012

The Game of the Maze

Hyeri watched Tao take huge leaps toward the log. He would cringe every time his foot made contact to the lava. He would wince every time his foot sank into the lava. It was as though the TV was put on slow motion just so Hyeri could watch Tao's agonized face. How she wished she could rush there and comfort him. Tao took a final leap and his feet sank into the river bank. His facial expression was one of relief. But then he quickly blinked back to Earth and realized what he was there for. Tao grabbed the log and sighed, eyeing the huge valley of lava in front of him.

"Don't do this," Hyeri mumbled, imagining burn marks littering Tao's handsome face. She inwardly shuddered before leaning foward. As foward as possible with those dang chains holding her back. If her glare could burn anything, those chains would be a melted heap of metal on the ground. 

Tao put the log on the lava, laid on it and used a stick to maneuvere across the valley. His face was concentrated and tightly drawn. Hyeri watched in horror as some of the wood began to flicker off. The lava was too hot for the ashwood. When Tao saw this, he began to paddle faster. Lava flew everywhere as he frenzily paddled. Some splashed onto the camera and all Hyeri could see now was a volcano and upclose lava. Couldn't the camera crew do something? Of course not, they didn't do anything that would help anyone, Hyeri bitterly answered her own question. 

A silver tray was placed in front of her. Seeing all this food, Hyeri's stomach growled.

"President Jung is coming tomorrow. You have to look fed well," the officer stated before sashaying out of the room. Of course. Trying to kiss up the president, what a normal thing to do. Hyeri glared at the door and began to wrap up most of her food. If they wanted to please the president and pretend that theyw ere feeding Hyeri right, they would have to feed her right everyday along with treating her right. They were in for a huge disappointment tomorrow. 

Withing the hot haze in the course Tao was battling through, his log had completely sank into the thick lava. Tao thought his foot might be burnt off, but he still somewhat trotted the last couple yards until he got into another highway. Was it just him or was he in the beginning again? Tao groaned, his head facing the sky. A week wasted. He promised, no swore, to get to Hyeri. With newfound determination, he set off again, this time limping as fast as he could go.

He went through random hallways and entered random doors. They were all a blur to him. His hunger go the best of him. Nothing crucial had happened during the last couple hours that he spent going through random places. No hard courses. All was peaceful. He didn't like it peaceful. When it was peaceful, he thought that something bad was going to happen. And he didn't like that. His heart ached to see Hyeri's face, to inhale her peachy scent, to feel her smooth and warm hand on his. Every fiber of his body screamed to see Hyeri or at least hear her voice.

But that could not be done.

Suho watched in disapproval. Not that he didn't like what Soori helped Hyeri with, but he didn't trust this medical assistant. She was eerily mysterious. Her story about being her grandma's friend was filled with holes. Suho shook his head and concentrated on Tao. 

"OHMIGOSH!" Baekhyun suddenly cried out. 

"What!?" Chanyeol hurried to Baekhyun, alarmed by the sudden cry.

"I just realized...." Baekhyun slyly grinned and looked everyone in the eye, but not Kris since his eyes were trained on the TV, disapprovingly watchng Tao blindly rush into random rooms and halls. 

"Tell us already," Sehun whined since Baekhyun was dramatically waiting for everyone's attention. Sehun pouted and Baekhyun finally spoke.

"I snuck some folders in my shirt and I found something in one of them." Baekhyun stepped aside to reveal the manilla envelopes sitting beside him. Suho gasped along with the others. Kai reached for one but Baekhyun slapped his hand away

"Give me one," Kris stated from where he was sitting. All heads swiveled to him. He gave Baekhyun a look and Baekhyun reluctantly handed one over to Kris. Suho demanded for one and soon, everyone was looking through one, searching for any information that could help them. Baekhyun was giddily on the computer, clicking stuff and typing things. When Suho looked closely, he saw Baekhyun on Microsoft Word. How peculiar.

Suho approached Baekhyun and tapped his shoulder, "What are you doing?" Baekhyun started at the sudden voice but calmed down. He gestured at the thumb drive on the side of the computer. Suho's jaw dropped. Baekhyun had also taken a thumb drive.

"What does it say?" Suho pondered in a hushed whisper.

"This," Baekhyun secretly smiled and pulled out a Microsoft Word file. It read:

Park Hyeri, born at 12:00 am at Children's Hospital.

Blood Type: G

Descendent of Park Junhee with a special power of Dreamscaping. No blood tests for her. Also, if she ever scrapes herself, she will be at risk since her blood type is the only one in the world. Nurse L told the us, the parent's to keep this a secret. We are honored to have a daughter like this.

Baekhyun grinned, watching Suho's expression. It went from eager to confused to utter shock. Saying that SUo was stupefied was understatement. The parents knew all along.

"No way," Suho loudly blurted out, attracting everyone's attention. They rushed to the computer where Baekhyun was and saw the file. Suho was stock still, the information still running through his mind. Baekhyun read it aloud to the others and they became shocked as well.

"Well..." Kris dragged out, not knowing what direction this was going in.

"There's a blood type G!?" Kyungsoo exclaimed, massaging his temples. This information was exploding in his mind.

"Never knew it," Chanyeol mumbled.

"You know what this means right?" Lay looked at all of them. They shook their heads.

"We pay a visit to the parents!" Xiumin cried at the exact same time as Lay, who had replied to the silence with, "If Hyeri bleeds at all, then no one can save her!"