Time for College

Way Back

“Bye, Babe! See yaa” Luhan said a little too loudly as he kissed Kim on the cheek and left quickly leaving Kim dazed in front of her classroom. Her face was completely flushed when she got to her seat. “Did he really just call me babe in front of my class?” Kim thought and felt her face go red. She smiled as she continued to lightly pat her face trying to calm down her blushing. Being together with Luhan was amazing. She never expected that they would be able to be more than friends. They still acted silly and fun like before but there was something more special right now. Luhan became more caring and protective, which she didn’t think was possible. He also became real sweet and very fluffy that for the past months of being with Luhan, Kim would feel like she’s some main character in a koreanovela. She was lost in her thoughts that she didn’t notice that Jungmin sat beside her.

“Hi, Kim!” Jungmin said and waited until Kim faced him then he poked her cheek and smiled at her cheerily.

“Hey,  Jungmin! How are you?” Kim chuckled as she brushed her cheek with the back of her palm.

“I’m doing okay, same old same old. What about you? You look really happy the past few weeks.”

“I’m doing great! Yes, I’m really happy right now haha thanks for noticing”

“Is it because of your ’babe’ ?” Jungmin teased Kim emphasizing on the word

“Shut up, Jungmin-ah” Kim playfully nudges his shoulder.

“But I heard that he’s one of the possible trainees that might debut, so are you okay with that?” Jungmin said.

“Yeah, well about that...hmm. We talked about it and we both know that it’s going to be difficult for the both of us but we’ll manage.” Kim said optimistically.

“Good luck with that, as long as you’re happy, Kim.” Jungmin smiled and ruffled her hair before he went back to his own seat.

 

Class ended and like the usual setting, Luhan was already waiting for Kim outside her classroom. Kim went out of the classroom and was greeted by a pair of hands on her waist and a quick chaste kiss on her forehead. Luhan looked at her with a smile on his face and those doe eyes that turned into crescent moons.

“Let’s go! I don’t want you to get late for practice and stay up all night.” Kim said as she grabbed Luhan’s hand and walked fast. By the time they were halfway there, they started sprinting and racing each other on who can go to Kim’s house first. Of course, Luhan made Kim win. She was leaning on the doorway of her house and watched as Luhan waved goodbye and walked to the direction of the SM building. It was a good thing that Kim’s house was on the way or else they won’t be able to keep this routine.

 

Kim’s eyes were glossy. Her tears were starting to build up because of happiness and sadness. She watched as Luhan made his way to her. He was walking proudly and stopped every now and then to congratulate the others around him. When he was close enough to reach, she wrapped her arms around her neck and Luhan spun her around.

“Congratulations, Lulu! I’m so happy for you.” Kim said as she handed Luhan the small bouquet she bought. Luhan smiled at her and ruffled her hair.

“You should graduate quickly too, so we can be together in college okay?”  Luhan smiled at her and all Kim thought about was how to graduate high school as fast as possible. She found out a month ago that Luhan’s group was still recruiting members so they would still take time before they debut. She was more than happy to know that because it means that she would have more time with Luhan even if he’s busy with practice. On the other hand, she feels that somehow she’s a bit selfish whenever she sees him extremely tired and waiting for his group to debut.

“Don’t worry, Lu. I’ll study as quick as I can and I’ll disturb your peace in college.” They both laugh as they made their way out of the school with Luhan’s parents ahead of them. When they reached the front of the main building, Luhan’s mother gasped and stopped as if she forgot something. She turned around and was asked by Luhan if he needed to go back to the auditorium to get what she forgot.

“No, I wanted to take a picture of you in front of the building.” She pushed Luhan in front of the school and told him to hurry up, occasionally telling him to move a little to the left. Kim was standing there looking at a slightly annoyed Luhan who was tired of taking pictures. She laughed at how Luhan would scrunch his nose in annoyance before getting grabbed by Luhan’s mother and pushed beside him.

“Okay, couple picture! Say Kimchi!”
KIm laughed slightly and tried to fix your hair and look presentable, but Luhan took her hand away and he placed his arms around her waist. He leaned in close to her ear and whispered that she already looks beautiful, so why bother fixing her hair. Kim was caught off guard so she just blushed and was startled when Luhan leaned his head against hers and raised his two fingers.

“You two look so cute! Call me eomma from now on, Kimmy!” Luhan’s mother squealed as she walked to the car where her husband was waiting for them.

“Should I call Mrs.Chung as eomma too?” Luhan joked as he held the car door open as you settled yourself in.

“She practically favors you more than me. I feel so unloved” Kim crossed her hands over her chest, teasing Luhan.

“Yah! Jagiya, you should know that my love is more than enough.” Luhan said as he brought the back of Kim’s hand to his lips and intertwined it with his. Kim got flustered and tried to avoid Luhan’s look for the rest of the ride because she was blushing madly.

 

It’s been a year since Luhan got in college. It’s also been a year since he’s waiting for their debut. He feels that it’s going to happen soon because the company has been calling him and the other members to practice more than the usual. He tried his best to balance his studies and practices leaving him almost no time for himself. His routine is the same every day. He wakes up early so that he can take all his classes in the morning till the afternoon then heads to the company to practice stopping by Kim’s house once in a while. He had to drop his routine of accompanying Kim to her home every afternoon, so he tries his best to make up for it by texting and calling her when he’s on his way to the company. They’ll talk for ten minutes in front of Kim’s house before he leaves.

Luhan knows that he’s a ish boyfriend because he doesn’t have time for Kim. He even told her once that she should just break up with him if ever she got tired and that he wasn’t worthy and some dramatic stuff like that. He expected Kim to agree but all Kim did was hug him and she even slept over at his house. They cuddled all night and just enjoyed each other’s company knowing they’ll rarely have that moment when Luhan debuts. Kim was the first one to fall asleep and Luhan watched her sleeping peacefully. He traced the outline of Kim’s forehead then her nose and down to her lips. He felt sorry for Kim. They both loved each other but he thinks he’s being unfair with her. He gave a soft kiss on Kim’s forehead and he wrapped his arms around her waist before he fell asleep.

Kim woke up to the hum of the air conditioner and the sunlight on her face. She let out a small yawn and stretched a bit before she noticed that Luhan’s face was nuzzled in the crook of her neck. She looked at him and smiled, admiring how cute Luhan looks. His mouth was slightly open and he was snoring lightly. She pushed his lower lip up to close it and slowly took a pillow to replace her. She quickly washed her face in the bathroom and pulled her hair up to a messy bun. She went downstairs and found nobody there. She remembered Luhan’s mother wasn’t home and his dad was on a business trip, so she thought she should make breakfast. She took out some ingredients from the kitchen cabinets and made her way to the counter. Kim decided to make pancakes, good thing there was already a pancake mix. She made the batter happily and made her way to the stove to cook the pancakes. After she finished a stack, she also thought of making a lunchbox for Luhan. She wasn’t really good at cooking so she decided to make a simple omurice meal with meat and vegetable strips. She cooked as quickly as she can before Luhan woke up because she wanted to surprise him. She looked for a lunchbox in the cupboard and arranged the meal neatly and placed it in a corner of the counter. She then arranged the table for their breakfast and climbed up to Luhan’s room.

“Jagiyaaa” Kim cooed softly as she brushed Luhan’s hair away from his sleeping face. Luhan grunted and turned to his side.

“Yah, Jagiya. Wake up because you still have practice.” Kim poked him and Luhan frowned while he was still asleep. She was about to poke him again when Luhan suddenly caught her in his arms baking her stumble on the bed.

“5 more minutes.” Luhan said with his sleepy voice as he buried his face in Kim’s back.

“You only have an hour and 30 minutes left before your practice starts, Lu. Besides, your breakfast will get cold.” Kim tried to break away from his embrace and placed both of her arms on Luhan’s side forcing him to be in a sitting position. Kim huffed at how heavy he was but she couldn’t get annoyed because Luhan looks like a child as he rubbed his eyes and sat down.

“Okayy, pull me up.” Luhan said as he still has his head bowed down. Kim stood up and pulled Luhan by his arms with all her might.

“Luuuu, 1…” Kim said in a stern voice.

“2…” Luhan continued as Kim pulled harder.

“3..” They both said as Luhan smirked and immediately stood up, towering Kim making them only inches apart.  Kim looked up to him and blushed. Luhan brushed away her bangs and gave her a quick peck on the lips.

“Goodmorning, Jagi. Let’s go eat breakfast then.” He smiled as he led Kim to the downstairs.

They are their breakfast peacefully and like the childish couple they were, they teased each other pretending to act like babies and had a competition on who can stuff the most pancakes in their mouth and the loser will be the one to do the dishes. Of course, Luhan being the big mouth that he was. Stuffed 3 pancakes in his mouth while Kim only stuffed half the amount before she choked and thought she’ll go to hell for gluttony. In the end, Luhan “helped” Kim with the dishes and made too much bubbles. Kim shooed him away and told him to hurry up. After cleaning up the kitchen, she made her way to Luhan’s room and took her bag as she waited for Luhan outside the room. She didn’t want to encounter a shirtless Luhan. Well, maybe she did but she wasn’t ready for that. She waited for 10 more minutes before Luhan came down and they left the house. He dropped Kim off to her house and then left for practice.

 

That was the last time they had been together for more than ten minutes. Luhan made a promise to himself that he’ll try to make up more time for Kim.


Hello!!!! hehe okay short update yay :) I'll try to finish Way Back before school starts!