Guesses and Uncertainties

Way Back

 

After a couple of minutes of silence which felt like forever, the rain finally stopped.
Luhan was still quiet though, he had so many thoughts clouding his mind. He tried to remember each and every guy classmate that Kim has. Of course he knows because he stays at Kim’s classroom every morning for a little while before he goes to his own classroom. Kim is the quiet type so he never really thought that Kim would have “guy” friends. It was always Luhan. He thought he was the only guy that Kim got close with.(in a sister and brother type of way)

He didn’t realize that the sun was already shining again if Kim didn’t poke Luhan’s temple.

“ Yah, Luhan! I said the rain stopped already, let’s go. ” Kim kept poking him. He grabbed both of Kim’s wrist and poked her face repeatedly.

“I’m still older than you, Kimmy! Why are you so rude huh?” He laughed at how Kim was trying hard to break free from his grip.

“Hey, stop! You might poke my nose” Kim tried to say in between fits of laughter.

“It doesn’t matter, as long as you don’t try to make a snot bubble again.”

 Kim furrowed her eyebrows and scrunched her nose as she remembered her state when Luhan first saw her.

“Oh, so you want to relive the past huh?” Kim smirked and recounted all the times Luhan cried. There weren’t many because Luhan was a cheerful kid ever since but there were a few times when they were young that Luhan would let a tear or two slip.

“Do you remember the time that you failed a subject and your mom took all your soccer stuff and game consoles? Your nose was like a waterfall. You cried so hard like a teenager so I had to stay up late with you and watch replays of soccer games.”

Luhan’s eyes widened and he let go of Kim’s wrists. She could blackmail him anytime, Luhan thought.

“Okay okay , you win. Those are manly tears by the way”

“Manly your face” Kim laughs and Luhan teasingly flicks her forehead.

“Suffer the wrath of the manly man.”

“Oh no, I’m so scared” Kim sarcastically says.

 It was always like this with Luhan and Kim. They would annoy each other every day and never get tired of it. They can act as immature as they want and it wouldn’t matter because both of them knew they wouldn’t get judged by the latter. They were happy and comfortable together.

 

 

After taking a shower, Kim changed into her comfy blue sweatpants and a grey tank top. She was huddled in her bed full of plushies ranging from her favorite Rilakkuma and hello kitty stuffed toys which Luhan gave her every year. She was too busy arranging them until she heard a popping sound from her laptop

Cho_Sunmifaso: KIIIIM! I got your text! So did you tell Luhan already? (^_^)

Kim took her laptop and propped it on a pillow on her lap. Sunmi is Kim’s girl best friend and she’s the only one who knows her feelings for Luhan.

Kim_chiee:  OMG SUNMI!! No not yet. I don’t think I can  T.T

Cho_ Sunmifaso: But why? Just do it already (-.-)

Kim_chie: ughh you don’t know how hard it is to do that!

Cho_Sunmifaso: Should I remind you that you only have less than a year left before Luhan graduates?

Kim_chiee: Don’t say that! I keep forgetting that he’s a sunbae. OTL

Cho_Sunmifaso: hehehe , he doesn’t look like one, right? (^_^)

Kim_chiee: IKR haha too cute and doe-ish (>,<)

Cho_Sunmifaso: I can imagine you smiling like a crazy fangirl right now. Lol

Kim_chiee: I AM NOT ! >:(

Cho_Sunmifaso: don’t lie, Kim. Liars get haunted by the ghost in cubicle 3 from our school ~(-.-~)

Kim_chie: JK JK JK… okay I’m smiling maybe just a little bit. (O.O)

Cho_Sunmifaso: but seriously, Kim. Tell him before it’s too late, okay?

Kim_chie: yes okay when I find the right time.

Cho_Sunmifaso: Your deadline should be in a week lol. Goodnight, Kimmy! >:D<

 

Sunmi’s right, Kim thought. She knew Luhan only has a year or less left before he leaves for college. She wasn’t really worried because she’s sure Luhan would still spend time with her even if they aren’t in the same school anymore. Still, she wonders if Luhan will still be close to her considering that there are a lot of pretty girls out there. Kim’s eyebrows creased as she remembered the unknown girl that Luhan was talking about earlier. She kind of expected that he’ll say he doesn’t like anyone, but she knows Luhan’s got looks, talents, and he’s really friendly, so it’s possible that a lot of girls would fall for him. What if she told him that she likes him? Will she stand a chance against that girl he’s talking about? Will he laugh at her and ruffle her hair and take it as a joke?

“Heol, I want to bury myself.” Kim mutters as she pulls her blankets up to her head and hugs as much as plushies that she can.

 

Luhan kept pacing back and forth in his room. He still didn’t know the guy that Kim likes. It’s not that he’s making a big deal out of it. It’s just that he thinks he should protect Kim in a brotherly kind of way. He admits that he’s slightly bothered that Kim might or already found a replacement for him considering that he’s going to college in the near future. He shouldn’t have lied to Kim in the first place. He was scared that their friendship might get ruined just because of his confused feelings for her. He himself doesn’t know if the feelings he has for Kim are simply in a dongsaeng-oppa type or if it’s something deeper than that. He doesn’t want to think about it anymore so he took a quick shower to calm his thoughts. After a good 30 minutes, he changed into his flannel pajama shorts and a loose shirt. He grabbed his phone on the way to his bed and he checked the time.

“11:30. Maybe the little snot’s still awake” He sent a text to Kim and asked if she’s already sleeping.

“Stupid question, Lu. How do you think I’ll reply if I’m already sleeping?”
 

One thing that Luhan likes about Kim is that she always replies just a minute or less as soon as he texts her.

“Pfft, so moody. So what are you doing?”

“I’m about to go to sleep. It’s 11:30, Luhan. Why aren’t you asleep yet?”

“I don’t know. So who was the guy that you were describing earlier?”

“Who’s the girl that you were describing earlier?”

“Don’t answer my questions with questions”

“Don’t answer my questions with questions”

“stop copying me”

“stop copying me”

“haha real mature, kimmy. Seriously, who is he?”

“You’ll know soon. What about that girl?”

“why are you jealous?”

“heol, no. so, who is she?”

“J-E-L-L-Y aww so cute haha.

“Shut up, Luhan. “

“Anyway, you’ll know soon too! Goodnight Kimmy (^_^) go to sleep”

“How soon? Hehe okay okay goodnight, Luuuu (^_^)”

“Soon…real soon. Just wait until I sort out my feelings, Kim” Luhan thought.

 

Kim looked at every passing faces entering the school gates and didn’t see any sign of Luhan for the past 15 minutes. They would always go to school early and Luhan would always wait for her by the gate to accompany her to her classroom but it seems like he was running a bit late. 30 minutes passed by and Luhan was still nowhere to be found. Maybe he got sick from the rain last night? Kim thought.” I’ll visit him after school,” she sighed as she started to walk towards her school building.

“Yah, Chung!” A tall skinny guy with jet black hair called her. She took a better look of the guy and realized it was her classmate Park Jungmin.

“Annyeong, Jungmin. Do you need anything?” Kim smiled at him politely. Jungmin is her classmate for almost 4 years. Even if they’re not very close, she knows he’s the type of person that doesn’t talk much but Jungmin’s very friendly and approachable sometimes.

“Not really, it’s just weird seeing you around without Luhan hyung.” He said as he adjusted his bag straps.

“I think he’s late or absent today. We got rained on last night.” Kim said as she looks down on her shoes.

Jungmin poked her forehead upwards playfully and smiled brightly at her.

“Hey, don’t be sad. I don’t think he’s sick, so don’t worry. Why don’t we just walk together to class for now, okay?” He didn’t wait for Kim’s answer as they started walking to the classroom together.

“Wait, how come you think that he’s not sick?” Kim asked as she tilted her head slightly in confusion.

“Just trust me. Luhan’s in good condition.” He smirked and it made Kim narrow her eyes because she was still confused. “Is Luhan and Jungmin friends?” She thought.

“And why should I trust you? Who knows, maybe you’re some kind of killer that turns people to pork chop and sell them to a black market or something?” Kim and earned a weird look from Jungmin.

“You’re weird, Kim. Do I look like one of those gangster slash thugs slash mafia people?” Jungmin said as he looked at her in disbelief.

“Let’s just get to class before you send one of your goons out to kidnap me.” Kim said as they both laughed. 


LOL Hi jungkook is here in this story