016

The Game of the Maze

Tao was seeing black. His mind was sluggishly making a onclusion that this probably would be the end. He felt his pulse slow down. Mentally, he created a message for Hyeri.

"Hyeri, I love you no matter what...." Tao felt his head droop a bit lower. Confusion clouded his mind. Wasn't he supposed to be dead? But...but he was still breathing. It didn't make sense. The poison was supposed to kill him. Were they to make it agonize to him? His breathing slightly slowed as his mnd shut down on him. 

Hyeri watched this in horror. For the whole entire day, she had been watched by a smirking Jung. Hyeri herself was smirking mentally as well. If Jung dared to do something about her dreamscaping, she could bring up the fact that he cut people. Anyways, Tao was slumped. Hyeri was sure he was dead. Jung was now standing and smirking even bigger if at all possible. Hyeri wanted to-- Oh she didn't know. She was ready to launch herself out the windows and sprint out into the maze to get to Tao and hug that boy to death.

"So seems like panda boy has died," Jung was evilly thinking of ways to put this brat he pretened to like to death. For the past years, he had put people to death by burning them, chopping of their heads or slowly poisoning them. None of them seemed to suit this Hyeri character however. his chin, he made a mental note to ask his advisers.

Hyeri inwardly gulped, "Tao's not dead." She stubbornly crossed her arms and glared at Jung. She would feel it if Tao was dead. But something withinher knew Tao was alive. The thing was...was he really alive?

"He seems to be," Jung carelessly pointed at the television. Hyeri stared at the TV, boring holes into the black machine. She wouldn't believe it. No. He's not dead.

Hyeri shook her head, her opinion firm, "He's not dead. He can't die in 10 days!" Her voice rose higher and higher as she reached the end of her sentence.

Jung was watching Hyeri in amusement. He had never seen this kind of emotion in her before. Maybe, just maybe she wasn't the robot he thought he would be. He frowned. Just when he thought his choice for the game was perfected, Hyeri had to ruin it.

"Your death will await you." Jung stood up and walked away.

Finally. He finally left the room. Hyeri used those moments of freedom stretching and praying for Tao to be fine. And then the door swung open and Insu walked in. He was put on watch now. Hyeri blew out a frustrated sigh and sat there, staring at the TV.

Jung sat at his office when his phone rang. He answered it. He had his old friend come today, working for him. He heard that his friend, Jaesom Park, was married but didn't bear any kids. In his opinion, he thought Jaesom sort of looked like Hyeri, but he shook that thought away.

"We are here," Jaesom reported over the line. He heard the talking of boy voices. Ah yes, that was what he was waiting for. 

"I'll bring you in," Jung warmly smiled and hung up. Straightening his coat, he stood tall and strode to the bolted, metal doors of the entrance. He unlocked it with a silver key and came face to face with Jaesom. 

Jung was astounded. Jaesom looked so much older now. Prominent eyebags were seen. His hair grayed so much that it was almost all gray. His clothes were a bit rumpled, but when Jaesom smiled, the same crinkles on his eyes appeared. 

"Jung!" Jaesom warmly shook Jung's hands and introduced him to the 11 males behind him. Jung observed the males. They were incredible handsome and had a good build. They could do a lot of things for him.

"Alright, I'll show you to your rooms, give you a tour and then show you this years girl." Jung chuckled and bought them through an intricate maze of hallways. Kris was stiff since he saw what happened to Tao. He was dying to save his best friend from this mess.

"This place is too gray," Sehun pouted, suddenly feeling a need to see red. 

Jung silenced him with a single look. Bringing them into small rooms with two bunk beds and one restroom, he let them settle down. The 12 of them took up a total of 3 rooms. After they were done settling down, he showed them the clinic, staff, kitchen, dining hall, game control room, sports arena and finally, to Hyeri. Hyeri felt her door open again. 

Wordlessly, she looked up and to her greatest shock was her friends and dad. The first thing she thought was betrayal. She couldn't believe they would work for her enemies. Her hurt filled eyes stared at the 12 figures begging for her to not take this the wrong way.

"This is Park Hyeri," Jung proudly announced, gesturing to a stupefied Hyeri.

Hyeri opened to scream 'dad' but her dad made a small throat cutting gesture to silence her. Hyeri, still having no idea what was going on, stared into the air. The events of today. Tao nearly dead, her father and friends working with her enemy and her death awaiting her was just too much. Hyeri shook her head, sighed and shut her eyes.

"Alright, we'll discuss everything else during dinner. You are free to go anywhere." Jung clapped and crisply made his way to his office. 

Luhan rushed to Hyeri's side, "Please don't misunderstand this!" Soon, all of them were crowding around her, begging for her to lsiten. Hyeri rubbed her temples and kept her eyes shut.

"Why," she whispered in a hushed voice. She didn't get it.

"To help you." Her dad cut in. The boys stood back and let the dad explain.

Hyeri heard everything about their plotting and saving them. Hyeri critically eyed them. So they were here to save them.

But how many days did she have left until Tao actually did die and she would go with him?