Success?

Way Back

Kim tipped the cup of her frappe and poked the straw around to get the whipped cream on top. She was sitting to the table closest to the window, so she’ll be able to see Jungmin once he arrives. Kim smiled at the thought of both of her friends being together… if her plan works. She just hopes that Sunmi wouldn’t put up her tough girl act again, she understands her though because Sunmi’s been through a lot. Kim was also happy for Jungmin not because she thinks his feelings towards her is starting to change but because she knows Jungmin deserves a good partner. Her thoughts were interrupted when she spotted Jungmin entered the café. He had a backpack slung over his shoulder and Jjang’s leash on his hand. It was a good thing that the café allowed pets inside. Jungmin smiled at Kim and made his way to Kim’s table. He took of his bag and placed it on floor then he brought Jjang on his lap.

“Jjang meet Kimmy!” He petted Jjang’s head and pointed at Kim.

Kim reached out both of her hands to Jungmin and smiled brightly asking if she can hold him. Jungmin nodded and handed Jjang to Kim.

“Jjang is too cute omg.” Kim played with Jjang happily as Jungmin watched him. He looked around and noticed that Kim doesn’t have any materials with her.

“Kim, where are your materials?” Jungmin asked and Kim looked up to him and looked worried. She scratched her head and told him that she forgot it at a house of her friend when she went to a sleepover last night.

“Oh! I’ll text my friend. She lives near here so I’ll just ask her to bring it.” Kim took out her phone and texted her friend. Jungmin just nodded at Kim and decided to take Jjang and bring him to the pet playground of the café.  When he returned to his seat, he caught Kim talking to the phone.

“You’re on your way? Arasso. Okay bye!” Kim said while holding her phone up to her ear. When she saw Jungmin return she kept her phone and smiled at Jungmin cheekily.

“Sooo did you find your crush already?” Kim teased Jungmin and he brought his palms up to cover his face.

“I told you, she’s not my crush.”  Kim didn’t listen to him though and tried to pry his hands off his face.  A waiter also came and brought their order. A slice of cheesecake for Kim and a banoffee pie for Jungkook. Kim didn’t eat her cake though. 

They were talking normally and tried to think about their presentation when the door of the café opened and Luhan walked up to them. He looked at Jungmin angrily but he kept his cool composure. Kim’s eyes turned round, surprised when she saw Luhan but the look on his face scared her.

“I’m here to take my girlfriend with me.” Luhan gave a glare at Jungmin and took Kim’s hand and pulled her out of the café before Kim could even protest leaving a confused Jungmin.

Kim was too scared to speak up as she and Luhan trudged their way out of the park. As she tried to catch up with Luhan, she caught sight of Sunmi and called out to her. Luhan stopped walking and saw Sunmi too. “Finally, you stopped. Thank God.” Kim thought as Sunmi went up to her and waved at the both of them. 

“Yah! Why are you with him? I thought we’re going somewhere.” She pointed at Luhan and he gave a confused look at her. He still looked mad but his expression softened already.

“Why is she with him?” Luhan muttered quietly as he looked away but Kim heard it.

“Ah, Luhan and I are just going to buy something. I already ordered something for you at the café so sit and wait for me there.  It’s the table at the corner closest to the window.” Sunmi was about to say something when Kim hurried off and waved goodbye and pulled Luhan along with her.

When they were far from the café, Kim hid behind one of the shops and peeked at Sunmi who entered the café already. Luhan didn’t know what was happening and Kim was acting weird. He poked Kim’s shoulder and Kim faced him.

“I’d like to remind you that you already have a boyfriend.” Luhan said strictly as he leaned on one of the racks.

“What are you talking about, Lu?” She looked at him confusingly and Luhan looked like he was trying to hide his annoyance.

“You know what I’m talking about. You shouldn’t just carelessly hang around with that guy.” He muttered at Kim but he couldn’t look at her straight in the eyes because if he did, his anger will just easily vanish.

“ Oh! So you’re jealous?” Kim teasingly poked his sides and Luhan tried to get away from her. When he was about to leave the shop, Kim suddenly grabbed Luhan back inside.

“Yah! What are you doing?”  Luhan was shocked by Kim’s strength. He rubbed his arm where Kim pinched him slightly. He walked to where Kim was and stared out at the glass divider that had a clear view of the previous coffee shop.

“Shhh, I’m setting them up.” Kim pulled Luhan down low so he’ll be hidden too. Luhan looked at Kim weirdly because he couldn’t understand what Kim was trying to do and he was still slightly annoyed when he saw Jungmin spending time with her.

“Setting who up?” Luhan asked and he peeked at where Kim was looking.

“Jungmin and Sunmi!” Kim said in a hushed tone.

Oh, so that’s why she was with him, Luhan thought he was so stupid to think of Kim being all romantic with Jungmin.

“You know you don’t have to whisper. I’m sure they don’t have super powers that can hear all the way from here.”  He teased Kim and she scratched her head and said she knows that.

“Don’t you have practice today?” Kim straightened up and asked him.

“ Nope, wanna go out?” Luhan gave Kim a smile that sent all the butterflies out of her stomach.

“We’re already out, pabo.”

“Whatever you say, snot.”  He chuckled and took Kim’s hand in his as they walked out of the shop.

“Oh and thanks for the cake!” Kim tiptoed and pecked Luhan on the cheek making him blush.

“Glad you liked it.” He said casually as he pushed his hair back with his free hand.

“I never said I did.” Kim teased and stuck her tongue out at him. Luhan imitated Kim with an annoying voice and Kim laughed at him and punched his arms lightly.

 

Sunmi sat at the table where Kim told her and found a slice of cheesecake which was her favorite. She also noticed a half eaten banoffee pie on the table.

“Tsk, that girl ate without me.” She said to herself as she took a bite of the cheesecake while looking outside. Chaeli was sitted on her lap quietly when she suddenly barked up at the direction of the pet playground. 

“Hmm, what is it Chaeli? Do you wanna play there?” She petted her puppy who kept barking lightly. Suddenly a familiar brown dog came running up to them and Chaeli jumped out of her lap and played with the dog.

“I’ve seen you before.” She bent down and petted the brown puppy who was playing with Chaeli happily.

“I’ll say the same to you.” She straightened up and accidentally bumped her head on the edge of the table when she looked at where the voice came from.

“Y-you again? What are you doing here?”  I look so stupid. Stop stuttering, Sunmi said to herself. She looked at the guy she bumped into last time. He was wearing a black shirt inside an ed dress shirt. He had simple jeans on and sneakers. He looks so handsome in this outfit, Sunmi thought as she tried to suppress the smile that was about to form on her lips.

“I should be asking that too. This is actually my table.” Jungmin said as he sat down on the chair across her and started to finish his banoffee pie. Sunmi glared at him but she looked confused.

“Hey, that’s Kim’s pie don’t eat that!” She said as she pointed at Jungmin and swatted his hand away from Kim’s pie.

“No, I ordered this. Wait… you know Kim?” Jungmin tilted his head and his eyes widened slightly.

“Duh, she’s my best friend. She texted me yesterday, asking me to go here and wear something nice. I thought we were going to go to a party or something. Do you know her?” Sunmi looked at Jungmin questioningly and took another bite of her cheesecake.

“Let’s just say she’s my girl best friend. We were supposed to do our report today” Jungmin smiled cheekily at Sunmi who seemed as if she choked on the cake she was eating.

“OH MY GOSH” Sunmi said in a shocked voice when she was finally able to swallow the cake and Jungmin looked at her worriedly.

“Why would Kim arrange a meeting as the same time with us. I think we’ve been…”

“Set up!” both of them said at the same time as the realization hit them.

“Jinx!” Sunmi said as  she laughed and pointed a finger at Jungmin. He looked at her amusingly because it was the first time for him to see her laugh.

“You look better when you’re happy.” Jungmin blurted out unconsciously and bit his lip when he realized what he said thinking he embarrassed himself. Though when he looked up at Sunmi, he noticed that she was blushing. 

“T-thanks, I guess. I’m Sunmi and you’re myeon…min something right?” She held out her hand and Jungmin shook it. Her hands were soft and smooth and he felt a slight tingling warmth on his palm even if her hand wasn’t there anymore.

“It’s Jungmin. I’m sorry you got tricked by Kim.”

“Ah, it’s okay. I’m sorry too because I’m not good at remembering names.” She smiled slightly at him which he returned with a big smile.

“Since we’re here then do you wanna…” Jungmin scratched his neck shyly and Sunmi cut him off

“Let’s take the puppies out on a walk!” She smiled and they both left the café after finishing their food.

They’ve been walking for about 30 minutes now and Jungmin was happy because Sunmi was talking a lot but she acted a bit different. She still was a bit snarky, though but he didn’t mind. He found it easier to talk to her and Sunmi would occasionally laugh whenever he gave a witty reply but sometimes he’d receive a judging look.  They continued walking but their puppies suddenly chased each other in circles. The leash got twisted and tied around Sunmi’s ankles. The puppies kept chasing each other and tightened the leash even further making Sunmi topple down but he quickly caught her.  Sunmi’s hands was on his shoulders and when she realized it, she straightened up and blushed as she tried to move her foot out of the tangled leash .

“Sorry about that.” Sunmi apologized to Jungmin but he waved her off and said it was nothing.

They spent the rest of the day together and had fun getting to know each other more.  When it was time to say goodbye, Jungmin was starting to be nervous because he wanted to meet Sunmi again.

“C-can I have your uhmm..” Jungmin said stuttering and Sunmi noticed it and slightly laughed at him. She took out her phone and handed it to him.

“Give me your phone.” She held her hand out and Jungmin fumbled in his pocket and gave her his phone. She entered her number on his phone and he did the same to hers.

“Thanks, so we’ll see each other again?” He said shyly as he reached out for his phone and he felt that tingly feeling once again when their fingers brushed.

“Sure, maybe. So uhm byee” Sunmi said shyly and gave a small wave as well. He noticed the rosy color of her cheeks before she turned around and left.  

As soon as Sunmi was out of his sight, Jungmin waved his fist up in the air and smiled widely. Jjang barked up at him and he smiled as he walked out of the park ignoring the stares he got from the people.

 

Kim and Luhan was walking out of the park when they caught sight of a guy who looked really happy.  Kim gave a knowing smile at Luhan who was chuckling at Jungmin who was dancing happily.


“It looks like your planned work.” Luhan nudged Kim’s arm.

“I’m a good matchmaker.” Kim nudged Luhan’s arm back and gave her a thumbs up while raising her eyebrows.

“Come on, let’s not ruin his moment.” He grabbed Kim’s hand when she tried to make her way to Jungmin.
 
“So, how’s your trainee life going?” Kim asked as she leaned on Luhan’s side as they walked. Luhan knew this was Kim’s signal that she wanted to link their arms together. He took his hands out of the pockets of his sweater but he wrapped his arm around Kim’s waist instead and linked their fingers together.

“Ah,that’s what I was supposed to tell you when I dropped by at your house. We’re going to debut soon, Kimmy!” Luhan  said in a tone that was exploding with cheerfulness.  Kim nodded happily and congratulated him.

“We had two new members, so we’ll just practice a couple more months maybe and then you’ll be able to see me on stage!” She could feel the happiness that was radiating from him and she clapped cheerfully.

“My moo is going to be an idol now!” Kim said in an excited tone that matched Luhan’s beautiful and happy smile.

“ Maybe my first CF will be for fresh milk!” Luhan joked and they both laughed.

Kim studied Luhan’s carefree laugh. She’s trying to memorize the way his eyes turn into crescent and crinkle at the sides and how his mouth opens so wide to let out his melodious laugh. There was a voice at the back of her mind that keeps on telling her to cherish every moment because she may not experience this anymore.

They continued walking and made their way to Kim’s home.  Luhan stopped in his tracks when a tall, gorgeous, blonde man walked up to them coming from the direction of the company building.  Luhan’s hold from Kim slightly softened and Kim felt awkward and she moved a little bit away from Luhan. The tall guy had an icy cold stare but he gave a polite nod to Kim and talked to Luhan.

“Practice is going to start in an hour. It’s best that we go back to the dorm.” He said flatly and Luhan walked Kim to his front door. She gave Kim a quick peck on the cheek and a short goodbye then he went back to Kris who was waiting halfway through her front door.  She waved goodbye to Kris as well and he gave her a small smile.  Kris and Luhan talked to each other in Chinese, which Kim couldn’t understand.
 

“You’ll be dead when the manager finds out.”

 Kris didn’t say it out loud but his voice was deep enough for it to reverberate and make it understandable.  As soon as she heard that, she closed the door with heavy shoulders and made her way to her room.

“My time is almost up.” Kim stepped into her shower and let her tears wash with the flowing water.

 


Hellooooo guys! First of all I'm really sorry that this took time to be updated. I was busy and all with school so yeah I hope you understand! I'm currently writing the draft for the of the story and OMG my feels!!!!! not gonna spoil though hehe >:) Anyway, are you liking the story so far? OH AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SUBSCRIBING!! and thanks to HunHannEXO because woah her support was unexpected! I'll try to update over the weekend okay, so dont worry! 


SILENT READERS PLEASE COMMENT :) I REALLY WANT TO KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS :( (PLUS LUHAN CAN SEE YOUUU)

Please subscribe and upvote yaaay! oh ang comment too! I really love reading and replying to comments  :) *does aegyo but fails miserably because cute genes dont exist in my dna* *throws in luhan gif instead*


oh and btw HAVE YOU SEEN LUHAN'S PREVIEWS IN BACK TO 20 OMGGG SO HAAWTIEE
 

*dies*