Bumping and tripping

Catch a falling star

“Did I forget something?” Jae Hee tapped her finger on her cheek. “Hmmm.” She was casually pushing the cart along the grocery aisle while remembering the things Woohyun told her to buy.

“Ah! Fruit juice! Oppa told me to buy fruit juice!” she exclaimed. She immediately ran towards the aisle that contained the fruit juices her oppa wants. Now, running and Jae Hee doesn’t really suit one another. Her oppa and friends always reminded her of that, what with the constant incident of tripping and stumbling. And it isn’t a surprise for her to do just that today, plus bumping her cart on something solid.

“Ow!” The fruit juice that the man held slipped from his hand. He sighed and looked straight at the culprit- who has her head currently bowed down, saying sorry.

“Be careful.” The stranger said to Jae Hee but she couldn’t understand nor hear his muffled voice.

“I really am sorry mister.”

Jae Hee looked up and was greeted by a familiar hat and mask. She tilted her head to the side. “You look familiar.”

“……..”

She pointed her finger at the stranger before her. “Oh! You’re that weirdo!”

The man just stared at her.

“Coffee stain!”

The stranger looked confused. “Coffee? Stain? I stained my clothes with coffee yesterday.” He said in a muffled voice she can’t understand nor hear.

“I was the one who stained your clothes.” She pointed at herself.

He pointed at her. “You were?”

Jae Hee nodded her head vigorously. “Ne.”

“Oh. I wondered where the stain came from.” And he walked away.

Jae Hee’s jaw dropped. “He really is weird.” And she proceeded to the cashier while shaking her head only to dash back to get two cartons of fruit juice.

----------------

“Coffee stain!”

“Coffee stain!" She shouted. "Aish, that man does not know what listening is.” Jae Hee ran towards the weird man while bringing two bags full of groceries. (It’s a wonder why she didn’t trip). And she finally stood in front of him, while he just stared at her.

“STOP!” Jae Hee panted, hands on her knees. “I wanted to give you something.” She proceeded to find that something in her bags full of groceries while the man in front of her tilted his head on the side, now curious.

“Ta-da!” Jae Hee extended her hand to him. “Fruit juice. You forgot to get yours after I bumped into you. Also, I’m sorry about the coffee stain yesterday and bumping you with a cart earlier.”

The weird man nodded.

 “I’ll get going now. Bye!” Jae Hee turned her back on him and walked towards home bringing her bags full of groceries. Only to have those bags ripped after taking a few steps.

Jae Hee could just only sigh at herself. “Am I just really clumsy or I’m really unlucky?” She picked up the groceries.

The man behind her stared at the groceries on the road and stood in front of her. Jae Hee looked up and smiled at the stranger. He sighed and ran back to the store.

“I thought he’ll help me. Well, he’s weird.” She turned back to picking up the groceries and put them back to the bags, slapping her forehead. “The bags are ripped.”

Two cloth bags magically appeared in front of her. Well, not really magically.  Jae Hee ran her eyes on the arm in front of her and looked up. The weird man sighed. I seem to be sighing a lot with this girl. He knelt and put the groceries on the bags that he brought and stood up, holding them.

He turned to look at her. “Where do you live?”

“Huh?”

“Where do you live?” He repeated the question again.

“I can’t understand you.” She shook her head. “Take off your mask.”

This girl really is something. I don’t want to sigh again, he thought.

He took off his mask.

“You look familiar.” She titled her head to the side and thought about where he had seen him. “I’m sure I saw you somewhere.” She saw her somewhere alright, but her ability to remember seemed to be failing her at the moment. She stared into space and thought hard. “Never mind.” She smiled at the man in front of her.

Whew. That was close. He smiled at her. “Where do you live?”

She looked surprised, eyes enlarging into circles. “Why?”

“What why?”

“Why are you asking me my address?” she said, her arms forming an X in front of her.

*Inwardly sighs* this girl really is weird, he thought.

*Inwardly counts to ten* this guy really is weird, she thought.

“I’m going to help you bring your groceries into your home. I feel that if I leave you alone you’ll get into another mishap.”

“OH.” Jae Hee uncrossed her arms. You idiot! He’s trying to help. She smiled. “Follow me.”

This girl does not seem to know me. He smiled and followed her.

-----------------

“What took you so long?” Yongguk asked Jongup.

Jongup shrugged off his jacket. “I helped a girl.” He took a seat.

Five pair of eyes looked like they will pop out from their sockets.

“A girl, hyung?” Zelo asked, smiling widely.

“Yes.”

Five guys scampered out of their seats to flock around Jongup.

“Where is she?” Himchan asked excitedly.

“Who?”

“The girl. Aish, I want to slap you already,” Daehyun said, messing his hair while waiting impatiently for Jongup’s answer.

“She went home.”

“WHY?!” Five guys really wanted to strangle Jongup.

Jongup laughed, “Why wouldn’t she be?”