~part eleven~

The Wallflower

I was in the middle of celebrating in what seemed to be the end of the graduating ceremony, thinking finally, high school is over, when I heard the loud and continuous beeping of the alarm clock next to my bed. I knitted my eyebrows together in annoyance. It was a dream. I knew it was too good to be true.

I sleepily trudged my way to the shared closet, not bothering to keep quiet or tip toe, since I knew that Joey slept like a pig, anyways. Opening it, I took the white school button down and dark pants, along with some underwear and headed to the bathroom. After taking my bath, I got dressed and headed to the room to wake Joey up and pack my bag. I did the latter first, though, since Joey really liked his sleep and because I was a good brother.

I noticed that today was one of the days where I actually didn’t forget to do my homework. Well, that was kind of a lie. We didn’t get any homework, so I didn’t have anything to actually do. Finally satisfied with how I looked and how I packed my bag, I woke Joey up. He didn’t complain like he normally does, and he just got up, took his uniform, and went through the bathroom doors.

I descended the stairs and started eating the breakfast that Mom cooked up for us. It was what most people think is an American breakfast: bacon and eggs. Tammy was at the table, as well, but instead of the delicious honey cured bacon and sunny side up eggs that I was having, she stuck to Canadian bacon and a hard-boiled egg. I still didn’t understand why Tams was trying to be so thin and healthy. There is no better feeling of satisfaction than when you eat greasy and mouth-watering food.

Since the food was really good, I practically stuffed it down my throat. Tammy looked at me and the expression on her face showed that she was truly disgusted by what I just did. “Ew.” I heard her mumble. Ignoring her, I stood up and grabbed the Orange Juice from the fridge. It was almost finished, so I downed it from the carton. Most people would be telling me how gross I am by now, but it’s not like I really care.

I went back up to the bathroom and brushed my teeth, and grabbed my bag from the floor on my way out of the room, and I was about to head downstairs, when I heard the doorbell ring. Hmm… I wonder who that is. Probably Jessica. I was partially right, because it was not only Jessica who was standing in the doorway with my mother, but Jaehee was there as well.

“What are you two doing here?” I questioned.

“Well, Your mom offered to take me to school along with you and Joey, and she gave me her number, as well, telling me that I’d be her temporary mother while I was here in Korea.” Jessica said.

I turned to Jaehee, “That doesn’t explain why you’re here, though.”

“Oh, well, when I went online last night, I found out that Jessica sent me a friend request, so I accepted it.” Jaehee said.

“And I chatted with her through private message, asking whether or not she wanted to join us since she lived nearby. She said yes, so I asked your mom for permission, and she too, agreed that it was a great idea.” Jessica finished.

“Okay, then.” I said. So I guess this would be the arrangement for the next few months.

Joey came down the stairs, grabbing a piece of toast and shoving it into his mouth. He kind of reminds me of me sometimes. He turned around and saw the two girls sitting next to me on the couch.

“Whoa. You two know each other?” he asked, and they nodded in response.

“I guess you guys are coming with us to school then?” They nodded again.

“Okay, kids, let’s go. We need to pick u—“ Mom cut her sentence off when she saw Jaehee and Jessica next to me.

“You two came here? I was supposed to pick you up from your houses.” Mom said, the shock clearly written on her face.

“Neh, Auntie. We didn’t want to burden you. So Jessica and I decided to walk here ourselves. She walked to my house and we walked to yours together. It’s not that far, anyways.” Jaehee smiled.

“Okay. I guess we can go straight to school, then.” Mom clapped her hands together.

We headed to the garage and got into the car. It ended up with Joey sitting in the front, Jessica and I were in the back, with Jaehee in between us. Jessica was supposed to be next to me, but she forgot to put something in the trunk, so she just made Jaehee scoot over. Honestly, I thought that this arrangement would be pretty awkward, but it’s not that bad, actually.

The whole car ride was a blur, since I was drifting in and out of sleep while the two girls sitting next to me were talking. From what I was hearing, I think that Jessica was asking Jaehee for advice in school.

“Well,” Jaehee started, “it’s just a normal school. You can choose to stand out or just blend in. I picked the latter one, though.”

“Is it hard to make friends?” Jessica worriedly asked.

“Definitely not. Gyeonggi High has a lot of really nice students. Since you’re friends with Mark, though, it could be ten times harder, or ten times easier.”

“What do you mean?” she looked confused.

“I’m guessing that you’ll be hanging out with Mark, right? Well, Mark is best friends with Jinyoung and the rest of GOT7, who are basically the school’s resident flower boys.”

“Woah. That sounds like it came out of the plot of a Korean drama. I know! Can I hang out with you, then? OR! We can both hang with Mark and his friends.” Jessica suggested.

“No way. I still haven’t gotten over Jinyoung yet, so as much as I want to help you, I’m only going as far as hanging out with you.” Jaehee leaned back into her seat.

“Just do it, Jaehee. You can go ahead and sit with us. How do you think Jinyoung will start liking you if you avoid him all the time? Just help Jessica out. It’s a win-win situation.” I finally butted-in. Just so this conversation would end.

Jaehee pondered over what I said before finally speaking up, “Fine.”

“Yay! Thanks, guys! What would I do without you two?!” Jessica did a little happy dance in her seat. It was really cute, actually.

We pulled up into the school’s driveway and all four of us got out of the vehicle and proceeded to the trunk to collect our school bags. Today was gonna be a long day, and it’s barely even started….

A/N: Yay for this chapter, because honestly, if I were reading this, I would be confused about who Jessica is and who she will be in this story. I actually kind of want that because I don't want a story that you can predict completely.

Has anyone heard about EXO's concert itinerary being leaked? It says they're coming to where I'm from, but I really want VIP tickets and have no money. I hope they come in my birthmonth, so I can just have my parents pay for a part of it...

Well, in other, non-KPOP related news, has anyone seen X-men Days of Future Past? I am actually a HUGE (and I do mean HUGE) X-men fan. Ir's my whole childhood, and I think that the movie was awesome.

That's enough blabbering for today, folks! Goodbye!

XOXO,
stephanielee

P.S. - Thank you so much for subscibing! It brings a smile to my face whenever I see the orange notification on my top left screen indicating that another one of you actually appreciates the sh*t stuff I write.