Mission 3 - Petal Attack!

World Warp!

“Heeeeellllllpppp!” a voice started off faintly before growing very loud and then faded out quickly as a certain pink furred bunny went racing past Dada which confused the green matoki very much, “It won’t stop chasing me!”

 

Frowning, Dada turned to try and see what on Earth Keke was going on about when he found himself suddenly slammed into by a fairly large, four legged creature with black and tanned markings. The creature was barking loudly and seemed to realise for maybe a second that it had barrelled into something before it was off running once again after the pink matoki.

 

“What is going on here?” Shishi asked, coming into the main bridge a few moments later to discover near total chaos, “And what is a dog doing in our spaceship?”

 

Keke, who had scrambled up onto the lighting fixture that was suspended from the ceiling of the space ship was visibly shaking as he glanced down at the dog who was innocently looking up at him with a big goofy grin, long pink tongue hanging out and tail wagging back and forth, “It just started chasing me and wouldn’t stop even though I asked it not to and it trampled Dada too.”

 

Shishi frowned and glanced that the green matoki who looked a little bit more on the dazed side than what he usually did and Tats was cautiously approaching in order to try and fix the bunny up. Shaking his head, Shishi was thankful that he had had a few encounters with the creature thanks to Toto’s insistence on meeting a real life dog and he glanced around the room looking for something that would be enough to distract the creature.

 

It didn’t take him long to find a green tennis ball and boldly he picked it up and bounced it to get the dogs attention, “Hey there you,” he said in a friendly tone towards the creature, “Do you want the ball? Do you?” he had observed this behaviour with the countless humans who walked the creatures around the field they were currently in since the ers weren’t cooperating no matter what Joko did to them which was annoying the genius.

 

The dog in question turned and gave a woof, bouncing a little bit on her paws – he had just managed to clock a quick glance at the dog’s undercarriage to confirm that little fact – and her tail wagged excitedly.

 

Shishi smiled and kept the dog’s attention on the ball, “Come on then, come on...you want the ball, you want it...whoa, wait!” the dog had leapt playfully at the matoki to try and grab the ball and the Leader got the impression that he best hurry up in regards to this whole situation and swiftly made his way to the door which had presumably been the way that Keke and the dog had come in, “There ya go girl, go fetch!”

 

Putting all of his force into the throw, Shishi launched the tennis ball into the sky and as quick as a flash the dog was off racing after it. Sure that the creature was fully clear, his long sensitive years picking up on the name “Petal!” being yelled by what could only be a concerned owner, Shishi quickly shut the door and locked it, hoping that the creature would not come back.

 

Making his way back into the bridge, he glanced up at the lighting rig where Keke was, “She’s gone now. You can come down.”

 

“You sure boss?” the almost timid reply came back and Shishi nodded. After a second or two the ninja dropped down to the ground and looked sheepish.

 

“Care to elaborate what happened?” Shishi asked the terror stricken rabbit.

Keke shivered slightly, “I was just going for a jog through the field and it started to chase me. I swear I did nothing to provoke it.”

 

“You’re bright pink and fluffy and moving,” Tats said unhelpfully, “Of course you’re going to attract a dogs attention. You look like a moving squeaky toy.”

 

Shishi decided that now would be a good time to go and check on Joko as he really didn’t need to be around for one of their arguments right now. Or maybe he would go and read. Yeah, reading might be a good idea around about now. 

 

AN 

Silly and rather daft chapter, even I'll admit that but it was fun to write. For those of you curious, Petal is my pet rottweiler and yes that is her picture up top. She will literally chase anything that moves and loves to have tennis balls thrown for her. Very blink and you miss it self insert but it was just a fun cute idea. 

Anyone got any suggestions for where I should take the Matoki's next? Comment and subscribe!