~part twenty~

The Wallflower

“Hey, guys!” Jinyoung greeted, as he took a seat next to Jessica. I could see her tense up a bit when he did. The only available seat left was next to me, so that was where Jaehee sat, not that I was complaining or anything.

“Did you guys get the tickets already?” Jaehee asked.

“Oh. Nope. Not yet. It kind of slipped our minds.” Jess said.

“No worries. I can go out and buy ‘em.” Jinyoung stood up.

“I’ll come with you.” Jaehee attempted to stand, but Jinyoung stopped her by the shoulder.

“No need. You said you wanted a drink before we came in. You should go order it.”

“You sure?”

He nodded with a smile.

“Uhhh…. I’ll come with you! My drink is finished, and it’s getting pretty chilly in here.” Jessica said and stood up.

On their way out, Jess winked at me knowingly.

Jaehee stood up and said, “I’m just gonna grab my drink, okay?”

“Mmmm.” I said, taking my phone out to keep myself entertained.

I started going through my Instagram feed, and I saw that Jinyoung posted a picture about half an hour ago. It was of him and Jaehee smiling at the camera. The caption said “Got a double date today with her ^_____^”

I couldn’t help but feel a bit envious. They weren’t even together yet! How was I supposed to sweep Jaehee off of her feet if he was two steps ahead?

She got back with her drink and sat in the seat that Jessica occupied earlier.

“Hey, Mark.” She lightly kicked my shin with her foot under the table.

“Hmmm?” I looked up from my phone.

“Put the phone down. I wanna tell you something.”

I did as she said and raised a brow, signalling that she should continue.

“I just wanted to say thank you. You’re helping me out with everything. To be honest, I don’t think it will work out with Jinyoung. A while ago, he called me something. What was it? Yuna? No, wait. I think it was Yuri. I think he isn’t over this “Yuri “ girl yet, so I’m planning on telling him later that before he dates me, he should make sure that he’s 100% over that girl. I don’t wanna date someone who is using me.” She said honestly.

“Yuri’s his old tutor. She looks just like you.” I blurted. Quickly realizing my faux pas, I covered my mouth. I looked at Jaehee and she was just playing with the straw of her drink.

“His tutor, huh? That’s why he suddenly asked me out.” She wondered aloud.

I heard the familiar voice of Jessica laughing, and Jinyoung’s followed after. Oh God. I hope Jaehee saves the questions for later.

“Hey, Jinyoung.” Jaehee said. Damn it.

“Yes?” he replied.

“Who’s Yuri?” she looked up at him expectantly.

He froze in his spot. “How did you?”

“That’s not really important right now. What I want to know is whether you were using me or not. If you didn’t notice, you called me “Yuri” a while ago. It’s just that Mark told me who she is because I asked. So is it true, or not?”

“Alright,” Jinyoung sighed in defeat, “I asked you out so I could see if I could get over her.”

“Well, Jinyoung. I wanna tell you this now. I’m not mad. But, I don’t think this will work out. I don’t think any relationship will work out for you if you aren’t a hundred percent over this girl. Once you are, and if you still think you like me and vice versa, maybe we can go out then, but definitely not now. Let’s just continue this date as friends, okay? Mark, Jessica, I’m sorry, but would it be okay to do that?”

We looked at each other and nodded.

“Neh. Let’s go then! We’ll be late.” Jaehee smiled as if nothing was wrong.

We bought the popcorn and snacks and headed inside the theatre. The seating arrangement was all mixed up now. I don’t think Jess and I had to ‘fight’ anymore from the looks of it. Jinyoung purposefully sat in the innermost seat, and Jess sat next to him. I sat next to her, and Jaehee took the aisle seat.

The movie itself was great, but there was barely any communication between me and the others. Only Jessica and Jinyoung initiated conversation with each other. She was so lucky that she had such great social skills. I decided to just focus on the movie.

We all headed out of the cinema, and it seemed like we were gonna head our separate ways now. Jaehee wanted to go home since she was tired and she received a text halfway through the film to come home. Jessica and Jinyoung were hungry again, so they decided to grab a bite together. Not wanting to rain on jJessica’s internal parade, I opted to just head home with Jaehee.

We sat together in the train, and she really did seem tired. She ended up falling asleep on my shoulder. The old lady next to me got up to leave, but before leaving, she turned and said, “You’re such a gentleman! Aigoo. Letting your girlfriend rest while you watch over her. My husband used to be like that, too! Take care of her, okay?”

I wanted to tell her we weren’t together, but she was already off the train.

We were nearing our stop and I was pondering on whether I should wake her up and get hit since she hates it, or just carry her all the way home. Luckily, she woke up when I was about to hoist her onto my back.

“Hmmm? I fell asleep?” she rubbed her eyes cutely.

“Yeah. It’s almost our—no wait, here we are. Let’s go.” I said, and she stood.

The walk home started off really awkward, none of us really wanting to initiate conversation. I finally built up enough courage and started off simple, “how was the movie?”

“Really awesome, actually! I personally think that it’s the best X-men film made.”

“Me too.”

We ended up talking about all of the characters and the elements of the movie. How the sounds were so great, the music was spot on, and they picked all the right actors.

We got to her house, and she spun around, “Bye, Mark. Despite everything that happened today, I think that it was fun overall because of you.”

She was walking to her door, when I just let it slip out, “I like you, Lee Jaehee.”

There was no going back now.

A/N: Gosh. Is it just me, or is my writing getting worse? I don't think I can update tonight either, because I have been getting pretty busy. I'm so sorry for being such a bad author, I can't help it.

NOW, if you would help me out by answering this poll, I will be so happy, because I don't know what you guys want.

Thank You!

XOXO,
stephanielee