YAM AND MOO

Way Back

WARNING FLUFF 


Kim was waiting for Luhan’s goodnight text as she shifted and turned around the bed. It was sad enough that she didn’t get to be with him more than she wanted to. Maybe Luhan forgot her already? Kim heaved a deep sigh at the thought. She knew this kind of problem was coming but she was too busy loving him to not notice it. Kim stared at her phone one last time and decided to text him even if he won’t be able to reply.

“Luhan-ah, are you doing okay? You haven’t texted me goodnight :( I miss you. Anyway, you must be sleeping already. Goodnight, Jagiya!”

She pressed send then pulled her blanket up to her shoulders. At least, I should make him feel that I still worry about him. Kim thought as she closed her eyes and drifted to sleep. It hasn’t been ten minutes though, when her slumber was interrupted by her phone’s ringtone. She squinted her eyes at the sudden brightness as she saw Luhan’s picture flashing on her phone.
“OMG! Luhan’s calling me.” She quickly shifted into a sitting position and then brought the phone to her ear.

“Jagiiya” Kim relaxed and leaned on her headboard as she finally heard Luhan’s voice for the first time today.

“You’re not sleeping yet?” She asked wondering why Luhan’s voice wasn’t deep and groggy from sleeping.

“I couldn’t because… I miss you so much.” She could imagine Luhan pouting as he said that.

“Oh that’s nice to know.” Kim tried to speak indifferently, teasing Luhan a bit.

“Why are you like that? You’re supposed to say you miss me too!” She bit her lip, suppressing a laugh because Luhan can be so childish sometimes.

“And if I don’t?”

“Then a ghost under your bed will get you. You know that girl from the grudge?” Luhan said smirking as he knew Kim’s weakness.

“OH MY GOSH! WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT? HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO SLEEP NOW?” Kim raised her voice as she huddled in the middly of the bed away from the edges. She could hear Luhan laughing in the background.

“I’m just kidding, Kimmy. Now, are you going to say you miss me or not?” Kim rolled her eyes as if he could see her.

“ What abouuut…no?” That’s what you get for teasing me, Kim thought.

“Fine then. Just make sure your windows are locked or else the ghosts will come in through there.” With that he ended the conversation. Kim’s palms became very sweaty and her heartbeat started to go faster. She made her way to the glass door leading to her small balcony to lock it. She widened her eyes as a shadow was looming at the side. She quickly took a book placed on a shelf near her. She wasn’t planning on opening the door and attack what was outside. She planned to quickly lock the door so whatever what was outside couldn’t enter. She took small steps at first then hurriedly ran to the knob and pressed it when a figure appeared on the other side of the door.
 

“WAH!” The intruder screamed and held his hand up, the other one holding a flashlight to his face. Kim screamed and fell on her when she realized it was none other than Luhan who was outside. He was clutching his stomach from laughing outside and Kim stared at him in disbelief. He then leaned his forehead on the glass door and tapped on it asking Kim to open it. She stuck out her tongue at him but opened the door nonetheless. As soon as the door was wide enough for Luhan to come in, Kim almost stumbled backwards as Luhan laced his arms around her and buried his head on her neck. He could feel Luhan muttering how he misses her. She hugged him back and stayed like that for a few minutes before pulling Luhan away from him. She studied Luhan’s appearance, taking in every detail of him. Luhan smiled at her sweetly and Kim could feel her heart racing once again.

“You look tired, Luhan-ahh” Kim cooed as she looked at Luhan with worried eyes.

“I’m okay, Kimmy. Don’t worry about me. Oh, I almost forgot!” Luhan went to the balcony and came back with a box of pizza.

“I brought food.” Luhan said as he pumped his fist in the air. Kim smiled at him as she fixed her bed and motioned Luhan to sit with her.

He placed the pizza box between them then plopped down on his stomach beside her. Kim opened the box and was greeted by the smell of melted cheese and different kinds of meat. She took a slice and had a bite only to notice that Luhan was just staring at her. She raised her eyebrows and held the slice up to Luhan’s mouth.

“Say ahh!” She said and Luhan opened his mouth and took a bite on her pizza slice. He chewed and shifted to sit beside her and took a slice himself.

“So, how’s it going?” Luhan asked Kim

“I should be asking that to you.” Kim retorted back but without a hint of anger

“I’m sorry but really, how are you doing at school? Who do you eat lunch with or whatever since I’m not around?” He said as he nuzzled Kim’s hair. Kim jokingly pushed Luhan away saying that he’ll make her hair smell like pizza.

“I have friends too, you know!” Kim exclaimed and scrunched her nose at Luhan

“Oh really, like who?” Luhan teased Kim as he poked her cheeks

“Jungmin! You met him once!” Kim said while unsuccessfully swatting Luhan’s hands away. Failing to notice the change in Luhan’s expression.

“That guy? Yah! I’ve been gone for some time and you replaced me already.” Luhan pushed Kim away but pulled and hugged her back immediately making Kim giggle.

“Of course not! You’re my one and only!” Kim said as she snuggled Luhan.

“That’s like MOO! Well then YAM” Luhan laughed as he thought of the acronym.

“YAM what?” Kim tilted her head

“ short for…You are mine!” Luhan said with a big grin plastered on his face

“You’re so cheesy, lu!” Kim laughed at Luhan’s cheesiness but deep inside she was all giddy.

“Whatever, you still love me.” Luhan scoffed at Kim and flipped his hair

“Yup and that’s so sad.” Kim teased Luhan as she sighed and crossed her arms.

“Is that so? I guess I’ll be going then.” Luhan said nonchalantly as he stood up and walked to the balcony. He grinned as he felt Kim standing up and going after him. Kim’s fingers wrapped around Luhan’s arms and shook him a little too violently telling him to go back. Demanding Kim is too cute, Luhan thought.

“But I really have to leave now. It’s getting late, Kimmy.” He said as he pressed his lips to Kim’s forehead. He made Kim lie down on her bed and tucked her in telling her to go to sleep. Luhan walked towards the balcony and took one last look at Kim and left. Minutes later, though he came back and stuck his upper half inside Kim’s room.

“I almost forgot! I love you, YAM!” Luhan said and smiled cheekily at Kim.

“I love you too, moo!” Kim formed her hands into a heart shape and beamed at Luhan who giggled at her and left.

 

 

She didn’t know if Luhan had telepathic powers and sensed that Kim was missing him badly but she was thankful that he surprisingly visited Kim last night. What surprised her more was when Luhan appeared on her doorway the afternoon after, asking for a date. (if she wasn’t so busy , Luhan joked due to Kim still dressed up in her pajamas)

Without hesitations, Kim said yes and ran to her room to prep herself up. She took a quick shower(5 minutes. Wow do I still smell? Kim thought) and rummaged her closet for a decent outfit. She didn’t want to take too long so she quickly grabbed a simple collared dress and slipped it on. She tied her hair into a messy bun and went down.  As she went down the stairs, Luhan who was too busy playing with her brother, gaped as he saw her.

“Wow Kimmy!” he said mouth still open. Kim laughed and pushed Luhan’s  chin to close .

“You might catch flies, moo! Let’s go?” She asked as she linked her arms to Luhan’s.

“Moo?” Sungyeol asked as he looked up at them with squinty eyes

“Yes, moooo!” Luhan ruffled his hair and imitated a cow’s mooing.

“You’re being weird like Kim noona, Luhan hyung” Sungyeol stuck out his tongue at them and continued to play with his toys as the couple left.

 

They sat outside the ice cream shop, choosing to sit on the chairs with the tables that had big umbrellas. Kim digged in happily as she eyed her mint choco chip ice cream with extra whipped cream but Luhan who had a sweet tooth practically finished half of his vanilla chocolate and strawberry ice cream with fudge brownies. They would often try to steal each from each other’s ice cream and shout at each other like a married couple when the ice cream would fall off the spoon, saying what a waste that was. Luhan accidentally flicked some ice cream on Kim’s face when she slapped his hand away causing Kim to scrunch her face at him and tried to wipe her face with tissue.

“Is it okay?” Kim asked Luhan as she now wiped her face with baby wipes to remove stickyness. Luhan said that she still had some on her nose as looked at his own nose making him cross his eyes and Kim laughed.  She wasn’t laughing anymore though, when Luhan leaned in to her face and pecked her nose.

“There, now it’s clean!” Luhan said as she turned a deep shade of red.

He brought up a spoon of his strawberry ice cream and put it next to Kim’s face.  Kim gave her a weird look and asked him what was he doing all the while she was still flustered.

“You’re blushing too much. You’re the same color as my ice cream now.” Luhan joked.

Afterwards, they walked around looking for a nice place to eat at. Luhan did all the talking and Kim was happy to listen to her boyfriend’s stories. His face would give out different emotions and even his voice would change to when he recalls a certain part he doesn’t like or something really funny like when he got really tired and his instructor let him sprawl on the floor for a good 20 minutes or when he snuck out some chocolates and ate them in a bathroom stall because they were on a diet. Kim would respond happily and Luhan would ask her how she’s been doing and if she misses him and stuff like that. He’ll smile so wide whenever he made Kim admit that she misses something about Luhan like how they walk together to school or that she misses him waiting for her at the end of the day and walking her to her home. Luhan really smiled like his face was going to fall off when Kim just nodded shyly when he teasingly asked that she just misses everything about Luhan. They stopped walking though when Kim had to take out her phone and reply to someone. He asked who it was and Kim replied with a simple “Jungmin.” He asked what he said and Kim just brushed him off saying not to worry because today was Moo and Yam day (with matching cute wiggly dances that made her look like an excited puppy) He smiled and they continued to walk until they spotted a nice restaurant. As usual, they chose to sit outside enjoying the mellow breeze and the soft warmth of the sunlight. He stared at Kim with adoration because she looked like she was glowing. She bit her bottom lip as she scanned through the menu and her hair turned a golden brown shade and her long eyelashes casted shadows on her cheekbones as the sunlight hit her perfectly. Kim looked up at him and gave him a goofy face knowing that Luhan was staring at her. Luhan pretended to look disgusted at Kim and then both of them laughed only to be interrupted by the waiter asking for their orders.  When their food came, Kim took a photo of Luhan with her phone because she needed to capture the cutest face that Luhan made when his mouth turned into an “O” as he looked at the food that was nicely arranged. They ate their meals happily and fed each other every so often.  When they were finished, Luhan looked at his watch and pouted a little. Kim saw him and asked what was wrong.

“We only have about an hour left before I go to practice.” Luhan said his voice lacing with gloom.

“Don’t be sad! Come on let’s go to that place!”Luhan looked at what Kim was pointing to and saw a couple store.

They tried out different shirts and accessories that complemented each other.  In the end, they bought a pair of customizable mug that shows a picture of a cow and a basket of yams. Kim spotted a photobooth outside the store and grabbed Luhan inside. They posed normally at first and as the booth kept clicking there photos became sillier and sillier. The last click took Kim by surprise because Luhan kissed Kim’s cheek just right before there photo was taken. She playfully flicked Luhan’s forehead and then they took the photo and left the booth.

And that was how Moo and Yam’s Day was spent.

  

 


I HAVE SCHOOL TOMORROW :( THIS IS SO SAD BUT YEAH WRITING THIS CHAPTER CHEERED ME UP! ISN'T CHEESY LUHAN THE BEEEEST? 
I FEEL SORRY FOR JUNGMIN THOUGH :( PLUS DONT THINK OF KIM BADLY IF YOU THINK THAT SHE'S ONLY USING JUNGMIN! SHE JUST REALLY WANTS TO STAY WITH HIM AS FRIENDS...wait why am I writing on all caps haha anyway watch out for the next chapteeer ;) it's going to be a bit more interesting. OMG BTW HI AND THANKS TO MY FIRST 8 subscribeers! enjoy reading :)