Greasy brother

Catch a falling star

A gust of cold air entered the open window, sending a sleeping girl to shiver on her seat.

“Nam Jae Hee!” Someone was shouting somewhere.

The girl turned in her sleep, her elbow bumping into a stack of books, causing them to fall onto the floor.

The loud thumping sound of the books caused the girl to stir.

Where was she again? She thought.

“Nam Jae Hee!” This time, the shout was louder.

Her eyes widened in realization. She had fallen asleep in her study table again and her brother was the one shouting. She closed her eyes and groaned. Just five more minutes, she thought.

But Nam Woohyun wouldn’t grant her wish for five more minutes of sleep. Not with his constant banging on her bedroom door now.

“You told me to wake you up early Jae. Don’t blame me if you’re going to be late on your recitation.” Nam Woohyun hollered at his younger sister.

Great, she thought.

She immediately scampered to the bathroom. She did not want to get her bedroom door off its hinges by her brother.

 

“Nam Jae Hee, will you hurry?!” Woohyun was not finished with his early morning tirade just yet.

Jae Hee looked at herself in the mirror and sighed. She had neatly braided her hair today but it seemed that she couldn’t make the dark circles under her eyes because of the all-nighter she pulled disappear.

“Are you coming out or not?” Woohyun shouted impatiently.

Jae Hee took her bag and slung it on her shoulder. “I’m coming oppa!” she shouted back.

“Good morning to you too oppa. Don’t shout early in the morning as if you don’t have neighbors,” Jae Hee told her brother, making her way to the dining table.

Woohyun was already seated in front of the table, drinking his coffee. “You move like a turtle,” Woohyun told her sister. “And put on some concealer will you?”

 “I don’t own one.” Jae Hee informed her brother, putting a spoonful of rice in .

Was her sister serious? Woohyun thought. It’s a necessity nowadays.

But when she stared at Jae Hee’s pale face, he realized that his sister was the type of girl who doesn’t care about make-ups and what-not.

Seriously, she needs a boyfriend, he thought.

-----------------

“Do your best on your recitation today,” Woohyun ruffled his sister’s hair and planted a kiss on her forehead.

“Tch. Greasy as always.”

“Yah!” Woohyun made a move as if trying to slap her.

“I’m kidding oppa. Of course I will do my best. I always do, don’t I?”

Woohyun laughed. “Yes you do.”

“I’m gonna get going oppa, you take care of yourself,” Jae Hee winked at her brother while getting out of the car.

“You take care too.”

Jae Hee waved at her brother, and started towards the school as soon as her brother’s car turned around the corner. She looked at her watch. “Kyaaaaaa!!! I’m going to be late!”