014

The Game of the Maze

Exo rushed to Hyeri's parent's house as soon as possible, which was right after lunch. Suho patiently rang the doorbell and Mr. Park answered, not looking as haggard and tired as before. Mrs. Park was at work so he was the only one who could talk to them.

"Mr. Park, we have to ask you questions regarding Hyeri's special ability," Suho was all business. Mr. Park stiffened in his seat ever so slightly but the sharp-eyed boys caught it. 

"Er, what about it?" Mr. Park glanced at all of them uneasily. Sehun played with his fingers as he waited for someone to speak. Seeing that no one would speak, he spoke up.

"Dreamscaping?" Sehun glanced up. Mr. Park's eyes widened. Kris and Lay observed his reactions. It was quite obvious he knew, and he was hiding it. They guessed it was to protect his own daughter.

"We know Hyeri can dreamscape," Kai informed him. Chen and Chanyeol excused themselves to go to the backyard. They didn't like serious conversations that much since it made them restless. Baekhyun followed them as well.

Mr. Park cleared his throat, "Did she tell you?" The 8 of them shook their heads. Mr. Park furrowed his eyebrows, deep in thought. These boys were smarter than he thought. And he knew that these boys would not tell the secret to the government since their friends' lives were on this. He contemplated between telling them the truth or just kicking them out. 

"What do you need to know?" He finally asked.

Suho straightened up, his face lighting up, "So it's true?" Mr. Park nodded and sighed, rubbing the nape of his neck. Luhan smiled.

"So what are we going to do about it? It's pretty obvious. And I think Hyeri saw something that traumatized her earlier," Kris pointed out. He remembered seeing Hyeri's stricken face after Jung left the room. Perhaps it was because Jung did something? 

Mr. Park stood up, "I know Jung." The eight boys jolted up in their seats, gasping. That was totally unexpected. He knew Jung. The president Jung. Mr. Park walked out of the room, letting the boys think about what had just happened. He quickly fixed some snacks for the boys before bustling back into the room.

"Thanks!" Kai grinned, taking some chips and cookies.

"What would Jung do?" Suho returned back to the topic, his curiosity eating him inside out. Mr. Park bit his lips as his mind wandered t when he and Jung were young adults at age 17. He always thought Jung was a bit delusional since Jung had a calm demeanor in every situation. One night, he was at a party and he saw Jung in the kitchen with a knife in hand. He was cutting himself. Jung saw him and came at him with a knife. From that day on, Mr. Park knew that he had some sick obsession with cutting and blood.

And that's when it hit him.

Jung must've cut the boy....Insu was his name. He must've cut Insu. Was Hyeri next on the list? His breaths became harbored as he thought of it. Hyeri couldn't loose any blood!

"What is it?" Lay was by Mr. Park's side in the matter of seconds, calming him down, making him take deep breathes in. Lay patted his head and sat down, waiting for the answer.

"Jung...liked to cut things with knives and see blood," Mr. Park managed out, gulping a glass of water that was on the glass table. Xiumin, Kris and Lay all widened their eyes in utter shock. Suho's jaw dropped along with Kyungsoo. The two maknaes, Kai and Sehun were cowering in what seemed to be fear. Suho felt fury rise within him. It was illegal to hurt people like that. And to think it was the president!

"He cut Insu..." Kyungsoo trailed off with a hushed voice.

Mr. Park bobbed his head up and down. Suho nodded slowly, understanding. Kris reached for the remote to see what was going on but Mr. Park beat him to it. On screen, Hyeri was watching Tao fall. Kris' face morphed into one of horror. What was Tao doing? This was not funny.

"TAO!" Sehun shrieked. Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Chen heard it and raced in, looking at the TV. All the boy's eyes were glued on the TV, desperately hoping that Tao would wake up and laugh as though it was a joke. But that was not to happen.

"Jung..." Kai suddenly cried, pointing at Hyeri's section of the TV. Jung was right next to the door, hiding in it's shadow. In his hand was a glinting butter knife. Hyeri was oblivious of it, but the boys and the father were all panicking. 

Suho shut off the TV, "We need to do something...and fast." Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Chen were all confused. They weren't here to hear about Jung. Kai and Sehun alternated explaining when Mr. Park felt a light bulb light up in his head.

"Hey boys...let me call Jung. Switch on the TV." Mr. Park went to the kitchen. Kris turned it on and watched Tao, in broad daylight, slumped on the ground. Jung's phone suddenly blooped, scaring the daylights out of him. Hyeri heard the sound and spun around, seeing Jung with a butter knife. Jung sheepishly smiled and ran away, Hyeri furiously shooting daggers with her eyes after him. He had to do something for her own survival.

"Thank you," Mr. Park smiled and walked in. 

He addressed the boys cheerily, "So boys, you are going to pack your bags. Tonight at 8, you guys are going to the destination of the maze and working. Sehun, Kai, Luhan and  Kyungsoo are going to do what Insu used to, each of you taking shifts. Bringing her lunch and stuff. Kris and I are going to manipulate the maze. Chanyeol and Baekhyun are sort of the janitors." Baekhyun and Chanyeol were complaining but Mr. Park assured them that they were going to be part of this since they were going to find a spot where Hyeri could run away.

"Suho and Lay, you guys are the assistants of that...nurse doctor thing...what was her name? Oh right! Soori. And Xiumin and Chen are personal assistants of Jung. All personal assistants are going to be a spy in disguise. I will inform your parents that you guys are just going on a trip with me. We are going to lure Tao to the end of the maze, get him outta there and get Hyeri out of there as well. If not...there's plan B, but let's hope it doesn't get to that."

Mr. Park took a deep breath in, "Here are your fake ID's and fake names." The boys all nodded. It was their turn to take action. They would stop this.

"And meet you here at 8!"