~part two~

The Wallflower

“So you’re saying she was your tutor? That’s just weird.” Jackson leaned back into the couch seat, his coffee long gone.

“I wouldn’t say tutor. She just helped me out, you know? And we used to hang together during lunch and we’d head home together after school.” I explained.

“You never brought this up, though. Don’t tell me you were actually trying to hide this from us, because dude, it’s alright to crush on girls, in case you didn’t know.” Jaebum patted my shoulder.

“It’s not that either. I don’t like her that way at all, really. I never told you because you never asked or anything. The only reason Bambam knows about it and you guys don’t is because he’s been going to our school since the 5th grade, and you guys got here either in the first year of high school or later. I never talked to him about it either. He just knew. Right, Bambam?” I looked at the boy sitting next to me.

“Yup. It’s true.” He replied, “They were together all the time back then, but it all stopped when high school started. They just stopped hanging out with each other. Why did you guys stop hanging out, anyway, Mark? I was always curious.”

“Nothing really happened. We kind of just drifted apart. She went her own way, and I went on mine.”

“Ohhhh,” Yugyeom said, “so that’s why we’ve never seen you talk to her or anything.”

“This girl, she seems interesting. I’d like to meet her sometime. Hook me up, Mark.” Youngjae bit into his complimentary cookie.

“No way, man. We don’t even talk anymore. It would be pretty awkward if I just started a conversation with her telling her that I want her to meet you. She would think that I’m some kind of weirdo!” I exclaimed.

“Okay, okay. We aren’t forcing you or anything. I just gave it a try.” Youngjae said.

After the snacks at the café, we all headed home. I got to my house and greeted my father.

“I’m home!” I called out to my mother, who was in the kitchen preparing dinner.

I headed up the stairs, only to be greeted by my younger brother, Joey, “Hey, bro. Tammy and Grace asked me to call you for them. They say you have a guest.”

“Hmmm… really? Do you at least know who it is?” I asked.

Joey shrugged, “No way, man. They were already in their room when I got here. They haven’t been gone out of it yet. They just call me to their door. I think that person is staying for dinner, though. Tell me who it is when you find out.”

I walk towards the shared room of my two eldest siblings and knock on their door. “I’m coming in,” I say and head inside, only to see them blocking my view of someone sitting on one of the beds.

“Mark,” Tammy chimes, “Guess who came to visit you!” follows Grace.

“I don’t know, but maybe I would if you guys would move aside.” I replied.

They moved aside, like I requested, and I was shocked to find a person I never expected to be there, sitting on the edge of Grace’s bed.

“Wha-What are you doing here, Jaehee?” I asked, surprise shown on my face.

“Oh my God, Tammy! He’s flustered! Our little brother is growing up! It’s okay, Mark, you don’t need to be embarrassed that your girlfriend is here. She dropped by, saying that she needed to talk to you. I could barely recognize her, though; she’s grown so much in the past 4 years!” Grace reacted.

“She isn’t my girlfriend!” I defended, “Did you guys even ask her what she was here to talk to me about? It could have been about a project or something.”

“We didn’t want to invade her privacy; we can only do that to you. Besides, her asking about a project? Yeah, right. Why do you think people invented phones, texting, and SNS?”

I opened my mouth to answer Tammy, but she cut me off, saying, “Don’t answer that.”

“Anyway,” Grace said turning to Jaehee, “We’ll give you two some privacy, so you can talk,” and she and Tammy were out the door.

I felt the tension in the room thicken. This was so awkward. “So, why are you here?” I questioned.

“I need your help, Mark,” she looked up at me confidently, “I heard you and the other boys talking after school. I also heard about the part where Jinyoung said that I wasn’t his type.”

“But didn’t you hear the last part? He said he thought you two wouldn’t last.” I said.

“That is something that can be changed. I want you to help me by making me into Jinyoung’s ideal type. Someone who he would want to be with, no matter what. He said that I was cute, but what if he doesn’t want cute? What if he’s into pretty girls? Only you would truly know, since you’re his best friend. So will you help me, or not?” She looked up at me from where she was sitting.

“Sorry, Jaehee, but I can’t help you.” I shook my head.

“Don’t you think that you should? I do. I helped you with your Korean back when we were kids, isn’t it about time that you return the favor?” She crossed her arms.

She was glaring at me. I guess some things never really change. It was like I was 10 years old all over again. She would always do this. When Jaehee didn’t get something she wanted, she had two ways of changing your mind: the glaring, and the over excessive pouting and aegyo. I personally preferred the first one, since seeing her pouting just made me uncomfortable.

“Fine, I’ll do it.” I said unsurely, “but only because I owe you.”

“Great.” She beamed at me, “let’s do it every other day starting tomorrow. After school at you house, okay?”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa! My house? Why not yours?” I exclaimed.

“Because, your sisters could help in making me over. So instead of wasting money, we could just have them do it.” She said, nonchalantly.

“Fine.” I replied.

“That’s that then. Okay then, Mark, I’m heading down to help your mom with the dinner.” She stood up and headed out.

I laid on Tammy’s bed and covered my face with my hands, “Why is this happening to me of all people?” I muttered under my breath.

Tammy and Grace barged into the room and sat on the bed I was laying on.

“So? How’d it go? Did she confess? Did you confess?” Tammy pushed.

“Sis, I’m guessing it didn’t go well at all. Just look at him. He looks like a sad puppy.” I heard Grace say.

“Can you two just get out? I just wanna be alone.” I said.

“Fine, baby bro. We’ll give you some me time. Let’s go, Tammy.” I felt the weight beside me disappear and I hear the door open and close shortly after.

I was alone again. Thank God.

A/N: New update! Hooray! I do hope that you people are liking the story. Feel free to comment anytime, by the way. I'll most probably update by tonight/tomorrow since I'm not too busy. Bye!~

XOXO,
stephanielee
 
P.S. - Has anyone signed up for the I GOT7 Silver membership? I couldn't because I have no credit card.