Mission 15 - Halloween Capers

World Warp!

“Boo!” Toto yelled for the fourth time that minute and Joko gave him a look before grinning and pretending to be scared of the youngster.

 

The young matoki’s costume was a ghost, made out of a bed sheet and painted with dark eyes. Joko could only hope that someone had told Tats about it but since at the moment he was going through the agreeable mood stage he would more than likely be fine. Plus Toto was able to run around quite happily and he was enamoured with the fact that he could get a massive bucket full of sweets at the same time so everyone was quite happy.

 

Though quite how himself and Shishi had ended up on trick or treat duty Joko had no idea but it was quite fun to be able to wander around with humans who had no idea that they were intermixing with extra terrestrial creatures. Though he did have to wonder about some of the costumes that the parents were allowing their children to walk around in and was quite glad that they had only really just discovered the trend.

 

Reaching the next house along, Shishi tapped Toto on the back of the head, “Go on, go get some more. We’re going to have to head back soon though.”

 

“Okay!” Toto said trotting up the path and promptly tripping up half way down the path but barely even bothered by it as he picked himself up, grabbed his split candy and then continued on down the path like nothing out of the ordinary had happened.

 

Joko shook his head, “It’s sometimes so funny to see him being so grown up even though he’s still a kid.”

 

Shishi nodded, “It’s just going to be interesting when he becomes a big brother.”

 

“Dada turned out fine,” Joko said with an amused grin, “And he was still the little toe rag of a baby brother. Still is to be honest.”

 

Bopping the other lightly on the head, Shishi grinned, “I know. I still remember the fights you two used to have. It’s certainly going to be interesting.”

 

“Are we going to find a permanent place to settle for a little while?” Joko asked, watching as Toto got cooed at by the lady at the door, “All this moving about is not going to be good for the baby.”

 

“Tats said the same thing the other day,” Shishi said as he sighed, “I’ve got a few places that I’m looking into. It will be good to have a permanent home base and get a sort of normal life going.”

 

Joko grinned, “So we’re not going to go back to Mato?”

 

Shishi shook his head, “No....I checked the airwaves the other day and...yeah. We’ll stay here where we’re safe.”

 

“Look! I got a huge haul off that lady,” Toto came back to them to show that his bucket was now three quarters full.

 

“Told you no one can resist the cuteness of our little Toto,” Joko said, catching hold of the youngsters hand, “Come on, spooky, we’ll go home and share out everything and then watch some scary movies.” 

Shishi rolled his human eyes as he took hold of the trick or treat bag so that he could hold onto Toto’s other hand as they walked down the street, “If he has nightmares then he’s coming into your room Joko.”

 

“Obviously,” Joko said, shaking his head, “I remember what happened with Dada when I showed him some stuff. Don’t panic, I’ll only go with real tame stuff. I do not need a reminder of the Zombie incident.”

 

“Can I try to make friends with the zombies again Joko?” Toto asked, tiling his cloth covered bunny face up towards the other.

 

Shishi shook his head, “No and no digging graves for vampires either Toto.”

 

“Or putting out cat food for dead cats,” Joko continued, “Or painting directional signs for mummies or anything else crazy you had in mind.”

 

“Can Toto give sweets to Skeleton?” Toto replied.

 

Shishi sighed, “Why did you get him that toy again?”

 

“Feed them to Furby instead,” Joko grinned, “He’ll like them more than Skeleton.”

 

The little trio made their way down the paths of the houses that were brightly decorated, continuing on with a whole host of silly little things until they could safely turn down a path that led to an alleyway. Joko pulled out a small transmitter device and watched as Shishi pulled Toto up into his arms before linking onto his arm. Pressing the device it wasn’t long before they were back on the spaceship and Tats grinned as he extended his arm, “Where’s Mama’s little ghosty?”

 

“Boo!” Toto said, virtually leaping straight into the waiting arms and hugging tight, “I got loads of sweets and Toto is going to eat all of them himself.”

 

“Toto will be sick if he does that,” Tats said, pressing a kiss to Shishi’s cheek and ruffling Joko’s hair, “But you can have some tonight, though after your tea cause Dada’s been cooking virtually all day.”

 

As one large family, the group of Matoki sat down and ate all that they could manage of the pumpkin pies, chips, cupcakes, biscuits, broth and pizza which Dada had made and then divided the haul of sweets from both Toto and Keke out as evenly as could be managed. They then snuggled together on the large couch and watched kid safe horror movies, namely Casper and Hocus Pocus before Toto was bundled off to bed with a tired but happy yawn and the real horrors came out.

 

Though the only real result was that Tats and Shishi ended up sharing their bed with both of their sons and their future son-in-law when they finally got around to it. Tats just smiled, thinking that this was the best way to spend Halloween and rested happily for the entire night.