Zhang Yixing

Before I Let You Go

Perfect. That was the best word to describe Yixing. He was the complete package: handsome, caring and gentle. No matter who you were or what you had in life, he would go out of his way to help you. Over the years he had accumulated a large amount of friends and girlfriends.

Yixing was someone who believed in love at first sight. Sometimes that was mistaken for lust once he laid his eyes on a girl. But he wasn't a casanova. He was just a simple boy who fell in love too easily and wouldn't figure it out until it was too late. And so the number of girls kept on increasing.

His heart would always be broken once he realized what they wanted. To them it wasn't enough to just have him by their side. They wanted him to offer more than just a secure home and his love. And so the poor boy slaved away at making those girls happy. Whether he broke his back or got sick, he would always buy them expensive handbags or luxury brand heels. 

He was too young to realize that their love wasn't something that was right for him. Yixing was too kind to push them away. He was too kind to let them go. He was always weak when they whispered into his ear.

I love you.

Those simple three words were enough to make him fall deeper in love. But at some point the girls ended up leaving him. They disliked the fact that he kept trying to take care of them. Those girls hated Yixing for being too pure.

Weak. Obsessive. Innocent.

Those were the words that slipped off their tongues as they walked out of his door. He was always brokenhearted and depressed whenever it happened. But just as easily as they left, a new girl would replace the old one.

Not even Minseok, his best friend, could understand why he would allow himself to get hurt. Was it the fact that Yixing was abandoned by his mother? Or the fact that she always came back with empty promises to just take his money?

Yixing was a boy who wanted and needed someone to stay by his side. He was empty inside and no matter times he believed he was in love, there was always something that felt wrong.

And so he tried his best to make those girls stay. Maybe if they stayed long enough, they could see the Yixing that he kept hidden inside. The boy who was too hurt to share who he was. The boy who just wanted someone to hold him and wipe away the tears that fell.

He just wanted someone to take care of him. Yixing just wanted to be loved.

But the years went by without much luck. Girls came and went but he never gave up. He would seek out Minseok's advice to find someone that loved him back. Unlike Yixing who had so many women, Minseok had very few.

He was the complete opposite of pure hearted Yixing. While he never experienced much hardship, Minseok lived a life of drugs and alcohol. He was the bad boy that Yixing could never be.

Minseok not only had good looks but a dark past that many girls found attractive. He was the epitome of a mysterious man but just as Yixing struggled to find love, Minseok was no different. So both friends only had each other to rely on. 

They could only trust each other.

But that was trust was slowly being put to the test.

The friendship that they depended on grew weaker when she came along.

What was supposed to be a simple train ride turned into something else. Yixing who could never resist helping someone stared intently at a girl who stood dangerously close to the train tracks. 

A girl whose eyes screamed for help. A girl who needed someone to rescue her. 

She was the kind of girl who he couldn't resist. And, just as she was about to throw herself onto the tracks, he pulled her back. But what shocked Yixing more than the impact of landing was how he felt with his arms around her.

There was an indescribable feeling that circulated inside of him. It was if his body had finally woken up after years of sleeping. His eyes landed on the girl who stared back at him.

Yixing truly believed in love at first sight.

Her fingers slowly slipped into his own when he brought her back to his apartment. The soft skin that smoothed his rough hand delighted him. Yixing finally knew that this was the girl who would save him.

She was the girl who made his heart beat.

Na Ae Ri.

Ae Ri began to bring the Yixing that he had hidden for so long. She would be the one to wipe away his tears after his mother walked out the door once again. And he would be the one to hold her in his arms when she screamed at night. He would be the first person to notice the scars on her wrist. The girl who no longer had a reason to live.

They were both broken and abandoned. Yet they were able to complete each other.

I love you. 

Those were the words he wanted to hear Ae Ri whisper. No matter how many times they would kiss or touch, she would never utter those words. Love that had come so easily to him was something that Ae Ri was scared of.

Her mind would fill with thoughts that made her afraid.

What would happen if Yixing ever left her? Will he able to love her just as she loved him? Was she good enough for him?

So Ae Ri made sure never to let him see that. So long as Yixing stayed by her side, she would be happy. 

But life was never kind to her.

Just as he appeared in her life, he disappeared from it as well.

The boy who could never refuse to help others killed himself by doing just that. He would run into the street to save a little boy from getting hurt. But instead he paid the price.

He could never remember what he felt at that moment. Relief that the boy was alive. Pain from the impact of the car. Anger for having to leave Ae Ri all alone. 

It was Minseok who stayed by his side as he lay dying. The best friend who disappeared but came back. Even though he had tried so hard to hide it, Yixing knew that Minseok loved Ae Ri.

He knew that his eyes would harden every time his hands slipped into her own. Yixing knew his heart was slowly breaking every time he kissed her on the lips. The fact that he could smell alcohol on him every night only made it more noticable.

But the kind Yixing would never let Minseok know that he knew.

He loved his friend to greatly to let him leave.

And so he grabbed onto his friends' hand and fought back the tears that were b. The pain was too much to handle but he kept holding on for life. He began to lose his breath as he spoke to the last person who would see him alive.

'Take care of her'. Yixing whispered. 'Don't let her get hurt'.

Yixing hesitated as he stared at the sheet of paper in front of him. All it took was a signature and hisorgans would be given to people who needed them. Yixing who always helped others was helping them once again. 

There were so many things that he had wanted to say to Minseok. So many things to hear from him as well. But none of that mattered anymore. All he wanted was to hear three simple words before he left the world.

I love you. 

That was all he wanted to hear Ae Ri say. That was all he wanted and needed. 

The boy who believed in love wouldn't get to hear them. Just as those thoughts slipped into his mind, his body had finally given up. Minseok's watery eyes and warm hands was the last thing Yixing saw and felt before dying. 

Take care of her. Yixing's last thought was. Stay by her side.

He was finally gone and his organs donated. The heart that only beat for Ae Ri was whisked away somewhere else. The girl who had counted and depended on Yixing finally got to see him.

Her sobs were enough to break anyone. The tears that streamed down her face never stopped as she brushed back his hair. Her eyes grew dark when she realized she had no reason to live anymore.

Her trembling fingers delicately touched Yixing's cold cheek as she fought back her screams. The golden brown eyes that she treasured so much were blank. The warm hand that would automatically reach for hers was ice cold. He was gone from this world and so was she.

The boy who helped others was gone. 

The boy who had saved her was gone.

The boy she loved was dead.

'I love you'. Ae Ri had whispered as she kissed his cold lips. 'I love you'.

But Yixing never got to hear those words.

Life was never fair to her.

Or him.

••••••••••••

(Author's Note)

I wasn't going to show Lay's side but I felt it would be for the best. For the first few chapters I have decided to do everyone's background before going deeper into the story. So leave many comments below! I seriously hope everyone is enjoying the story. Also, isn't the main poster so pretty!? Thanks again guys!