Prologue

Before I Let You Go

It was just a simple step forwards.

That was all Ae Ri could think about. Just a step forwards and then her life would end. How simple could it be? Ae Ri ignored the stares that people were making. After all, they would never see her again. Just a simple step and her pain would finally end.

"You can do it." She whispered to herself. "Don't be afraid."

It wasn't the first time Ae Ri has planned to commit suicide. After countless cuts on her wrists and countless hangings, Ae Ri had finally come up with the perfect solution. It was just a simple step off the train tracks and she would be gone.

She looked up to see an old woman looking at her with concern. Ae Ri glanced down at herself and sighed as she realized that her clothes were dirty and ripped. It certainly didn't help that her hair and skin were oily from lack of cleaning. 

"Why does it matter?" Ae Ri mumbled. "They won't care what I look like when I'm dead."

Yet, though she tried to be calm, her hands were trembling in fear. There was something that kept holding her back from jumping. Ae Ri took a deep breath and stepped back when she heard the train approaching. She looked up to see herself in the reflection of the walls and smiled as she wiped away her tears. Ae Ri closed her eyes and raced towards the open tracks, but winced in pain when she landed on the cold, hard floor. 

"What the hell are you thinking!?" Someone screamed.

She looked up to see a boy glaring at her. His golden brown orbs burned a whole onto her face as she got up. His dark black hair glistened under the dim light as he wrapped his arms tightly around her waist. Ae Ri struggled to get out of his grasp until she caught sight of his plump pink lips.

She gasped in shock and felt her heart begin to race faster. Tears began to form when the boy finally let go of her. For some strange reason, Ae Ri missed the warmth that boy had. She shook her head in despair and started to run away, but was pulled back again.

"Where are you going?" He asked in a concerned voice. "You should go to the hospital."

"Let go of me." Ae Ri sobbed. "Please just let go."

"Are you hungry?" The boy asked. "Do you need help?"

Ae Ri looked up at the boy and shook her head as she tried to run. Her eyes grew wider once the boy reached out towards her face. Wordlessly, he brushed back her hair before wiping away at the tears on her face. She closed her eyes as the nerves beneath her skin began to burn. She looked up to see the boy smiling at her as he wrapped his arms around her body once again.

"I can help you." He whispered. "I can listen to you."

The boy reached down to grab Ae Ri's hand and pulled her outside of the train station. He grabbed a taxi and pushed her inside before sliding in beside her. Ae Ri's eyes flitted over the boy's face and landed on his hand wrapped tightly over her hands. After several minutes, he stepped out of the cab and pulled her towards an apartment building. Ae Ri followed after the boy and into a small apartment.

"I won't hurt you." The boy whispered when he noticed her expression. "I just want to make sure you eat."

The boy stepped further inside the apartment when a door opened. Ae Ri turned to stare at another boy who stared right back. His monolid eyes grew wide in shock as he awkwardly waved at her.

"Minseok hyung!" The blonde boy yelled. "Did you eat all the food?"

"No." The boy named Minseok yelled back. "There should be some left."

Minseok smiled widely as he walked towards the kitchen to help out the boy. Ae Ri grabbed her jacket and walked towards the door but stopped when someone coughed loudly. She turned to see the boy holding out his hand and motioned for her to take it.

Her eyes landed once again on his soft brown eyes and her heart raced once again. She didn't know whether to trust him but there was something about him that pulled her towards him. Ae Ri stepped forwards and grabbed his soft hand.

"I'm Yixing." The boy smiled, "Zhang Yixing."

"Ae Ri." She smiled back. "Na Ae Ri."

••••••••••••

(Author's Note)

Here is just a small prologue where you get to see how Ae Ri and Lay met.  So go ahead, comment and upvote! Thanks again my loveliest of lovely readers! Also, don't forget to check out my other stories! Remember: leave many comments!! Oh! And if you feel that you won't like my work then feel free to unsubscribe.