018

The Game of the Maze

Hyeri woke up with a groggy face. She felt someone's presence from beside her, a hand on her face, moving to her hair. Turning her head, she gasped. So it wasn't a dream. She thought it was a dream that Tao arrived safely, but they were in danger. She smiled up at him and he returned the gesture.

"I missed you," Hyeri was the first one to break the silence. Tao leaned in a pressed his lips on her forehead. A familiar wave of happiness swept over Hyeri. 

As she was about to say something, the door banged open and the 11 boys who had come barged in with huge grins on their faces. Hyeri, sensing that something big was to announced, turned her head toward the door. Sehun raised an eyebrow to Kris, who was staring at Tao with an emotional look. Instantly, Tao leapt from his spot and ran to hug his best friend. The boys and Hyeri chuckled as they watched the best friends reuntie.

"So." Suho broke the happy smiles with a serious face. The other boys quieted down grimly for they knew what was too come and how Hyeri would react to her father's decisions. 

"What?" Tao took a seat next to Hyeri on the bed and held her hand. He waited for his friends to tell him the news and how the hell they were going to get out of the situation. 

Luhan cleared his throat and began, "So we have a solution to get out of the situation you both are in. Since I normally don't want to beat around the bush, I won't this time. During lunch at 12 on the dot, your dad, Hyeri, will distract Jung as to asking him things about the operation of the maze. The other staffs will be called in as well because it'll be kinda like a 'meeting'. While they are all there, we will pretend to be guarding the doors and stuff. There is one guard that is going to be at the gate, and so Kyungsoo will give him a cup of tea laced with some drug that'll knock him out for 30 mins most. We will run." Kyungsoo bit his lip as he nervously thought of his part. He wasn't usually this evil, but it was the matter of life or death.

"What about dad?" Hyeri abruptly asked. Tao nodded from Hyeri's side. Ever since Tao started to date Hyeri, her dad was nothing but supportative and helpful for their relationship. Luhan averted his eyes to anywhere but the couple.

Confused, Tao and Hyeri turned to Suho who began to blabber nothingness. Kris looked away. Everyone was dodgy. Lay finally spoke up since his friends were all too....emotional?

"He's staying." There was dead silence after those two words. Hyeri's eyes widened and her jaw dropped slightly. For the first time, she didn't have anything to retort. Tao stared at his hyungs (with the exception of Sehun and Kai who were both guiltily looking away) with a look of utter disbelief. 

"W-what?" Hyeri managed to stammer. Everyone just turned away and pretended to be busy. Hyeri blew out an annoyed sigh and huffed her way out the door. Slamming the door shut behind her, Hyeri raced down the hallway, past doors, through hallways, into nowhere. She finally stumbled into a dark room where her father sat, on a lab chair. 

Silently screaming, Hyeri raced toward her father but ran into a thick glass wall surrounding her father. She pounded onto the door over and over, trying to get her seemingly sleeping father's attention. She managed to get her voice back and started screaming inchoherent words. Miraculously, her father jerked up, gasping for breath. He turned towards Hyeri wide eyed. 

"NO FATHER GET OUT OF THERE!" Hyeri shrieked. There was a pounding of footsteps coming from behind her as the guards rushed towards the room. Since the glassed area was soundproof, Hyeri couldn't hear what her father was trying to say. 

"GET OUT!!" Hyeri hysterically screamed. Her father just cast her a sad look before he shut his eyes again and collasped back onto the chair. Hyeri slid down, not blinking, her mind still in shock of what her father was doing. Her mind was jumbled and she couldn't think of anything. 

And then the door swung open and two guards hurtled in with guns and began shooting. A loud bang startled Hyeri, causing her to look up just as a bullet came zooming into her face. 

 

Author's Note:

OMG BEEN SO LONG IM SO SORRY BUT YAY IM GONNA BE DOING THIS MORE OFTEN NOW (: short chap sorry~