09

Wallflower

The days dragged long but I was able to pass our compiled reviews of all those paperworks and I couldn't have done it without Chen.. okay, and Kai.

"Thank you guys, so much. You save our asses" I was facing chen while giggling shyly but I could sense Kai's judgemental stare at me so I cleared my throat and faced Kai.

"And thanks to you too, for helping and paying stuffs" I fumbled on to the loose strands of my knitted sweatshirt. I don't know but there's something about this guy that makes me nervous, just by staring back at his infinite pool of darkness in his eyes. Cringe.

"Hm" Kai simply replied and slings his backpack on his shoulder lazily and walks away without saying another word to us, tch. Weird guy like seriously.

"Sorry about him, he's bipolar sometimes" Chen apologized for that jerk's behalf, smiles sweetly at him and pats his shoulder.

"Don't be sorry. Anyway, I'll treat you as a thank you gift, what do you want?" I nudged him by his elbow as we start trailing Kai's footsteps that leads out of the building.

"Uh, maybe next time? I have to do something else" Chen rubs his nape as he look at me

"Oh sure, sure. Gwaenchana" I reassured him

"Okay, bye" He waved at me and just like that, we both parted ways as he went in his car. While me, I dragged myself out of the Campus just to find Kai leaning on this big- motorcycle with a helmet in his hands.

"Got rejected?" he teased, I rolled my eyes at him and gave him a scowl as I approach him

"Is this yours?" I asked as I checked out his black bike and I'm sure it's expensive. Well, it looked expensive tho.

"Yep" he nods and positions himself on the bike after tossing the helmet to me and I had to do ninja moves (weird, comical moves) to be able to catch the helmet. Good thing I wasn't carrying anything or else this heavy expensive helmet of his would've been kissing the streets by now.

"Ya. Mwoya?" I frowned at him as I see him already wearing a black helmet, looks down on the helmet that I was holding.

"Hop on" He smirked and shuts that tinted part of the helmet where it protects the face, I looked at him like he was a crazy.

"Why would I?" I scoffed and was about to hit his arm with the helmet when he raises his index finger and wagging it as if warning me. Then I knew what he meant by that. I knew I would get another consequence if I don't follow his words. Tch, this guys is seriously--

"Ara, ara" I nod and put the helmet over my head and pulls it down. It was really hard to push your head thru the helmet and it was narrow and heavy and stuffy. It was really uncomfortable until he pushes the tinted part of the helmet up; revealing my face.

"Thanks" I mumbled and reaches for the seat behind him. Hey, I was short and his motorcycle was no joke. It was big and high, I also had a hard time climbing up on the seat and he took off as soon as I was able to sit behind him; not even giving me time to shift comfortably. Aish.

Air was slapping my face due to his speed, everything went on like a blur. Even shutting my eyes was no use to contain my fear, he was like on 1000000 kph. I had to hold onto him if I want to stay on my seat and not end up flying away. Heck, I didn't even care if my skirt was waving around to the people on the streets (well I was wearing shorts so it was no big deal).

What I hate about him driving is; 1st, his speed that I think, goes on 1000000 kph; 2nd, his overtakings and zooming inbetween all kinds of vehicles; 3rd, just the way he drives, he drives like he was alone. Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp.

Then the worst part is when he abruptly brakes that sends my soul forward, leaving my lifeless body leaning on his back. I need my soul back, eodiya, come back.

"We're here" he naturally proclaims as he took off his helmet and running his fingers thru his hair as if he just finished showering while my soul, on the other hand, wasn't back in my body yet. I feel like a veggie.

"I hate you" I was able to croak that to him and he just chuckled in return. I'm going to kill him, I really will.

"You okay?" he looked back at me and I looked up at him, giving him the are-you-fkking-kidding-with-me-what-do-you-think look despite my squished cheeks because of this stupid narrow helmet.

It took my soul a few minutes to find its way back to my body and I straighten up; freeing his shirt under my fists. I didn't realize how hard I was gripping on his shirt until two crumpled section on his lower shirt caught my eye. Shakes my head and hops off the motorcycle.

Kai parked the motorcycle and I was on the process on pulling this helmet off my head. Each pull I make, it feels like my head's going with it, it was like it was glued to the helmet. Kai must've seen my misery and came to help me pull it off.

"Finally" I breathed as he was able to pull it off my head and I'm pretty sure my hair's a mess since Kai was secretly laughing to himself as he secured the helmets on the motorcycle.

"Shut up" I threw a lifeless punch on his arm as we walk towards a building which looked suspicious.

"What? I didn't say anything" he shrugged but I came to a halt as soon as I recognize this building. People lining up. Two Johnny Bravo-looking guys on the entrance. I knew it, where else would I expect this guy would go?

"A club? Seriously?" I crossed my arms as he stops and faces me, blinking innocently.

"Please? I need to grab a drink and forget everything" he lowered his head as that familliar cold, empty eyes came to sight. There was something wrong, I can tell. Was it about his lovelife? Bussiness? Family?

"What's wrong? Tell me" I take a few steps forward towards him, trying to meet his gaze.

"Don't if you don't want to" he coldly shrugged me off and heads in the club. As a normal person, I would've left but as his classmate/slave, I can't. I sighed defeatedly and follows him in the club.

Music blaring. Disco lights beaming. Crowd literally grinding to each other with the smell of liqour ventilating the whole club. I really hated this kind of stuffs, I mean, people just come here to waste their money and life. Eck. I had to squint my eyes to follow his back thru the crowd, at this time, my night blindness was kicking in but thanks to some spotlights, I was still able to follow him from behind.

"Eh? Eodi?" I blinked as his back vanished from my sight and I was on the verge of panicking since I don't know my way around here and too much of everything here was suffocating me. I had to bite on my lowerlip hard to surpass different kind of guys who blocks my way. Just then I catch a glimpse of Kai who was already dancing with some girls.

"Kai! Kai!" I tried my best to call him but the loud music ate my words away, I wasn't moving anymore since the crowd was stopping me from moving at all. Then the worst case scenario came, a group of 3 guys blocked me completely from Kai who was just a few feet away.

"Hi there, dance with us?" A guy spoke, even tho I couldn't see them properly, I could tell they were drunk. Waaaay drunk, judging from that strong scent of alcohol from them. I tried to ignore them and lashes thru the crowd but I was trapped. Trapped in a sea of people. They were already grinding their bodies towards me, I was on the verge of tearing up.

"Please. Hajima, stop." I tried pushing them away but I was no match for them. All I could do at that moment was to hang my head low, biting on my lip hard, so hard that I could taste its iron-taste. Wishing that Kai would turn his head to my direction, wishing he would save me from them but I know he wouldn't.

"Ya" someone pulled me to his chest, yes, his. He was a guy for sure but I couldn't see his face since my face was pressed against his chest. He was able to shoo the guys away then he was able to drag us out from the crowd and the next thing I knew, we were already seated on a couch. I was still clinging onto him then I didn't realize I was crying after I saw wet spots on his shirt.

"Kamsahamni-" I was wiping my cheeks and stops as I look up and recognize his face. It was none other than, Kai.

"YA! YOU!" I screamed and hits his arm a few times, I was actually beating him up in a mild manner. He just straightened up after I got worn out of beating him.

"Tired? Here, drink up" he hands me a shot glass with a strong smell, I took it from him and glares at him. He just smirked at me after drinking his own shot then he onto a slice of lemon and I recognize this drink as a tequila. I drank mine in one shot and the burning sensation on my throat came and I quickly onto a lemon.

"And this is how I forget all my problems. In this short span of time, it helps me forget about them by blocking them with alcohol. You might not know but my life's pretty ed up" He smirks but this time, it was different. It was not the usual playful smirk but it was rather a.. melancholy-type of smirk. He looks away and drowns himself with liquor.

I wonder what kind of problems he was experiencing. Was it that bad that he prefers to forget about them all? What was it about? And why am I having this unexplainable feeling deep down within me? I should not pry.. I guess.