My Charming Bodyguard

My Charming Bodyguard

It was a rainy night. He could never forget that night. It was the first time he met him, he who saved him from being a homeless child.

“What is your name?” He asked the boy whose shirt was partly covered by mud.

“Park Jung Su,” The boy replied. He looked into the man’s eyes and felt a sense of fear. Who is he? Why do I feel scared when I look at his eyes?

“I can change your life but you must stay loyal to me,” The man told him.

“I will stay loyal to you,” Jung Su responded.

“Good. Get in the car,” The man ordered him.

Thirteen years old Park Jung Su had no idea that the first step he took to get in the car could change his entire life. The car stopped in front of a white mansion. The servants opened the umbrellas and stood in a row to welcome their master. Jung Su followed behind the man and walked into the mansion. When they walked towards the living room, a girl in pink dress came running towards the man.

“Appa!” The girl hugged the man who bent down to carry her up.

“How is my little princess doing today?” The man asked in a gentle and soft tone.

“Appa, So Ra learnt drawing today,” The girl replied and looked at Jung Su. “Appa, who is he?”

“He’s Jung Su. From today onwards, he’ll be your friend,” The man put the girl on the floor.

“Annyonghaseyo, I’m Kang So Ra,” The girl introduced herself.

“Annyonghaseyo,” Jung Su responded. That was their first meeting. He was shy and she was happy to have a new company. Even years later, they still laughed at their first meeting.

Ever since Jung Su’s presence in the house, So Ra would look for him every time and stay beside him every time. Jung Su enjoyed her presence around him, though she could be annoying sometimes. One afternoon, he was called to the man’s room, which is So Ra’s father, his master.

“Jung Su, how long have you been here?” Mr Kang asked Jung Su.

“This is my third year,” Jung Su replied.

“Take a look at this,” Mr Kang pointed at the file on his desk.

“Training studio?” Jung Su looked at Mr Kang after reading the information inside the file.

“You’ll be trained to be a bodyguard, a good one. And then, you’ll be assigned to protect So Ra,” Mr Kang told Jung Su.

“Is Miss So Ra in danger?” Jung Su asked.

“No, she’s safe. But it’s good for you,” Mr Kang replied.

“I will attend the session,” Jung Su told him. He would not let anyone to have the chance to hurt So Ra. He will protect her, with his life.

“It starts next month. Till then, say goodbye to So Ra. She will miss you,” Mr Kang said.

“I know what to do,” Jung Su responded.

The night before Jung Su left, he and So Ra sat on the grass field in front of the mansion.

“Will you come back?” So Ra asked.

“I will,” Jung Su answered.

“Promise?” So Ra looked at him.

“Promise,” Jung Su told her.

The next day, Jung Su was sent off to receive training to become a bodyguard. The next time he appeared in front of So Ra, it was six years later. 

(A/N: First chapter is up~)