Morning

Catch a falling star

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!” A piercing shriek came from Park Minhee.

Chanmin ran from her room to get to Minhee’s side. “Is there a fire?” She anxiously asked her sister.

“Fire?” Minhee stared at Chanmin blankly. “What fire?”

Chanmin rolled her eyes and put her hands on her hips. “Well, since you were shouting and all that, give me a reason why you’re disturbing people’s peace early in the morning.”

Minhee then pointed at the two sleeping figures on their couch.

Chanmin’s jaw dropped. She looked at Minhee but her sister only gave her that “I-told-you-so look”. Still, Chanmin stubbornly refused what she was seeing. She started to shake her head at Minhee when Jongup moved his arm and s it around Jae Hee’s waist. Like it was the most natural thing to do in the world.

“You want me to take a commemorative photo? Jae Hee might not believe it too when she wakes up.” Minhee was about to raise her handphone to take a photo when Chanmin snatched it from her. “Give them privacy will you?” Chanmin pulled Minhee’s wrist and dragged her to her room but Minhee forcefully pulled her hand away from her sister’s grasp. “Woohyun oppa already knocked at our door countless times. Time to wake sleeping beauty up.”

Chanmin sighed. Why must her sister be such a spoilsport? They should be supporting Jae Hee at times like this. Knowing she could do nothing when her sister already has a goal in mind, she followed Minhee only to stop in her tracks because of what she was seeing in front of her.

Jongup was leaning on his elbow, tucking behind Jae Hee’s ear the strands of hair that strayed on her face and looking at her with what could only be tenderness.

Chanmin elbowed Minhee and hissed at her. “Now, wake Jae Hee up. Let’s see who’ll look evil.” She put emphasis on the word evil.

“Okay. 10 minutes.”

Chanmin raised her eyebrow.

“I’ll give Jae Hee 10 minutes before I wake her up.”

“30” Chanmin bargained.

“15”

“20”

Minhee raised her hands in surrender. “Fine. Just make sure you’ll be the one to open the door and explain when Woohyun oppa knocks again.”

Chanmin gave her sister a toothy grin. “I will.” She glanced back at Jongup and Jae Hee and smiled before hopping back to her room.

-----------------

Jongup smiled tenderly at Jae Hee. He could suffer a hundred fevers if she won’t run away from him again, he thought. But by then he would be weak. He chuckled at what he was thinking. He must find another way to trap her again in his arms then. He pressed his forehead against Jae Hee and was about to close his eyes when suddenly, his phone rang.

“I’ll kill Himchan hyung if it was him.” He muttered.

“MOON JONGUP!” Kim Hinchan shouted from the other line. “Where the hell are you? Why didn’t you come home last night? Aish! This kid, really. You’re giving me headaches early in the morning.” But at the other end of the line, Jongup was already counting the ways he would kill Himchan. Poison? Not really that painful. Stab him with a knife? Nah. Too bloody. “May I remind you that within the next hour and a half we will be heading to an interview.” Himchan continued.

“What?! Interview?” Jongup furrowed his brows in confusion. “What are you talking about hyung?” Then suddenly, it clicked. He slapped his forehead for being so forgetful. He then carefully got up so as not to wake Jae Hee and headed to the kitchen.

After about 20 minutes, Chanmin went back to the living room to check if Jae Hee was still sleeping. She was surprised when she saw Jongup fixing food on the table.

“What are you doing?” Chanmin asked.

Jongup blinked his eyes at Chanmin. “Do you perhaps live here?”

Chanmin nodded.

Jongup looked like he was about to say that he recognized her but shook his head. “I don’t recognize you. You’re different from the girl last night.”

“That would be my sister Minhee.” Chanmin explained. “Sooooooo, what are you doing?” Chanmin went to the dining table and examined what Jongup cooked. Hmmmmm, fried eggs, bacon, ham, toast. Everything from their refrigerator. “You didn’t finish all the food in our refrigerator, did you?”

Jongup looked at Chanmin in surprise. “Oh! I’ll just repay you for the food that I cooked.”

Chanmin laughed. “I’m just kidding. So, you made this for Jae Hee?”

Jongup sheepishly rubbed his neck.

“Aigoo. Jae Hee you lucky girl.”

Jongup extended his hand at Chanmin. “You might think of me as rude. I’m Moon Jongup. I was the one sleeping on your couch last night.”

Chanmin shook his hand. “Park Chanmin. Jae Hee’s friend. The one you met last night was my sister, Park Minhee. And I know you. B.A.P right?”

Before Jongup’s could nod in agreement, his phone rang. “Excuse me.” He pulled his handphone from his pocket and answered it.

“Are you coming here or what?” Himchan sounded so furious on the other line.

“I’m coming hyung, just boarding the bus.” Jongup then hung up to avoid getting scolded again.

“Ummm Cha, could you tell Jae Hee….. Nevermind, do you have a pen and paper?”

Chanmin nodded and got Jongup what he needed.

Jongup sat down and furiously wrote down a note for Jae Hee. “Could you give this to Jae Hee? I really have something urgent coming up. I don’t want to wake her. I made this breakfast for her and her friends, eat up.” He told Chanmin before making a dash for the door. Before Chanmin could look at Jongup’s note for Jae Hee, he appeared at the door again and headed straight towards the couch. He knelt down and pressed a gentle kiss on Jae Hee’s hair. After looking at her once more, he stood up again and ran towards the door.