011

Wallflower

Monday. The dreaded Monday.

I was busy flipping thru pages of my biochem book and scribbling various of formulas on my non-spring notebook since mid-terms were coming up and I can't afford to fail any of the subjects since it was my last year on college, last year 'til I get to work and earn my own money. I don't really like to depend so much on my parents who are currently in Japan, working our bussinees there. I mean, they're already old and everything.

"Sumin-aaaaaaaaaah" that annoying voice chirped not so far from my seat, looks up and saw her. Injoo was hopping towards me but came to a halt as I started throwing dagger glares at her.

"Injoo" smiles evilly and rise from my seat, taking dangerous steps towards her and the next thing I know, she already zoomed out from the classroom.

"Tch. That girl" frowns and runs after her but bumps onto someone who was carrying piles of papersheets and it went flying all over us as we both fell on the floor.

"Ahh" we both groaned as we sat up, facing each other and widens my eyes as I recognize this person infront of me

"Chen-ssi, mianhe" bites my lowerlip as I scramble to collect the papersheets that were scattered on the floor then I heard him chuckle and crouch next to me, picking the papers up

"Gwaenchana. No worries" he flashes a smile at me, swear I could see the light flashing out from his bright smile, I could melt on the spot if I continued looking at him

"Still, I'm sorry" I distanced myself a bit from him as I continue picking up the sheets then tugs this papersheet which was under someone's shoe.

"Excuse me" I muttered as I try to pull the papersheet but this person kept still and not moving his shoe away. Scoffs and rolls my eyes as I stand to face this person and came face to face with his pair of empty eyes

"Oh, Kai" chen stood up beside me as he greeted Kai which in return, just nods at Chen and glances at me before turning on his heels and strides in the classroom. Seriously, what a rude jerk-.

"Tch" glares at his back until he was gone from my sight

"I'm sorry, he's just having a hard time" Chen apologized (again) on his behalf, why does he have to be so kind and gentle? Why does he keep making me fall for him again and again? Ughhhhhhhhh.

"He wasn't like that originally" Chen shrugs as he crouch down to pick up the remaining papers, stares at him

"Jinjja? What happened?" I blinked at him after he straightened up

"He actually had a dark past, he's been wanting to forget about that day" Chen looked gloomy as he started and leans against the wall. Whatever Kai's past must be something tragic, judging from Chen's expression.

"I don't want to pry but what happened?" I peered on his face but then he just smiled and took the pile of papersheets in my arms and said

"It's not my story to tell. Ask him."

"Oh, arasseo" I nod as I watch him walk away towards the Teacher's office, leaving me with my curiosity eating me up. What exactly happened?

 

Afternoon classes were as boring as the morning classes. I can't help but glance at Kai who was staring out the window, thinking deeply.

"Ya" Injoo nudged me by the shoulder but wait, since when did she got here? And I can't beat her up since the classes were going on

"Mwo?"

"You said you don't like him but you kept on staring at him" she teased and earned herself a smack on the arm

"I wasn't staring and it's none of your bussiness so, shoo" waves my hand at her as I turn my head back to the whiteboard, trying hard not to be distracted but Chen's words kept replaying on my head.

 

He wasn't like that originally

He actually had a dark past, he's been wanting to forget about that day

 

Shakes the clouds of thought away. Why do I even care? It's none of my bussiness anyway. Just then a girl walked in, garnering stares and comments from everyone in the class. She looks too young to be a teacher so, maybe a transferee?

"Oh everyone, meet your new classmate. Yoo Dani" our prof announced and I tell you, the moment she walked in, guys were practically drooling over her. She was just like another Song Injoo of this school. She has a long hair, pointed nose, a slender body and most of all, she was tall. She was like a doll of a pair of doe eyes. I can't help but feel jealous over her beauty.

"Annyeong-haseyo. Yoo Dani-imnida, please take care of me" she introduced and judging from her accent, she must've lived in the states for a few years

"So Dani, you're from states? Where in particular?" our prof asked

"LA, California" she smiled sweetly, well too sweet that it makes me cringe. I don't know why but there's something about her that I don't like, deep down on my guts already hates her, not that I'm being bitter and jealous over her. Something about her is just..weird.

"Ohhhh. Almonds" and with our prof's words, it made all of us cracks up, laughing over that corny joke.

"Please sit inbetween Kai and Yuko" our prof instructed her, great. Of all empty chairs, why next to me? inbetween me and kai?

"Hi, Sumin-ssi" she greeted as she lays her eyes on my name tag, looks up to her and nods

"Hey. Call me yuko" I said and she nods as she sat next to me, I saw her greet Kai but he didn't even spare her a glance or look. Tch, what a rude jerk-.

"So you must be from Japan? Are you japanese?" Dani focused back to me

"Ani, I'm korean. My family moved in Japan when I was in middle school" I answered

"Ohhh" she slowly nods and that was the end of our convo, when I looked up, I saw the students looking at us, well, just Injoo, Dani and Kai actually since the four of us were in one row, sitting next to each other.

 

"Waah, the socialites line"

"They're so goodlooking"

"Except from Yuko tho"

"She's so lucky to be able to sit next to them"

 

I suddenly had the urge to smack each one of them when I heard them gossiping to each other, Tch. Such nosy students.

"Okay class, I'll be grouping you into 7 groups that consists 5 people per group" our prof declared and I just found myself sitting in a circle with Kai, Chen, Dani and Bambam in.

"Hi hi hi hi" Bambam greeted each one of us, he was also pretty popular for his cuteness. He's Thai and I heard his family was also rich, the Kai-Chen-type of rich. I shift uncomfortably inbetween Bambam and Chen. I was also facing Kai who looked uninterested from all of this.

"So, what Charity will we be helping?" Chen, as the leader, spoke up. Bambam was cutely tapping his chin and Dani raised her hand, beating bambam.

"How about a Dog Charity? I mean, we could volunteer to help the Center for holding an Adopt-a-Dog event" she suggested and I totally agree with her since I love dogs and it breaks my heart to see homeless or battered dogs on the streets.

"I agreed" suprisingly, me and Kai both agreed on the same time. Well, dog-lovers can't help but to agree to these kind of events as long as dogs are involved.

"Okay, I agree too" bambam grins widely as he look at all of us

"Okay, it's set then. Me and Yuko can start looking up on some Dog Centres" Chen smiled at me and smiles back to him as I nod

"How about me? And Dani? And Kai?" Bambam blinked at us, for a Thai like him, he can speak Korean properly.

"The three of you can start making posters and flyers for the event" I said and the two of them seemed to agree except, Kai.

"Okay then. So see you later, Yuko?" Chen turned to me, I nod and I saw Bambam and Dani trying to hold a decent convo with Kai who wasn't even listening to them. That guy is seriously stubborn. But on the other hand, I was beyond happy to work with Chen, alone. But then,

"I want to work with you" Kai was towering both of us, me and chen blinked at him

"Okay then" Chen smiled and patted Kai's shoulder. Why does he keep on ruining my little "date" with chen? And I swear I saw him smirk before going back to his seat. Tch, jinjja.

 


{A/N}: So I've been spazzing over Got7 and decided to add my bias in, Bambaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam. Mygahd, that squishy little thing is so cute, I swear. Omgomgomg. Jackson's being attractive lately and Mark and Yugyeom and JB and Youngjae and JR. I just love Got7. Gaaaaaaaah. Btw, who's your bias in Got7? Let me know ^^~