Weary

Before I Let You Go

Minseok stared at his face in the small side mirror of his car, noticing the slight wrinkles and dark circles underneath his eyes. He stood up and slipped outside of his car, heading towards his apartment. He opened the door of his café and stepped inside, heading towards the back. The steps of the staircase creaked under his weight and he opened the door. His apartment was small but big enough for him. It was on top of the café since he couldn't afford to live somewhere else. The door to his bedroom opened and a young girl stepped out wearing his shirt, her legs long and pale.

"Where did you go?" She asked, "You left early in the morning."

"I had something to do."

"Who was the girl in the café?"

"Ae Ri?" Minseok nodded, "My best friend's girlfriend."

"Oh."

He slipped off his sweater and headed towards the bathroom. The girl followed after him and wrapped her thin arms around his waist. She rested her head against his back and sighed. Minseok felt his body stiffen and washed his face, ignoring her racing heart. He pulled slightly away from her and turned to stare at her. Her long thick hair fell in waves over her small face. He brushed it back and noticed the bite marks all over her neck and her swollen lips. She had thick lips, a delicate nose and wide light brown eyes. She was beautiful.

But something was missing.

"Why are you still here?" Minseok asked, "I warned you."

"I wanted to stay," She murmured, "Even if it's only for your pleasure."

"This won't work out."

"I know."

The girl looked up at him and wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him closer. Her eyes landed on his lips and she smiled when he leaned in as well. Her lips were soft and tender against his own. Minseok pushed her against the bathroom door and he slipped his hand over her thigh, her skin baby soft. He could feel the thin fabric of her underwear and he pulled away. The girl gasped slightly when he kissed her shoulder, the sleeve of her shirt sliding down. She shivered in pleasure as he traced her thighs, teasing her by pulling the band of her . She looked up at him with flushed cheeks and brushed back the hair that had fallen over his face.

"I love you," She whispered, "I mean it."

Minseok glanced at her and noticed the rosy cheeks and bright eyes. He could start a whole new chapter in his life. She was young, beautiful and loved him. That was all he could ever want. He could learn to love her.

"I'm sorry," He murmured, "I mean it."

But he couldn't.

He wouldn't.

"I understand," The girl pulled back, "I get it."

She reached for him and lightly kissed his lips before walking away. She slipped on her jeans and grabbed her coat, smiling at him as she left. Minseok covered his face and sighed. He stepped inside his bedroom and slipped inside his bed, too tired to change. He grabbed the medication bottle off the nightstand and swallowed two dry. Minseok closed his eyes and fell asleep, Ae Ri's face drifting in and out of his head.

••••••••••••

"You came early."

"I can't sleep."

Minseok stared at the psychiatrist with dark and tired eyes. He rocked back and forth as he tried to keep himself awake. He was back in the hospital, leaving Jongdae and Kyungsoo, his other friend, in charge of the café. It wasn't his scheduled day to come but he needed to see someone. He needed to stop himself from crying.

"Does Ae Ri-ssi still not know you come here?" The psychiatrist asked, "You still haven't told her?"

"No," Minseok shook his head, "I can't and won't tell her."

"Why?"

"Because I don't want to."

She silently nodded and turned to stare at the young man in front of her. Minseok was clearly handsome, his monolid eyes and smile were something to be envious of. Mix in dark hair and pale skin, he was the perfect man. But after months of insomnia and anorexia, his health was deteriorating. He had lost weight but gained it back with muscle. Even though he looked perfectly normal, he wasn't doing too well.

"How are you feeling?"

"Tired."

"Have you been eating?"

"Somewhat?"

Minseok rubbed his eyes and sighed. All he needed was to get stronger medication. All he wanted to do was sleep for once. He looked outside the glass windows and stared at the busy people walking through the halls. He noticed a girl with short brown hair glancing at the doors, confused on where she was. He could hear the doctor cough and turned back, blinking at her.

"I actually have something to ask," She said, "I want to hear your opinion."

"About what?"

"One of the people who received an organ from Yixing-ssi wants to meet his family."

"He didn't have any," Minseok replied, "There was no one."

"No mother? Father?"

"No, they were dead to him."

She reached out to grab a folder and placed it on the small coffee table in front of her. He stared at it with interest before realizing what she meant. Minseok ran a hand through his hair and looked away.

"You mean Ae Ri," He murmured, "Right?"

"You and her are the only family Yixing-ssi had," She answered, "That means he wants to meet her."

"No. I can't let you do that."

"Why not?"

His eyes grew dark as he turned to her, "Because it'll end up hurting her."

"It will be good for her," The doctor pressed, "The reality may hit her hard but it's the best chance we have in bringing her old self back."

Bring her old self back.

Minseok narrowed his eyes and bit his lip. What if she was right? Maybe once she realizes that Yixing was really dead, she would go back to normal. Ae Ri could go back to the way she was. She could finally let go.

And she will grow to love him.

He was willing to wait.

"Is that an actual possibility?" He looked up, "Can it happen?"

"Maybe."

He stood up and reached out to grab the folder. The doctor stood up as well and handed him a book that dealt with situations like these. Minseok nodded at her and walked out the room. He accidently bumped into the girl with short brown hair and her papers fell all over the floor.

"I'm sorry," Minseok bowed, "I didn't see you."

"No," She smiled, "It's my fault."

She crouched down to grab her papers when she noticed him doing the same. They stood up and Minseok rubbed the back of his neck. There was an awkward silence before he smiled. His eyes surveyed her body, curvy in all the right places. Her face was childlike, her lips thick when she pouted. There was nothing wrong with having some distraction.

"Coffee?"

"Huh?"

"How about some coffee as my way of apologizing?" He stared at her, "I own this small café nearby."

"You don't have to," She blushed, "It's all right."

"Please? It'll make me feel better."

"Then I shouldn't say no."

"You shouldn't."

The girl bit her lips to stop herself from smiling. She could see the small veins across his forearms and the toned muscles underneath his shirt. She slowly nodded and brushed back her hair.

"Okay," She nodded, "If it'll make you feel better."

"I'm Minseok."

"Minji."

'Ae Ri. My name is Ae Ri.' She said as she held onto Yixing's hand.

"Minji," Minseok smiled sadly, "It's a pleasure to meet you."

••••••••••••

(Author's Note)

Ahhh! I finally managed to update. So I came up with this great plan and yeah, I'll probably be updating this story more often. Please comment guys! Please? It means a lot to me if you do. I hope everyone is enjoying the story so far. Don't forget to comment and upvote! P.S there will be in this story but I'm still trying it out so sorry if it's bad. Lol.