Two

Between Sleeping and Waking
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

¦ Two

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

A familiar sound made Eunhyuk wake up the next morning. It was a melody that got louder the longer it sounded and together with the annoying buzzing noise it was very successful in making him open his eyes. He clenched them shut only a second later and blindly d for his phone on the nightstand that he found a moment later. With trained movements he made the alarm stop and put the device back, an unwilling groan leaving his lips.

It took him a moment before he knew where he was and he completely avoided thinking about anything, too afraid that the confusion and grief of the previous day would once again cloud his mind. So he just lay in his bed with his eyes closed and enjoyed the silence surrounding him. He didn’t hear anybody snivel, no sobs and no shaky breathing. None of this was noticeable. What he did notice though was that his head was fine and that there was no headache at all. This was the one thing he was more than glad about, everything else was blended out.

He became aware of the arm that was wrapped around his waist from behind as he felt it move a bit and smiled to himself. There was this pleasant warmth he felt on his back he was so used to waking up with and that made him smile a bit more. Eunhyuk placed his hand on the arm and carefully turned around in the other's hold, pulled the blanket a bit higher in the process. With careful hands and still closed eyes he pulled the body next to him closer, held it in his arms and smiled a bit more as the hug was slowly returned. Limbs were tangled as one of his hands blindly found the other's head; he caressed the soft hair he felt and heard a contented sigh.           
This was his favorite way to wake up. However, soft knocks from the door not much later made him frown.

"Hyukjae, please get up. You know how our schedules for today look like."

Sungmin? Well, at least he sounded way more relaxed than the last time he had heard his voice. But his words weren't convincing enough for the redhead to do what the elder wanted him to do. Instead, he pulled the warm body even closer, felt the other's breath hitting his neck and gently started the other's back. He heard a soft hum that made his smile widen and he eventually opened his eyes.

Brown tousled locks, closed eyes and the face he could describe perfectly in his deepest sleep so peaceful; Eunhyuk loved waking up before Donghae did because then he had all the time he wanted to look at him, touch him without the younger getting too annoyed. And that was also what Eunhyuk did in that moment. He carefully let go of the younger and brought his hand up to his cheek to gently stoke his skin; Donghae stirred just a tiny bit in his sleep and sniggled his face down in the pillow.

"Hyukjae! Get up! And if Donghae's with you, kick him out of bed now! I mean it!"

"What is that supposed to mean, if he's with him?"

"Okay, fine… Get out of bed now, both of you!"

So it seemed like Leeteuk was also in a better mood today.    
Donghae frowned in his sleep and Eunhyuk did too; he didn’t want to be disturbed while being where he wanted to be the most. But it wasn’t like he had any other choice.

The redhead carefully propped himself up on one of his elbows and turned his head to check the time on his alarm clock. 6:10 a.m. He groaned and unwillingly let go of Donghae completely to free himself from the blanket. But before he even had the chance to swing his legs out of the bed, there were arms thrown around his back from behind and Donghae used all limbs he had to stop the other from standing up.

"Donghae", Eunhyuk half laughed and half groaned because the hold of the younger made it hard for him to breathe. "You heard them."

"Five minutes..." It was just a whisper close to his ear; he couldn’t suppress a smile as he heard how whiny it was.

"You know that that's also what I want, but-"

He couldn’t speak any further because Donghae's arms sneaked around his neck and the younger rolled him over; Eunhyuk was now lying on his back again and his body was completely pressed down by the brunet. He let out another groan, but Donghae didn’t seem to care. He just placed his head on the other's chest and snuggled up to him without opening his eyes for one second. The elder snickered and gently patted Donghae's head.

"They will kill us if we don’t get up now", Eunhyuk said with a low voice.

"Don’t care..."

"Are you sure? I don’t feel like dying yet and-"

"Yah!" A single bang erupted from the door, loud enough to even make Donghae open his eyes. "Get out of bed, you lazy brats! You don’t want me to come in, do you?!"

Donghae let out a frustrated moan and finally very slowly sat up on the bed; having an overtired Heechul bursting through the door in the early morning was always a very bad way to start the day. The brunet blinked tiredly and rubbed his hand over his eyes and face while he yawned shamelessly.

"We're up", Eunhyuk croaked out while sitting up himself; what followed was another loud bang.

"I hope so!"

Donghae pouted and slumped to the side a bit before his tired eyes found Eunhyuk. "Morning, Hyukkie", he mumbled and rubbed his eyes once more. The elder's lips tilted up.

"Morning. Did you sleep well?"

The brunet let out a small and tired noise of agreement as Eunhyuk finally got up from the bed; Donghae's eyes were closed again as the redhead darted a glance at him only a few seconds later while standing in front of the wardrobe. Laughing, he reached his hand out and ruffled the younger's hair.

"Come on. You know what happened the last time Heechul came to get us out of bed."

Donghae let out a groan and hardly managed to open one of his eyes. Eunhyuk's hand left his head as he saw the way the other pushed his lips out to get what he got every morning. The elder smirked. He leaned down while Donghae leaned up and their lips shortly met for a soft kiss which eventually made Donghae slowly peel himself out of bed after it had ended. Eunhyuk turned towards the wardrobe again to grab a pair of boxer briefs and some clothes; he stopped however as he noticed that he was wearing different clothes. This time it was a simple shirt and shorts, something he really would wear when going to sleep. Where were the training clothes he had been wearing the day before?

"Donghae?" he asked and heard a silent hum in response. "Did somebody… Why am I wearing this?"

He tugged a bit on his shirt and looked back at the younger who lazily ran a hand through his hair. "What do you mean with that?" he yawned. "That's what you put on last night."

Eunhyuk blinked his eyes. "Really?"

"Yeah… I'm very sure about that. And if you want me to proof it: I was there when you put it on."

The redhead nodded without really believing in the other's words. So if Donghae had been there when he had decided to wear this, when had that been? After waking up in the evening? And why couldn’t he remember waking up again?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter