The Time

Way Back

“We need to do something about this.” Kris said while rubbing his temples in frustration. Across him was a frustrated yet calm co-leader, drumming his fingers on the table.

“ I don't want to interfere with them but they leave me no choice.” Suho said calmly while looking at Kris.

“How do you plan to interfere then?” He tilted his head at Suho, scrunching his eyebrows making it meet at the middle.

“Since talking to Luhan didn’t work, I suggest that I’ll talk to the girl instead.”

“Do you think that will work?” Kris scoffed at the idea.

“Yeah, I got it all planned out from the beginning, just in case any of the members face this issue.” Kris only nodded motioning Suho to continue.

Suho rubbed his neck shyly and looked down as he said his plan. “I kinda followed Luhan when he got off early during practice. He was so giddy to leave early. Turned out my suspicions were right.”

“Hyung’s  a stalker!” A deep voice came from the kitchen doorway followed by a sound of an arm being smacked.

“Chanyeol, you idiot. What part of sneaking do you not understand?” Baekhyun looked annoyed at Chanyeol for getting them caught. There was no point in hiding so they decided to sit with the leaders and forcibly involve themselves in the conversation…as usual.

“Luhan hyung’s still with Kim?” Baekhyun said as the both of them plopped down next to Suho after deciding not to sit with Kris who was giving them a cold stare.

“Wait, you guys know about this?” Kris leaned forward and tilted his head at them.

“Nope, not really. He just likes to talk to Kim on the phone a lot. Sometimes, we’ll sneak and listen because they’re so cheesy.” Chanyeol and Baekhyun grinned as if they were telling him a secret.

“Eavesdropping is becoming a habit of you two.” Kris groaned and Suho covered his face with his palm. The two just grinned at them cheekily.

“Back to the topic.” Kris tapped the table lightly and cleared his throat.

“Just go get the members ready for today’s practice.” Suho gave a final nod and made his way out of the dorm.

“Can we wake up the others?” Both Chanyeol and Baekhyun piped at Kris, looking at him with puppy dog eyes.

“Fine, get them up in 15 minutes.” Kris stood up and left the two alone.

The two jumped happily and fist bumped each other, deciding on who will use the air horn or the pots and pans.

 

Kim’s family decided to have their weekly family bonding time.  Kim was seated on their mint green couch while her parents sat on velvet armchairs placed at the opposite sides of the couch. She was hugging a pillow and her feet were placed on the coffee table in front of them. Jae’s body was like a koala draped on Kim’s legs, he had a pillow under his chin which was in between Kim’s feet.

It’s been 2 weeks since she found out about Luhan’s issue. She’s been waiting for him to tell her the problem but it always seemed like Luhan was trying to pretend that nothing was wrong. Often times, she tried to fool herself and go along with Luhan pretending that she never heard anything.  Was it so wrong to hold on to him a bit longer?  Would it be selfish of her to keep him for now? Kim would often question herself with every minute she spends with him. She felt like what she was doing was forbidden and wrong but every time Luhan would direct that sweet and warm smile at her, she felt like what they have right now is worth fighting for.

Before it came to the point that she’ll try to stick with him until the end, she was confronted by their leader. It all started after she heard the doorbell rang.

“Good morning, Ms. Chung” A man with a milky white complexion and an angelic aura came up on her doorway. Kim gave him a slight bow and asked him who he was looking for.

“We haven’t met before but my name is Suho.” He extended his hand a warm smile crept up on his face.

“Do you need anything, suho-ssi?” She shook his hand and asked him with equal politeness. He nodded his head and pursed his lips.

“I was hoping we can talk about Luhan.” Kim tensed at the mention of his name. She composed herself and tried to reply to him.

“Oh. Okay then, come inside.” She welcomed Suho inside her home and introduced him to her family. Suho greeted them politely before they went to the kitchen.

“Do you want a drink or anything to eat?” Kim scanned her fridge and tried not to look so nervous.

“No thanks, I wouldn’t stay that long anyway.” Suho gave a small smile at her. She sat across Suho and clasped her hands together.

“So you’re Luhan’s girlfriend, right?” Suho said awkwardly and Kim only nodded

“I just wanted to inform you about each member’s contract –“

“Yes, I know about that. Luhan didn’t tell me though.” Kim cut him off and bit her lip.

“Anyway, it would cause complications not only for out group, but to you as well if we debuted while he still has a girlfriend.” Kim nodded and fidgeted in her seat.

“I’ve been thinking about that as well. Believe it or not Suho-ssi, I’ve been thinking about breaking it off with Luhan. It’s just that I love him too much but I don’t want to be an obstacle to him as well.” Kim blinked back the tears b from her eyes. Suho awkwardly took out a handkerchief and gave it to her.

“Luhan loves you too, Kim. We talked to him about it but he thinks that he can protect you. I’m not doubting him, but I’ve been in this company for too long to tell you that this won’t work out. At least until the ban gets lifted or expires. We don’t have much time left until our debut and it would be much worse if one of the staff finds out.” Suho said almost pleadingly and Kim pursed her lips and tried to look at him.

“I’ll fix this then. Don’t worry.” Kim said flatly as she wiped away the tears that escaped.

“I’m sorry about this. I hope you understand.” Suho  stood up the same time as Kim and tried to pat her shoulder.  She muttered a small thank you and led him out of the house.
 

As soon as he left, she made her way to her mother and hugged her as she cried. The end begins now.

 

The following day, she contacted Suho and asked if he was with Luhan. She asked him if it was okay to meet her up in front of the building and let her talk to him.

He agreed and after a few hours, she was already walking the halls of SM building. Suho led her to an empty room that looked like it was used for meetings. She sat on the velvet chairs and waited as Suho came back to the practice room.

Kim was shaking by the time she heard the doorknob turn and Luhan entered. He had a surprised look on his face and gave her a peck on the cheek before he sat down beside her.

“Hey, how’d you get in here?” Luhan said smiling at her.

“Luhan, we need to break up.” She pursed her lips and looked down on her hands.

“What? No…Did I hear you correctly?” Kim shook her head and looked up at him with a sorrow look on her face.

“I don’t want this but I’m sorry. I need to do what’s best for you.”  Kim bit her lip to prevent it from quivering. Luhan moved closer to her and didn’t accept anything that she was saying.

“Wait, why are you saying this all of a sudden?  Don’t do this to me, Kim. Please…” Luhan held Kim’s hand and looked at her in the eye.

“Maybe in another life, Lu. Maybe we were meant for each other. You’re going to be a rising idol now and I’m just nothing.  I also heard about the girlfriend ban in your contract. I was waiting for you to break up with me, actually. It’s been 2 weeks and you still haven’t told me.  Listen to me, Lu. I want it to last. I want us to still be together but that would be selfish of me, of the both us. You won’t be able to hide your relationship for too long. I don’t want you to get caught, so for now…” Kim took Luhan’s face in both of her hands gently. She stared at Luhan’s glossy and sorrowful eyes with her tear filled ones.

Say it, kim thought. Say goodbye and get this over with.

It was getting harder for her to stop her tears and to choke down her sobs. Luhan looked at her, pleading not to leave him. He held Kim’s hand and rubbed her fingers with his thumb. He begged her to stop and kept repeating that they can get through this. He said that he’ll protect her but Kim drowned out his words with apologies. Luhan pulled Kim closer and hugged her. It was taking all the courage and strength she had in her to not cling to Luhan or else it would just be difficult for the both of them.

 “I’m just doing what’s best for us, Lu.” Kim said in between sobs.

She let go of him and wiped her tears away. She had to end it now. Kim was surprised when she felt Luhan’s hand on the side of her face and the feel of cloth against her eyes.  After wiping Kim’s tears away, Luhan leaned in to her and kissed the tip of her nose.
A sad smile formed on his lips then she felt warm soft lips on hers. He could feel Kim’s moist cheeks and the hot tears that fell from her eyes. She kissed him back and pulled away, both of them staring at each other, studying every detail on their faces. Kim stood up and left.

Before she exit the door, Luhan followed her and placed a hand on her shoulder.

“We’ll find our way back. I’ll always love you, YAM.”

“I love you too, MOO.”

And with one last sad smile, Kim left. 

 


EHHHH YOU GUYS YOU KNOW I LOVE YOU AND IM SORRY I DIDNT UPDATE TOO MUCH SO /THROWS YOU WITH HEARTS 
HEREEE IS A LONGISH UPDATE AND IM SORRY IT'S NOT FLUFF DFJDKJGD LOL 
there's a storm here so I'll fix this later and the pictures bla. okay okaaay bye byee