017

The Game of the Maze

Tao felt something under him moving. He didn't know what was going on. He wanted to open his eyes, but it stayed firmly shut. Sighing exasperatedly inwardly, he tried to open his eyes again. It was as though metal blocks were placed upon his eyes, making it shut.

"Put him here." He was then picked up and placed on a soft bed. His hands curled at the feeling of a matress. Was he on a bed? The chattering stopped and a door shut. He furrowed his brows. This was what it was like to be blind. Tao tried to open his eyes again, but it didn't work.

With his sharp ears, he heard some voices. One of them was really recognizable. Chanyeol.

"Sir, we need to visit him!" He heard Chanyeol insist. What in the world was Yeol doing here? Was this his death wish?

A sigh was heard before the door creaked open. He heard racing footsteps and then the touch of a large palm on his hand. Chanyeol's palm.

"T-Tao..." Kris' voice was heard. His voice broke a bit. Tao tried to open his eyes to see his tall friends, but it didn't work.

"Kris?" He managed to croak out. His throat felt raw. He took a deep breath in.

Someone rustled something. He heard something in another room. A girl's voice. He was so sure it was Hyeri's voice. Hyeri. He ached to see her.

"Tao, you aren't dead!?" Kris whispered as though he was in awe. Kris couldn't believe he really thought his best friend was dead. He was inwardly whacking himself for that. He should trust his best friend fornot dying!

"Tao can you see us?" A soothing voice. The voice of Luhan. Tao tried to open his eyes again but failed. He heaved in a breath and managed to shake his head. 

His mind was so exhausted. He couldn't think of anything right now. And then he fell into a unconciousness again. The last thing he remembered were some muffled screams from Hyeri next door and the gasp of his friends.

Hyeri heard from the boys that Tao was next door. She tried to get away from the stupid chair, but ended up failing. Just as she was on the brink of getting her rope loose, she heard footsteps. And then Jung stepped in with a suit and polished shoes. His hair was jelled back and he had a sick leer on his face.

"What are you doing?" He leaned into her face. Hyeri wrinkled her nose and leaned as far away as possible. 

Hyeri continued to work on the rope as discreetly as possible. But because Jung had such sharp eyes, he saw what Hyeri was doing. And he came at her with a flying fist. Hyeri was pretty sure her nose was bleeding, especially after he hit her on the nose with his knuckles. Pain swept through her system but she refused to let it show. She desperately gave the rope one more tug before it came loose.

She stood up and started to dart left and right, finding a way to get past Jung's huge build in order to get to Tao.

"Where you going?" Jung thundered in a scary voice. Hyeri almost cowered in fear. Almost.

"Tao." She blankly stared at him before charging for the door once again. Jung caught her and placed his hands above as she screamed. She was losing it. Hyeri wanted to see Tao so badly.

Jung smiled widely, showing his gums, "Not a chance. He's dead." And then he did something to Hyeri, making everything go black.

~~~

Kris was hovering above of Tao with a worried expression. Beside him was Hyeri. The boys crowded the 2 unconcious beings. It was around night time, and all the workers were asleep, so the managed to sneak out and get to the two in the infirmary. The father was pacing around. He had lost hope in this situation. Having spoke to Jung during dinner, he found out that since Tao and Hyeri were a hopeless case, he was going to put them to death anyways. 

"No. We have to sneak them out as soon as possible." He muttered to himself.

The plan had to go along quicker than he imagined. 

"Tomorrow," Kris stood up with a bleak face. Suho grimly sighed. He followed Mr. Park and began to pace as well.

Sehun stared at the wall, deep in thought, "We don't have any escape routes." The boys nodded in agreement. Mr. Park blew out a breath before looking each boy in the eye.

"I'll call a meeting as to what to do for the death. You guys will have to take them and run. Out the gate. At the morning, I will put a drug in the guard's coffee and take the key and give it to him. You guys will run around noon." Mr. Park informed them.

"We are leaving you!?" Lay stared at Mr. Park with wide eyes. He nodded slightly, making all the boys tune in.

"Why!?" Suho turned to Mr. Park with a respective gaze. This man would sacrifice his life to get his daughter and them out of this situation.

Mr. Park wistfully smiled at the door before leaning and and kissing Hyeri's forehead before exiting. But before he exit, he spoke to the boys sternly.

"Get her to our house. Get my wife and bring them somewhere you guys won't get caught. I'll try to get there." Mr. Park spared them one last glance before walking out. Suho sighed before glancing at the two sleeping bodies.

"We should go." Xiumin stood up. The other's filed out the door while Kris stood in front Tao.

"Tomorrow," Kris brushed their hairs. He smiled a smile filled with hope and left the room. Tao was half awake by the time Kris left. His head hurt but he was thinking. Tomorrow? What was to happen tomorrow? Curiously filled every single fiber of his body. Maybe, just maybe he dared to hope.


IMPORTANT

HAI GUYS! IM SO SO SO SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED IN SO LONG. THERE ARE SOME PERSONAL PROBLEMS IM GOING THROUGH. I GUESS ILL TRY TO UPDATE ASAP :( ENJOY THIS CHAP (: