Confrontations

Way Back

Luhan had just finished practicing a dance choreography that was just taught to them today. He went to sit in a corner and took a small towel from his bag. He wiped the sweat glistening on his forehead and neck and gulped down a bottle of water.

“Nice work today, Luhan” one of the dancers patted his back and left the room. He thanked and smiled the dancer then gathered his stuff.

He looked at his phone and saw a text from Kim.

“Luhan, are you sick? Why are you absent today? Anyway, I hope you’re okay!” Luhan pressed the space between his eyebrows and let out a sigh. He forgot to tell Kim that he wouldn’t be going to class today. What if she waited for him in the morning or did she walk to class alone? Luhan ruffled his hair and hurried to go to school. He still had time before Kim leaves school. He wasn’t able to spend the day with Kim today so he might as well walk her home.

He was panting by the time he got to the school gates and the students were already going home. He looked for Kim amongst the crowd. He couldn’t find her so he decided to enter the school and go to her classroom hoping that she’ll be there.  To his surprise, he saw Kim walking along the hallway but she wasn’t alone. She was smiling and a guy was next to him. He didn’t know why but he hid behind the lockers. Maybe this was the guy that Kim likes. The guy was familiar though, he knew that the guy was Kim’s classmate but he saw the guy somewhere too, he just couldn’t remember. They were about to walk past him and Luhan decided to reveal himself. He walked away from the lockers and went to Kim.

“Kimmy! Hey, I’m sorry I forgot to tell you that I’ll be absent.” He said as he took Kim’s bag

Kim shrugged him off and smiled saying that it’s okay. He was discreetly paying attention to the guy Kim was with. He saw how the guy ‘s looks echanged back and forth between Kim and him.

“Oh! I almost forgot. Luhan , this is Jungmin. He’s my classmate.” Kim said as she motioned to Jungmin.

Luhan smiled at him but he looked at him straight in the eye.  Jungmin shook his hand and Luhan did the same.

“Luhan hyung, so how was practice?” Jungmin said as he tucked his hands in his pockets.

“Wait, how did you know?” Luhan gave him a questioning look

“I was there on the first day. I didn’t get in, though.”  Jungmin said as he shrugged

“Oh. There’s always next time.” Luhan said

“Yeah, next time. Anyway, I have to go now. “ He waved to them as he left. Luhan thought he looked a bit annoyed but he shrugged it off.

“So, what happened?” Kim asked him with concern.

 

“Oh. I just had to do some errands and activities today so uhm yeah” Luhan didn’t want to tell Kim yet that he’s been casted as a trainee. He was scared that Kim would feel abandoned considering that he’ll also be leaving for college.

“Okay! You look tired. You should’ve just stayed at your house and rest.”

“Not really. Let’s go home okay?” Luhan smiled as he squeezed Kim’s hand.

 

There it goes again, Kim thought as she feels the waves of electricity rushing through her. They walked together happily and they asked each other how their day went. Luhan kept on asking her questions about who she ate lunch with and stuff. It wasn’t like she was a complete loner, she joked. As soon as she said that she spent her day with Jungmin, Luhan became a little bit quiet. She asked Luhan some questions too but he only gave her vague answers. As soon as they got home, They were greeted by Kim’s mother like the usual.

“Kim, Luhan! Come in, hurry. Dinner’s almost ready” She said as she patted Kim and Luhan’s backs.

“Sorry, Mrs. Chung but I have to go home early today.” Luhan bowed apologetically

“Oh that’s okay, sweetie. Just make sure to stay next time and tell your mother I said Hi, okay!” She said as she accompanied Luhan to the door.

 

Luhan made his way to his house but someone was waiting for him halfway there.  Leaning on a lamp post at a corner was none other than Jungmin. What is up with this kid? Luhan thought.

As he went neared Jungmin waved at him and asked if he could talk to him. Luhan nodded. He wondered why would this guy suddenly talk to him. Maybe he likes Kim too, Luhan thought. Could it be possible that Kim and Jungmin’s feelings are mutual? He shrugged off the thought, not wanting to be bothered by it.

“Luhan hyung, don’t you really remember me?” Jungmin said with a smirk

“I think I saw you on the first day, am I right?” Luhan said as he tried to remember if it really was Jungmin that he saw before.

“Yeah but I wasn’t as lucky as you.” Jungmin smiled as his eyes looked afar.

“I don’t understand, though. What do you want?” Luhan said a bit impatiently. He didn’t like talking to strangers, specially with conversations that don’t get to the point.

“You’re going to leave soon and we both know that it’s not just for college. Have you thought about the people that you’re going to leave behind?” Jungmin said nonchalantly as he adjusted his beanie.

“I’m just a trainee, Jungmin. It’s not like I’m going to leave anyone immediately.” Luhan said defensively

“Don’t be so humble. You’re already casted into a group. Pretty soon, when the company completes the members, you’re going to debut and leave the people here.” Jungmin looked Luhan in the eye

“So what do you want to prove?” Luhan replied in an annoyed tone. He didn’t like where this was going.

“I like Kim. I know she’s just going to get hurt when you leave her.”

Luhan couldn’t believe what he said. He was just staring at Jungmin while the other guy was waiting for a reply.

“I’m going to be there for Kim when you’re gone.” Jungmin said and Luhan couldn’t process what was happening.

“Why now? You were her classmate for so long and you didn’t even have the guts to stand up for her. Do you think Kim is just someone I can pass on to whoever I see?”

“So you like her too? Do you think there’s a future for the both of you if ever you debut? Why couldn’t you tell Kim that you’re a trainee?”

“Mind your own business, Jungmin. I just want to spend our remaining time together normally. I don’t want her to worry.”

“You’re just going to make her suffer more if you keep leading her on.” And then Jungmin started to walk away leaving Luhan feeling guilty.

 

It was a fine Sunday morning and Luhan was ecstatic because it means he’ll be able to take a rest from practice today. Ever since he became a trainee, his practices got more and more frequent leaving him only enough time for school and rest. He didn’t complain about it because he was doing what he loves and he was chasing his dreams after all. His schedule was also acceptable even if he only has Sundays as his free time. (which will definitely be spent with Kim) He got up from bed and took a shower. He then wore a yellow and red varsity jacket over a black and red striped shirt along with simple black jeans.

 

“Kim, check the door for me, will you?” Kim’s mother said while she was busy cooking washing the dishes. Kim groaned and got up from the couch.
 

“Aish. Who could be knocking this early?” Kim said annoyed as she made her way to the door while she tied her hair into a bun.

Hey eyes crinkled into a smile as she saw Luhan leaning on the doorway looking shy and biting his lips a bit.
“Oh my gosh, you jerk. I missed you!” Kim said as she hugged Luhan in a tight grip. She knew Luhan was really busy but he wouldn’t tell her the reason but she wasn’t angry at him. She was contented with the time they had that was so obvious Luhan was trying to make up for. She even told Luhan that he shouldn’t stress out on meeting Kim and that he should be just resting.  Luhan shrugged it off and said that he was just being a good best friend. Kim gave him a smile and just did her best to not be a burden to Luhan.

“Kim, I miss you too but you’re choking me. ” Luhan joked as he pretended to make gagging sounds . Kim realized she was hugging Luhan for a while now, so she quickly let go of him and lightly pushed him.

“What? I just missed you cause you’ve gotten real busy this week.”
“I’m just kidding. Come on, let’s get inside.” He said as he put his arm on Kim’s shoulder. To others, they could be easily mistaken as a couple but both of them knew that they were only friends. What they didn’t know is that they have mutual feelings for each other. They were just too chicken to admit it.

“Good morning, Mrs. Chung!” Luhan said as he entered the kitchen to greet Kim’s mother.  She put the pieces of bacon on a plate and set it on the table before she turned around and greeted Luhan with a soft pat on the cheek. She then told Luhan to have breakfast with them which Luhan gladly accepted.

They were all seated on the table. Sungyeol, Kim’s 8 year old brother, was seated between Luhan and her. She watched as Luhan and Sungyeol were busy talking about summer and free soccer tutorials. She exchanged smiles with Luhan as she happily ate her scrambled eggs and waffles.  Her mom also had a conversation with Luhan asking about how his mother was and that he should also take his mother with him because they needed “chic mommy bonding time” too. Luhan said that he’ll inform his mother once he gets home and after that breakfast was over. He helped Mrs. Chung clean the tables then they were shooed away.

 

“Action, horror, comedy or romcom?” Kim sat on the floor as she flipped through the movie collection she shared with Luhan. He scooted to the end of the bed while lying on his stomach to see Kim. Kim looked up to him waiting for a reply. He scrunched his nose and took a look at the movies.

“You choose. I know you want to watch romcom, that’s for sure.” He said as he rested his chin on top of his folded arms. Kim just smiled at him and stood up to put in the dvd on the player. She then made her way to her bed nudging Luhan to make space for her. Luhan moved and Kim laid on her stomach too as they watched the movie. Often times, they would just make up the lines of the characters or laugh at the situation. And that’s exactly what they did halfway through the movie.

It was the end of the movie when Kim realized that Luhan was leaning his head on her temple. She could inhale the scent of shampoo and unique grassy scent that Luhan had. She could also feel Luhan’s fluffy hair tickling her cheek. She thought Luhan was asleep so she ran her fingers through his hair. Luhan suddenly faced her and smiled cutely, his eyes sparkling and his mouth curving upwards.

“Kim, can I ask you a question?” Luhan said as his expression slowly looked worried.

“d-duh, w-what is it?” Kim said a bit embarrassed because she didn’t know that he was awake.

“What are you going to feel if ever I’ll be really busy?” Luhan asked as he poked Kim’s plushies.

“I don’t know. If you have a reason, you know I’ll understand plus being in college is difficult, so don’t worry I won’t overreact and get mad.” Kim assured him but he still looked hesitant. Luhan kept fiddling with Kim’s hello kitty plushie.

“I mean like really reaaally busy. I’ll just get to the point.” Luhan said as he sighed earning a curious look from Kim.

“I’m a trainee, Kim. I’m already casted into a group.” Luhan said as he looked Kim in the eye waiting for her reaction. Kim suddenly squealed and hit his face with a pillow.

“ARE YOU SERIOUS? That’s so cool, Lu! Why would I get angry?” Kim smiled and hugged him briefly

“You don’t get it, Kim.” Luhan said as he tried build up his courage.

“What? Wait, I’m confused” She narrowed her eyes at him. Luhan was looking at anything except her.

He took a deep breath and tried to make eye contact with Kim.

“I like you. I like you a lot but being a trainee means that I won’t be able to spend time with you. If ever I get the chance to debut, it can mean that we’ll be separated by oceans and barely have time for each other. I should have told you this earlier but I wasn’t sure about my feelings for you back then and I was scared that you’ll think I’m taking advantage of our closeness. I’m just real confused right now and then sometimes I’ll get jealous whenever you and Jungmin hang out knowing that someday he might replace me and..” Luhan was interrupted by a pororo plushie being forced on his face. Kim pushed the pororo plushie so hard that Luhan fell back and was gasping for air.

“You’re so dumb and stupid and I hate you so much.  Why didn’t you just tell me? Do I honestly look mad right now?” Kim said as she started hitting Luhan’s chest with the plushie while her face is starting to go red.

“No! You look so happy right now!” Luhan said in a sarcastic tone

“I liked you ever since and that conversation at the bus stop made me freaking think that you like someone else. Plus, do you think I’m that low to find a new ‘bestfriend?’ I think you should stop hitting soccer balls using your head because gahh.. I’ll never replace you, you idiot.” Kim said as she continued to beat Luhan up using the plushie until Luhan grabbed her hands and hugged her tightly. Luhan placed her in between his legs and hugged her and never wanted to let her go. He knew their time was limited but he wished it would just stop in this moment forever. He Kim’s hair as her head was lying on the crook of his neck.

“So, I guess we’re like evolving now from best friends to couples?” Luhan muttered in Kim’s hair.

He felt his neck become damp and cupped Kim’s cheek and wiped her tears with thumb.
 

“You’re such a nerd, Luhan. I can’t imagine you debuting and being known as an idol.” Kim said jokingly as she cried because this was her dream for so long.

“I’m a nerd? Stop crying before you blow up a snot bubble again.” Kim was about to retort but Luhan kissed both of her eyes before she could speak.

“Really, stop crying. I love you, Kimmy” Luhan said as he pinched Kim’s nose.

“I love you too, Lu” Kim beamed up at him and they stayed just like that.


OKAY HI !! I AM SO SORRY FOR BEING SUCH A SLOW UPDATER BUT HOPEFULLY THIS CHAPTER FLUFF MAKES UP FOR IT :( =)) 
It's midnight here and wahh I'm trying to write the next few chapters right now. I hope you like it so far :) thank you for reading! LUHAN GIF SPAM WOHOOO