My Charming Bodyguard

My Charming Bodyguard

So Ra kept stirring the mushroom soup in the bowl with her spoon but never eat it. Mr Kang frowned his eyebrows. He put down the newspaper and looked at So Ra, “Why aren’t you eating?”

“I don’t have any appetite,” So Ra put down the spoon and leaned backwards on the chair.

“What is bothering you?” Mr Kang asked her.

“Nothing,” So Ra forced a smile on her face.

“Then I want to ask you a question,” Mr Kang told her. “What do you think of Park Yoo Chun?”

“Uncle Park’s son?” So Ra looked for Yoo Chun’s name in her mind. “He’s a nice guy. Why did you mention him all of a sudden?”

“You will engage with him next month,” Mr Kang said calmly.

So Ra’s mind went blank for a while. Engagement? She never fall for Park Yoo Chun, the man whom she only met three times. She didn’t want to marry anyone else. The only person she loves in Park Jung Su and no one else could replace him.

“Appa, I’m not going to engage with him,” So Ra told Mr Kang.

“It is not up to you to decide,” Mr Kang responded.

“I don’t love him!” So Ra stood up from the chair. “I love Jung Su and we are in love!”

“Nonsense!” Mr Kang slammed on the table. “The only man you are getting married to is Yoo Chun!”

“You can’t force me to marry someone I don’t love,” So Ra told him.

“I’m your father and you should listen to me,” Mr Kang said. “Don’t think that I didn’t know anything between you and Jung Su. I would not approve your relationship with him! He’s just a bodyguard and he isn’t suitable for you.”

“You can’t stop us from falling in love!” So Ra nearly yelled at him. She was frustrated, angry! Why couldn’t she choose who she want to be with? Why must she follow her father’s order? She’s a human, not a puppet being controlled.

“Enough! Two of you bring her back into her room! Do not let her leave the room until I give you the permission!” Mr Kang ordered two men in black suits. The two men grabbed So Ra and brought her into her room, ignoring her screams. Mr Kang took a deep breath and spoke to the other man, “Bring Jung Su to my office.”

“Yes master,” The man responded and took out his phone.

Fifteen minutes later, Jung Su showed up in Mr Kang’s office. The situation in the room is filled with silence. Jung Su felt uneasy. Slowly, Mr Kang turned around to look at him, “Do you still remember the promise you made the first day I brought you back?”

“Yes,” Jung Su nodded his head.

“Now, it’s time to prove it,” Mr Kang took out an envelope and placed it on the table. “You have two choices. One, break up with So Ra and you can still work for me. Second, take this money and disappear in front of my sight.”

Jung Su stood there without giving Mr Kang any responds. He should have seen these coming, shouldn’t he? Either choice he made would hurt So Ra.

“I give you three seconds to decide,” Mr Kang said. “Three, two…”

“I’ll leave,” Jung Su spoke before Mr Kang ended his counting. “But I won’t take the money. I love So Ra and I’ll prove to you that I’m good enough for her.”

Jung Su left the office without hesitation. He never sees the smile on Mr Kang’s face after he left.

‘I know you’ll prove it. I’ll wait for you son,’ Mr Kang thought. 

 A/N: Well, it wasn't park of my plan to update with new chapter today. But then! It's the big day for wuli Leadernim to be discharged from the army, so here I am~ Park Jung Su, welcome home as Lee Teuk~ And Hyuk Jae ah, thank you for being the subsitute leader for the past 2 years when Lee Teuk is away. You did a great job! And now, sit calm and wait for SJ 7jib. Woohoo!