Teaser: Asphodel

Before I Let You Go

Sorry for making you think that this would be an actual update but I've been crazy busy. I will try my best to update this week but as a way to make you feel a bit better, here is a small snippet of what is to come. Will their meeting day ever come?

••••••••••••

The sound of her rapid breathing was the only thing stopping her from shaking. Her fingers stood still over the keyboard as the monitor cast a dull blue shadow over her face. There was a dull pain in her fingertips, as if the cold plastic of the keys were freezing them. A shiver throughout her body made her jolt, reminding her of  what she was looking for. She fixed her eyes back to the monitor and her lips drew deeper into a frown as she skimmed the article. 

Why was she reading this anyway? Why was her heart racing?

He wants to see you. The person with Yixing's heart.

Ae Ri turned to stare at Minseok's body on the couch, the stench of alcohol and embarrassment filling the air. She turned back towards the computer when he shifted, silently begging he wouldn't wake up. It was annoying enough to look at him and she didn't need another speech. A soft groan escaped when she accidentally clicked on a random article. The air grew thicker when she caught sight of something interesting.

Body Memory: The Truth Revealed?

"Ae Ri?"

Minseok rubbed the sleep out of his eyes as he focused his tired eyes on her. Her body stiffened as she hastily pulled the power cord, the room going pitch black. The floor squeaked under her weight as she ran to her bedroom and slammed her door shut. He let out a sigh and stood up to pull open a curtain. Minseok stared at the empty street in front, strangely beautiful in its own way. All he needed to do was grab his keys and he could go anywhere he wanted. He could leave his miserable life behind.

"She wouldn't even notice if I left," Minseok chuckled, "She wouldn't even care if I died."

He closed his eyes and snuggled deeper into the worn out couch, a soft smile on his lips. 

It was just a simple step forwards...