My Charming Bodyguard

My Charming Bodyguard

So Ra dropped her phone to the ground after receiving a phone call from her hometown, Seoul, the place she never return to ever since she left five years ago. Ailee came out from the kitchen when she heard something fall onto the ground. The next second, she saw So Ra started crying.

“What happened?” Ailee came to So Ra’s side.

“My father is in the hospital, I have to go back to Seoul immediately,” So Ra replied Ailee after she had calmed down.

“I’ll ask Jin Young to buy an air ticket for you now,” Ailee went into her bedroom and made a phone call to Jin Young.

‘Appa, please be safe,’ So Ra prayed hard.

***********************************************************************************************

Jung Su stood outside the ward room, waiting patiently for the doctor to finish the check-up for Mr Kang.

“How is he?” Jung Su asked.

“His condition is stable now,” The doctor told Jung Su.

“Can I go in and see him?” Jung Su asked.

“Just for a while. He needs rest,” The doctor replied.

“Thank you,” Jung Su walked into the ward room and saw Mr Kang lying on the bed with the oxygen mask. Few hours ago, his heart skipped a beat when he went into Mr Kang’s room and found him lying on the floor. He called the ambulance and did another thing which he thought he would never do. He made a phone call to So Ra. So Ra seldom called back home since she went to Italy but he memorised her phone number.

“Jung Su hyung, go home and have a rest. I’ll look after Mr Kang,” Min Ho came into the ward room.

“I’m okay,” Jung Su smiled at Min Ho.

“Miss So Ra should be arriving tomorrow morning,” Min Ho told Jung Su. He became Mr Kang’s bodyguard just two years ago and had never meet So Ra. But somehow he felt that something happened between Jung Su and So Ra. Whenever So Ra was mentioned by Mr Kang, he could see the sadness in Jung Su’s eyes.

“Araso,” Jung Su responded.

***********************************************************************************************

When So Ra stepped out from the airport, she didn’t expect to see Jung Su to fetch her up. He still looks the same except that he became manlier compared to five years ago. And also able to capture her heart like he did the last time.

“Miss So Ra, I’ll take the luggage,” Jung Su approached So Ra.

“Thank you,” So Ra responded.

When both of them were inside the car, the situation was awkward. None of them started a conversation. Their first destination was the hospital. So Ra sat down quietly beside her father. She caressed his face. Jung Su saw the tears forming in her eyes but she was being strong, not letting them fall.

“Appa, So Ra is back. Please wake up soon. I love you,” So Ra kissed her father’s cheek.

“I’ll go get you some food,” Jung Su excused himself to leave the room. Just like five years ago, he didn’t have enough courage to stay in the same room with her for a longer time.

When Jung Su came back, So Ra fell asleep on the sofa inside the ward room. Jung Su approached her, took off his jacket and placed it on her body. He then sat down on the chair and watched her like a guarding angle.

‘Five years went by and there isn’t a day I stop missing you. Seeing you again brightens up my day but this is it. This is the distance I shall keep between us. I’m sorry,’ Jung Su thought.

A/N: Another new chapter posted~ Have you guys heard about ths shooting happening in Seoul? Five soldiers were killed and seven are injured. Let's take a moment to pray for those who were killed. May they rest in peace. And also condolences to their families.