Suspicious hyungs and a supportive oppa

Catch a falling star

“I’m going home late tonight oppa. Don’t wait for me.”  Jae Hee told her brother while they were eating breakfast together.

Woohyun passed the milk to her sister. “Why? A project came up?” He asked her.

“Ani. I’m going to study.” She drank her milk.

Woohyun was slicing the fried eggs on his plate. “Why not here? I’m not going to disturb you.”

“Don’t ask.”

“I’m asking you why. Are you studying with someone?”

“Ani. I’m studying alone.” She looked away from his brother’s penetrating gaze.

She doesn’t have to go out to study really. It’s peaceful enough at home without her brother’s friends making their place a war zone. Truth is she wanted to go out and study somewhere else to get some fresh air and a change of scenery. There, that was the reason.

Lame.

She wanted to go out and study at the café she last went to with Jongup to see him by chance. Talk to him too if she has enough luck on her side. Aish. Was she going out of her mind? This was the sort of distraction she won’t need while preparing for her exams. And besides, she’ll spend more money if she goes out to study.

“Araso.” Woohyun said, pulling Jae Hee’s attention away from her internal battle.

“What?” She looked confused.

Woohyun flicked his sister on the forehead. “Stop dozing off and eat your breakfast already.”

“What were you telling me just now oppa?” She asked her brother, rubbing her sore forehead.

“Go study where you want and ace your exams.” Woohyun grinned.

Jae Hee grinned back at her brother. “I will.”

-----------------

“What were you doing going home late at night?” Yongguk asked Jongup.

B.A.P was eating breakfast together.

“I was getting some fresh air hyung.” Jongup told Yongguk, munching toast.

Youngjae raised his eyebrow, leaning forward and staring hard at his dongsaeng. “Fresh air?”

“Are you not telling us something?” Daehyun copied what Youngjae did and high-fived him.

“It’s not like you to go out at night by yourself.” Himchan joined the inquisition team.

Jongup just grinned at his hyungs. “I was with Junhong.”

“Ani. He went home earlier than you.” Youngjae leaned back, crossing his arms on his chest.

Daehyun, Himchan, and Yongguk bobbed their heads, up and down.

“Were you seeing someone?” Yongguk asked Jongup, pouring coffee on his cup.

“What are you talking about hyung?” Jongup laughed at Yongguk’s remark like it was the funniest joke in the world.

Four pairs of eyes turned to glare at Jongup.

Jongup raised his arms, laughing. “What?”

Himchan turned at the maknae who was silently munching eggs. “What about me, hyung?” Zelo looked up at Himchan.

“What was Jongup doing going home late?” Himchan asked Zelo.

Zelo looked at Jongup.

Jongup shook his head with the tiniest fraction of movement he could muster.

“Battery low. System shut down.” Zelo slumped down at his seat.

“Yah! Junhong-ah! It’s not a variety!” Daehyun grabbed Zelo’s collar, shaking him.

Zelo opened his eyes and looked at his hyungs. “I’m innocent.”

“You’re going out again tonight, aren’t you?” Youngjae glared at Jongup.

Jongup shrugged. “I may not.”

But everyone in the room knew that he will.

Jongup knew that he will too. The urge to see Jae Hee was so strong, he couldn’t stop it. The feeling was so alien to him; he knew he only felt it with Jae Hee. Why does he want to see her? He asked himself that question a hundred times already last night. And he stopped doing so, because he does not seem to get the answer.

He just wanted to see her, and he will.