05

Wallflower

My heart beats faster as I take a few more steps towards him but kept my distance. Inhale, exhale.

You can do it. You have to do it. I told myself as I nod and held my head high and stares at his broad back before closing her eyes.

"I like you. I really like you, Kim Jongdae."

With her eyes shut and hard grips on both of her straps, she finally confessed to him. She was enveloped in silence so she slowly flutter her eyes open to find that the person before her wasn't chen but none other than, Kai. Her jaw dropped and she had to rub her eyes to be sure but he was still standing infront of her with a smirk tugging on the corner of his lips.

"Hmm, that's cute but I think you might want to confess to the right Kim. I'm Kim Jongin." 

With a smug smirk on his face, he sticks the note to her forehead and left.

Yuko was still standing on where she was, unable to process what just happened. Her legs went jell-o as she tried to walk down the stairs, she held a hard grip on the railings as she made it down. She was still in a daze.

"K-kim Jongin? Ah jinjja." she dropped herself on the ground, squatting like a beggar then ruffles her hair out of frustration while scolding herself.

"Ani, ani. He won't tell chen, right?" she convinced herself and stands as she starts walking, arguing with herself.

"Sumin-aaaaaaah" Injoo exclaimed ans ran towards Yuko who was still in a daze, Injoo furrowed her eyebrows as she saw her state and pulls the sticky note from her forehead

"Ya, gwaenchana?" Injoo asked as she straightened her bestfriend's tangled hair, yuko slowly tilts her head to look at her then she widened her eyes in realization.

"You! WHY DID YOU GAVE THE NOTE TO KAI?!" I shouted at her face as anger boils in me and strangles her then hits her side multiple times.

"Ya ya ya!" She manages to get a hold on both of my wrists and blew her bangs away from her face and glares at me

"Why are you mad? Did he reject you? He didn't show up? Why are you resenting it on me?" She shook me as she babbled

"Jakkaman. You thought I liked..K-kai?" I look at her with disbelief and she mirrors my expression as she nod

"Don't you?" she loosen up her grip on my wrists and I drop my arms beside me as I mentally facepalmed myself and groans in despair as I hit her once again

"Paboya! I don't like Kai, I like chen! Kim Jongdae." I huffed out my frustration as I saw her crestfallen face.

"E-eh? Kai, aniya? Why didn't you tell me earlier? Aish" She dropped her shoulders and hangs her head down, I did the same.

"I'm really sorry, sumin-ah. Mollaseo." she bit her lowerlip as she look at me with her puppy eyes, I sigh as I lean on the wall.

"Gwaenchana, I was at fault too for not telling you. I thought you knew." I heave a sigh as I shut my eyes and leans my head back on the wall then Injoo used her thumb and forefinger to force both of my eyes open.

"Ya, mwoya?" I slapped her hands away as I look at her.

"So, what did kai said?"

"Nothing much but yaaaaaa, it was so embarassing" I cried and wanted to dig a deep hole and crawls down in there as I remember his smug smirk on his face. I shut my eyes again and bangs the back of my head on the wall.

"Ya!" Injoo shouted and held either side of my head and made me look at her

"You need to talk to Kai about this matter, make him promise he won't tell chen" she explained as she leans her forehead to mine and nods along.

"Neh, I've got to give it a try" I agreed with her and straightens up, fixing my hair and my bag.

"But don't forget tonight's party at Chen's house, hm?" she grinned widely, as expected from a party animal and a socialite. I groaned at the mere thought of being in a crowd of drunk people and worst of all, it'll be dark. I can only cringe at the thought but I have to go since it was Chen's party. Yes, for the sake of Chen, I must go.

"Neh, neh. See you later" I waved at her and takes off, sprinting all around the University to find him. For the last 30 minutes, I wasted my energy running around and asking people for his location, only to find him on the bleachers by the field. I crouched down, leaning on my knees, trying to catch my breath.

"Aish. That guy" clicks my tongue as I approach him who was sitting comfortably on the bleachers with his earphones plugged in and his eyes shut. She stood infront of him and cleared to get his attention but he remains undisturbed. Taps my foot impatiently and finally pulls his earbuds off from his ears then he slowly flutter his eyes open but keeps his gaze straight and not even looking at me.

"Ya, Kai-ssi" I started out nicely but he only glanced at me with his usual cold and strict look. I mentally scoffed and encourages myself to stay calm. Yes, calm.

"About what happened earlier-" he cuts me off as he abruptly stands infront of me with our bodies a breath away, I gulp as he tilt his head down to my eye level.

"You want me to forget what happened right?" he stares at me with those dead eyes, I gulp as I nod. Atleast he understands my purpose. He then straightens up and laughs at me. Yep, for the first time in 4 years, he laughed. His eyes were in its cresent form and his mouth was wide. I blinked at him until he finally got a hold of himself.

"Sorry 'bout that and no. I'm not letting go of this easily." He smirked as he walk away and jump off from the bleachers then I noticed his earphones were left behind from where he was standing, I crouched down to pick it up and my eyes widen.

Eh? It wan't plugged? Aish. That guy.