I'm a fangirl!?

Way Back

Each day and night went by real slow for Kim. She had to resist the urge to reply back to all of Luhan’s consistent messages. She also got a text from Suho apologizing and thanking her for the “sacrifice” she did and said that he hopes she’ll be okay soon. “Well, good luck to me.”  Kim said bitterly as she leaned her head back on her headboard. There were 505 unread messages that were left unread on her phone and all of them were sent by Luhan ever since they broke up. It was hard for her to ignore him just like that not just because of their relationship but also because of their long term friendship. Whenever Kim felt like the weight of the world was on her shoulders, Luhan would already be by her side with a bag full of junk food and tissues. But this time, it was different now that their relationship’s the reason of both of their agony. Thinking about it made her head hurt and she felt as if there was an unsettling feeling of emptiness heaving in her chest. She brought her hand up to her face and pinched the bridge of her nose lightly as she tried to calm herself. What she’s doing is for the best for the both of them. They may be both hurting right now but she knew this was going to pay off soon specially for Luhan’s future.

It was finally over. When Luhan woke up, he didn’t receive any text messages reminding him of the simple stuff he should do, that he should eat his breakfast before leaving, and that he shouldn’t leave his dirty clothes on the floor and make his mom clean up all the stuff in his room. He tried calling her and greeted her every morning but all those were just directed to Kim’s voicemail. If Kim wouldn’t listen then he’ll just message her instead, and he did that for months. Months have passed and he still didn’t receive a single reply from her and all he could think about was how he misses her so bad.  When time permitted him, he would sometimes go to her house and leave her different kinds of her favorite food through her mom. Out of all the visits that he did, he didn’t get to catch even the slightest glimpse of her and he would often leave the house with slumped shoulders and a feeling of emptiness. Should he give up on her? Never in a million years, Luhan thought. It was hard for him and he almost wanted to drop out from the group, but then Kim’s sacrifices will be put to waste.  All he could do now was do his best with his future and hope that he’ll get her back if he was lucky.

 

 

After a year of training, Luhan and his co-members’ dreams became true. The countless hours dedicated to practicing, the minor injuries and the extreme exhaustion they felt before have now resulted in to high pitched screams, adoring words, and applauses from the sea of people. They all went to the stage for their final performance and lined up facing their fans. He smiled and waved at them happily hoping to return their eagerness and love to them as well but he knew deep inside that something was still lacking in his life. Every time they performed, his eyes will scan the numerous faces in the crowd hoping that her face would appear within it. He stopped bothering Kim after the third month but he never stopped thinking about her.  Sometimes, he would occasionally text her mother asking how she’s been doing and if she was okay. There were also rare opportunities where he drops by Kim’s house secretly and leave some food for Kim through her mother’s help. He sighed softly at the thought of not seeing her again as he lost focus but his attention was quickly forced back to reality when he heard the other members’ closing phrase. He bowed gratefully to the fans and smiled at them with his crescent shaped eyes. When the others in front of him started walking out the stage, Luhan gave one last glance at the crowd and stopped briefly when he caught sight of Kim’s face near the center stage’s stairs . “Was it her or was it just my imagination?” He thought as he blinked a couple of times before he was lightly pushed to move further by their leader.  Luhan looked back as he walked and searched for Kim’s face again but it suddenly disappeared. He was sure it was Kim or so he thought? For all he knows, he could just have been exhausted and his eyes decided to play tricks on him. When he reached backstage, he took out his phone and it displayed his last picture with Kim together as his wallpaper. Sitting down on the black velvet couch that was large enough to accommodate the members, Luhan then scrolled through his contacts and typed in Kim’s name. As soon as he entered her name, her face appeared on his screen with her number. He wondered if she changed her contact or not, should he call her?

Tomorrow was graduation day for Kim. She’ll finally be in college after all the efforts she put in for school.  Ever since the broke up, Kim focused her attention to her studies, so at least she wouldn’t be wasting her time by being depressed. Though, she still feels sad, Kim needed to work hard for her future too. However, there were times whenever she flipped through the channels and see a boy band with a certain person included.  Out of curiosity and of course her feelings for the said boy, she watched their music videos and ended up watching interviews and guestings. Without realizing it, she became a fangirl. A fangirl of her ex boyfriend’s band. And him being her bias. It was also his concert today and Kim wanted to go but hesitated because one: she didn’t have a ticket, two: she wouldn’t be able to buy one immediately, and of course three: She’ll just get stabbed by the almighty sword of feels and get hurt again when she sees Luhan.
Does he even remember her? Kim thought. She supposed not since Kim tried her best to avoid him and not be a distraction plus with all the new people that he met, she was sure his memory of her were somewhere deep and forgotten already. In the middle of her thinking, a faint ringing could be heard from downstairs. Realizing she left her phone in the kitchen, Kim went down and picked up her phone placed on the table. As soon as she pressed the answer button, a loud scream was heard from the other line.

“Yah are you trying to make me deaf?” Kim placed the phone away from her ear and put it on speaker mode instead.
“YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE WHAT I WILL TELL YOU!” the high pitched voice from the other line was practically squealing already.
“Whaaat? Let me guess it’s another one of your stories where you go all Jungmin is so perfect and I’m so inlove with him bla bla. You thanked me more than enough for setting you two together, Sunmi.” She replied jokingly while going to her fridge and taking one of her juice packs. Kim poked through the pack with a straw and sipped the fruit flavored drink as she listened to her friend’s rambling.
“I GOT US TICKETS FOR THE CONCERT! SO YOU BETTER GET READY IN TWENTY MINUTES”  after that the call ended.

When she heard that line, Kim almost choked on her juice.  So she was finally going to meet Luhan again? Well not technically meet because she’ll be lost in a sea of people of course . Nonetheless, Kim got ready for the sudden invitation and texted her friend as soon as she was ready.
“Well look what we have here?” Jungmin smiled as he poked his head out of the rolled down window of his sleek black car that was well polished and shined. He got it as his graduation gift from his parents in advance, since he was one of the top students in their batch.
“Woah bruh, how did you get this awesome ride?” Kim asked with a wide smile and a look of awe as she opened the door and sat at the back.
“Parentals…Anyway , so where’s this concert?” He grinned and looked at Sunmi who was in the passenger seat and at Kim.
“The concert grounds beside the mall on 12th street.” Sunmi replied excitedly as she patted her boyfriend’s shoulder eagerly.
“Hey, control your feels, Sunmi! I’m trying to be a good boyfriend here.”  Jungmin joked and set his hands on the wheel as he pressed on the accelerator and drove off.

This was finally it, Kim thought as she went up to the entrance as she waited for Sunmi to say goodbye to Jungmin. The concert started already and she could hear the music booming from the loud speakers. The late fans like her were hurriedly entering the concert grounds. Some had support shirts and others a banner or a lightstick and of course some had all of them. When Sunmi finally caught up on her,  she motioned for her to go faster and Sunmi pulled her to the front giving the tickets to the ones in charge.


Watching them perform live made her inner fangirl rejoice. Kim can't believe that she’s hearing Kyungsoo's voice in person and how it harmonizes perfectly with Baekhyun's vocals and Chen's high notes. After that, Kris and Chanyeol are rapping together and wow they looked beyond human. It's illegal to be that handsome, she thought. The stage went black, signaling the Exo members to perform another song. The beat of history starts booming from the speakers and Luhan comes out. All the members are handsome but to Kim, Luhan is beyond perfect. She watches him as he sings and dance and every move he makes results to the screams of the millions of fangirls. No, Kim's not screaming like the most of them. Kim got starstrucked by him. She was just watching him, thinking if he would notice her but that was impossible. She was lost in the sea of people. Of the many fans that Exo gained. The fans that Luhan gained.


LONG TIME NO UPDATE OH MY GOOOSHHH DONT HATE MEEEEE HAHAHA