Stalking a weirdo

Catch a falling star

Jae Hee looked up to see a man donning a black cap and mask standing before her, clothes soaked with coffee. “I’m so sorry sir,” Jae Hee bowed, immediately wiping the coffee stains from the stranger’s clothes.

The stranger just shrugged her off and continued walking as if nothing happened.

“Huh?” Jae Hee whispered to herself.

She ran and followed the stranger off to who-knows-where.

“Mister!”

No answer.

“Mister! Mister whom I spilled coffee to and stained his clothes!”

Silence.

“He’s weird. It seemed like he didn’t even notice I spilled coffee on him,” Jae Hee whispered to herself.

When she looked up again, there were no signs of the man she just followed. She looked left and right, retraced her steps, and ran forward. Still no stranger with coffee stained clothes. She looked around and found herself standing on a place she didn’t know.

“Aish. Why did I even follow that weirdo? I really am an idiot,” Jae Hee knocked her head and studied her surroundings. A park was on her left and on her right is a skating rink. She took a few steps forward and stopped outside a coffee shop. There seemed to be no one inside but a sleeping barista on the counter. 

“My feet hurt. Aish, where is this place?”

Jae Hee took a deep breath.

 “I think I need to ride a taxi.”

Jae Hee sighed.

“That would cost a lot of money." She bit her lip. "But would I prefer to be stuck here? No I don’t. I would ride a taxi.”

-----------------

“I thought you already went home?” Woohyun asked Jae Hee, looking up from his computer monitor. “It’s already late.”

“I followed a stranger whom I spilled coffee to, and it turned out that he was a weirdo, and I found myself lost,” Jae Hee said to herself.

“What?” Woohyun scratched his head. He sometimes found it weird that her sister talks to herself.

“I wanted to visit you here in your workplace,” Jae Hee said instead.

“You wanted to visit me this late?” Woohyun asked. “Sometimes I wonder where that weirdness of yours came from,” he added as an afterthought.

“Says someone who isn’t weird himself. Oppa, I’m hungry. Let’s eat dinner and go home together.”

“You haven’t eaten yet?” Woohyun asked, fixing his things.

“I just said I’m hungry. Hurry oppa,” Jae Hee said, rushing first to the exit.

“Where’s my coffee?” Woohyun asked her sister while they were looking for somewhere to eat.

“Huh?”

“Stop dozing off, will you? I asked you what happened to my coffee. You said you’d bring me a cup when you go visit me,” Woohyun said.

“I tripped,” Jae Hee explained to her brother.

“You always trip. Aigoo, you really should be careful Jae. Oppa might not always be there by your side to help you get up”

“I know. You weren’t there earlier when I tripped oppa. I stood up by myself,” Jae Hee grinned at her brother.

“Aish!” Woohyun laughed and ruffled his sister’s hair.

-----------------

A man wearing a black cap and mask and coffee stained clothes entered the practice room.

“What happened to your clothes?” Himchan asked Jongup.

“What happened to my clothes?” Jongup asked Himchan.

The urge to roll his eyes is there. Really there. “Look down,” Himchan pointed at the coffee stains.

Jongup looked down at his clothes. “Oh!” He rubbed his neck and smiled sheepishly at his friends.

“So what happened?” Youngjae asked this time.

Jongup shrugged. “I don’t know.”

How typical of Jongup not to know.