07

Wallflower

This was not the usual bright and sunny morning for me. Woke up with Injoo beside me who was snoring out loud, groans as I push myself up and leans my body on my bed's headboard. Yep, I took Injoo in my apartment since she was too drunk to go home. Sighs as I stare at her face with her eyeliner, mascara and lipsticky smudged all over her face. Massages my arms which was sore from dragging her all the way up here last night then turns to look at my clock by the sidetable, blinks repeatedly as I widen my eyes.

"Shoot! It's already 7am. We're late" immediately shoots myself off from the bed, stumbling on our scattered things on the floor and rushes to the bathroom to take a real quick 10mins. shower. Goes out from the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my body and hair wrapped up like a sundae. Then my phone rang with an unknown id number, reaches for it and answers anyway.

 

Me: Hello? Who is this?

Him: Hey, slave. Had a good sleep?

Me: Kai? How'd you get my number? Wait, don't answer that. I'm hanging up.

Him: Hey hey hey. I'm not done talking and as my slave, I command you to grab a burger for me on your way to the school. I'm starving.

Me: Are you kidding with me? Buy your own. Bye.

 

Hangs up on him, rolling my eyes as I stuff my phone in my bag and turns to Injoo.

"Ugggh"  Injoo groaned as she pushes herself to sit up while holding her head, rushes towards her and pulls her off from the bed, dragging her towards the bathroom and pushes her in despite her protests.

"Shower, now. We're late, ppali ppali" shoos her in, closing the door and walks towards my closet and picks out 2 pair of jeans and random shirts for me and for her, good thing we both have the same waistline and body frame. Like this is déjà vu, it happened a hundred times wayback highschool, tsk. She never learns.

"Ya, can I borrow your clothes?" she asks as she walks out from the bathroom

"Everything's on the bed" I said as I brush my hair and pulling it up to a messy bun and applying powder on my face and chapstick to my lips then turns to her who was busy jumping up and down as she pull her jeans up

" Kaja?" she breathes out, smiling like an idiot, rolls my eyes at her as we both exited my apartment with yogurts in our hands.

 

As expected, we were both late and we happen to miss our first subject which was history but it wasn't a big deal to both of us since it was way boring but the teacher thought different and gave us tons of paperwork.

"It's your fault" I groaned and hits her head with a pile of papers then like usual, she showed her pair of doe eyes with that cute pout on her lips, clasping her hands together

"Sumin-aaaaah, I'm really sorry" she whines as she scoots closer and moves her face so close to mine, almost rubbing her cheek to mine

"Okay, okay. Stop" rolls my eyes as I push her cheek away with the bottom end of my pen and focuses on these pile of paperwork, if she wasn't my bestfriend, I would've crush her to death. Sighs.

"Hey, I'm sorry" chen's voice causes me to lift my heads up to see him standing infront of our table, rubbing his nape.

"Uh, why?" Injoo asked before I could.

"You were late because of my party and everything" he apologizes like woah, he's really thoughtful thinking it was his fault when it was just Injoo's stupidity for drinking too much.

"It's o-" I was cut off by Injoo who stood up with that suspicious grin on her face and I'm not liking that look on her face, she always makes that face when she's up to something.

"Oh, it was okay but, uhm" she started and glanced at me

"But what?" chen asked as he wait for her to continue

"You see, we have a lot of paperworks given by history prof and maybe you can help us with it?" Injoo flashes her sweet smile to him, my jaw dropped at what she just said, I was about to protest when chen spoke up.

"Oh. Sure, sure" and with his answer, Injoo turned to me and winked at me. I was already sending her the I'll-deal-with-you-later-and-dont-expect-to-live-after look.

"That's really kind of you but we don't want to trouble you, thanks anyway" I said as I stand and tries to take back what Injoo just said

"Oh no, no. Please,  I'd love to help. So, see you later?" he smiles at me then nods at Injoo and left before I could protest.

"Song Injoo!" I clenched my jaw as I turn to face her but she wasn't there anymore, she fled before I could even batter her. Then my phone lights up, indicating there was a text message.

 [Injoo]: Hey! Goodluck on your date with Chen and btw, can't make it later since I have to go somewhere and won't be back 'til next week. Thank me later when I get back. xx

"Ah, jinjja." scoffs as I toss my phone back in the pile of papers, pressing my temples to calm my nerves, she actually ditched me, leaving me with a pile of paperworks to do. Yep, goodluck to me. Mazel tov, Sumin, mazel tov.

"My burger?" Kai suddenly pops out of nowhere, making me jump a little.

"Geez, where did you come from?" glares at him as I try to calm my suprised heart

"Burger" he stubbornly asked as he stare at me

"Didn't buy you one, we were running late" turns away from his heated stare at me

"Then, you earn yourself a consequence" he smirks and walks away. I don't have a good feeling about that smirk. Nu-uh.

 

"Hey" Chen called out as I got to the gate of the University, he was leaning by the gates, smiling at me. Grips on my slingbag's strap as I approach him

"Oh, hey" smiles shyly at him like my hearts pounding on my chest as he offers to bring the papers on my arms

"Thanks" I thanked him and he nods as we starts walking side by side.

"So, I know this cafe just a few blocks away. We can work this there" he smiled at me and nods in return

"Uh btw, Injoo won't be helping us and sorry about the trouble" I bit my lowerlip as I look down

"Yeah, she texted me. It's no big deal" he assured me and opened the door of the cafe for me.

"Thanks" I smiled and enters the cafe first with chen behind and then he led me to a couch with a round table in the center and someone with his back facing us was already there, sitting at the edge of the couch.

"Uh, who's he?" I asked chen and then that someone turns around with that signature smirk tugging from the corner of his lips.

"Hi, yuko-ssi. I' m here to help" Kai stood up and tilting his head to the side, keeping his smirk and I'm not liking that.

Oh no.