07

The Game of the Maze

Tao's screams rang through the room as he held his hands up to sheild his face from the incoming arrows and bullets. A bullet hit his thigh, making him use one hand to clutch it as he got down to his knees and crawled across the room. The room seemed as though it went on forever and never stopped. It made it pure torture. He was blindly crawling, bullets hitting all around him but only a few grazing his leg. Since there were at least 4 bullet wounds on him, he was almost blind with pain. An arrow hit his palm, causing him to bring that down from his face, leaving his face vulnerable. With great difficulty, he yanked the arrow out and placed his hand in front of his face once again. He didn't have to look down to see the blood puddles he was leaving behind. Tao was this close to convulsing on the ground. Finally, after what seemed like months, he made it to the other side. He breathed heavily, leaning against the wall. Around him were trees. He took a leaf and placed it on his bloodied hand, attempting to close the wound. If only it was that wasy. He used his numb fingers to make a makeshift bandage before putting it on his hand, the coolness of the leaves giving his hand immediate relief. 

His bullet wounds however were burning him alive, literally. It was that painful. He reluctantly looked down at his leg and used his finger to pull the bullets out. It caused him to jerk back in pain. Shakily, he removed all the bullets, all aligning in a single row down his leg, and made a long bandage. Exhausted and hurt, he sank down and allowed his eyes to flutter shut to rest for a couple minutes. He sat there, listening to the whoosh of wind. How long it had been? He didn't keep track, distracted from all the events. The pain lingered, but ceased a teensy bit. Tao found relief from that teensy bit though. 

Back at their hometown, Suho was researching up all the things he could find in dreamscaping.

"Find anything?" Lay peered at the notes that Suho have taken. Suho nodded and stood up, "Time to tell the guys." 

"Hey Suho!" Kai greeted him cheerily.

"Ok, what's up with that mood?" Suho stared at him, suspicious.

"Tao made it through the bullet room!" Kyungsoo burst out for Kai.

"I was supposed to say that," Kai and Kyunsoo bickered for a bit. 

Kris sadly grumbled, "He's extremely hurt." The TV was on but nothing was really happening. Tao was resting and Hyeri was eating and wrapping some food up.

"Why is she wrapping food up?" Luhan asked, blinking. 

"I have no idea," Sehun answered, shaking his head in a confused manner.

"I know." Suho cleared his throat. Everyone turned to him, attentive. Suho only cleared his throat when important things were to be said. 

"She dreamscapes." Suho waited for everyone to take this in, "Her grandmother did as well, and as a result, these genetics have been passed down to her. According to this website, the passing down part is only for every other generation. During dreamscaping, she can imagine that person's face and that perosn will appear. She can do anything she wants to in the dream, go anywhere she wants to or bring in anything she wants to. You realize that Tao has been starving without food?" Suho looked around to see nods and dazed faces.

"So what you're saying is that Hyeri is feeding Tao through dreams?" Kai blurted out incredulously.

"She's keeping him alive!" Kris happily grinned at the thought of Hyeri helping his best friend. Where would you get a better girl?

"Exactly, and you know what the government will do if they find out..." Suho trailed off, looking each of them in the eye.

"They die!" Xiumin finished. The boys' expressions all turnd into one filled with horror and dread.

"And how are we gonna prevent that?" Sehun eyed Hyeri, who was carefully putting the food under her pillow.

"Well, if she get's caught, who would be the first people the police go to?" Suho looked around.

Xiumin bluntly replied, "Her parent's." Suho grew flustered, "Yeah well after that?" 

"Us!" Luhan cheekily grinned.

"And when they come to us, we have to defend Hyeri best we could ok? And...if we hear about the police coming for us...we've got to get her parents to go somewhere far away. I'll book them tickets," the boys all nodded at Suho's master plan.

"Sounds good," Kris was still smiling creepily.

"And you say I smile like a freak?" Chanyeol muttered.

"Oh but you do," Baekhyun poked Chanyeol's cheeks. Chen mumbled something about them being too childish but only to get teased about being childish himself. 

Hyeri grew bored. Tao was resting - that part she loved - but she wanted to do something other than staying locked up in this....place. As the hours dragged on, a flashback came to her. One that she never wanted to have. The incident.

Flashback-

"Hyorin!" a younger Hyeri ran up to her best friend, Hyorin, and gave her a bear hug.

"Hyeri! You're so tall!" Hyorin looked up to see Hyeri, whom she hasn't see since the beginning of summer. 

"I know," Hyeri bashfully grinned as someone came up to them.

"Suho-ah, this is Hyeri. Hyeri, this is my new boyfriend, Suho." Hyorin was sort of blushing while introducing Suho.

"Nice to meet you," they both shook hands. 11 other males came up behind Suho, startling Hyeri, since she felt uncomfortable around many people and Hyorin knew that. Hyorin leaned in, "It's just his friends" Hyeri nodded slowly, eyeing them. One in particular caught her eyes. He was in a tanktop (since it was still hot) and it exposed his rippling muscles. His face was blank and unenthusiastic. She was attracted to him. One by one, they introduced themselves.

"I'm going to get something," Suho pointed at the super market across the street.

"Come back soon!" Hyorin smiled as he left.

"Gurl in love~" Hyeri teased Hyorin, who was dreamily looking after him.

"Talk about yourself eyeing that kung-fu fighter the whole time. Actually, wushu but it's all the same right?" Hyorin teased back. Hyeri glared at her best friend while her mind churned. Did Tao know thta she took wushu as a child as well?

"Hey, is that Suho?" Lay pointed across the street. Suho was walking but it was as though he wasn't paying attention to anything. He was basically blindly walking. Since the light was green, cars were rushing by and Suho would've gotten hit by one...if it weren't for Hyorin. She ran in and pushed Suho out of the way. She tried to scramble away with him but it was too late. The boys and Hyeri stood tehre in shock as Suho froze. And from there, Hyorin said bye bye to the world and Suho will forever put himself at blame. 

The boys and Hyeri grew closer after that incident.

-End flashback.

On screen, more action was starting to take place for Tao has decided to make another turn.

 

A/N- was going to update tmr...but here it is! Anyways, my friends and I just started a new fic called Destined Chance (SehunxOC) Please look at it and I hope you'll like it~