Chapter 2

I'll Protect You

Chanyeol is normally friendly, so he thought of giving a gift to Baekhyun. He offered him a tour and he accepted. They went to a nearby mall and they act as if they’re good friends.

“Do you have any work?” Chanyeol asked.

“Hmm-mm. My uncle gave me one.” Baekhyun answered as he took a sip on his coffee.

“Really? Where?”

“In his Coffee Shop.” Baekhyun said. Chanyeol asked, “By chance, is it Seattle’s Best?”

“Yeah. How’d you know?”

“Oh.. it’s where I work.” Chanyeol grinned.

“Really?! Well then, that’s great. At least I already know someone from my workplace.” He smiled.

After giving baekhyun a tour, they went home and waved goodbye. “See you at work next week!” baekhyun smiled.

“Oh, yeah. See you!” Chanyeol smiled and waved.

He kind of felt excited. He wants to know more about Baekhyun because he seems nice and approachable knowing that the little guy approached him first on his first day in the neighborhood. He feels like they would be good friends.

The week finally came. Chanyeol got up late and hurried to take a bath. He wanted to ask Baekhyun if he wants to walk with him, but he was too late. It was 8:30 when he arrived and everyone were now gathered up to welcome Baekhyun.

“Sorry I’m late!” chanyeol announced.

“It’s alright. You’re just in time to meet the new employee.” Mr. Kim, the boss said.

“Everyone, please welcome Byun Baekhyun. You’re new Cashier and he’ll be in the second floor so the customers won’t be bothered going down.”

Everyone clapped and bowed.

“Hello everyone, I’m Byun Baekhyun. I hope we could all work well together. Nice meeting you. Please take care of me!” he smiled.

Everyone clapped again with Kai’s side comment. “I will.” With a grin.

He earned a glare from Mr. Kim and Kyungsoo’s powerful hit.

“Okay everyone, let’s get to work! The customers are waiting outside and let’s give them the best service. Oh and Chanyeol, I trust you more than Kai and Sehun. Please look after Baekhyun.”

“Yes sir.” Chanyeol smiled.

“Hi there Chanyeol.” Baekhyun greeted and smiled.

“Hi! Uhm. I was going to walk with you but I woke up late.”

“It’s alright. Let’s get to work!” baekhyun said cheerfully.

Kai walked past Chanyeol and put his arm around his shoulder, “Looks like someone found his.” And he winked.

Chanyeol took his arm of his shoulder and pinch him. Kai cried in pain and they just both laughed.

The day went by great because of Baekhyun’s fun atmosphere. He’s the one cheering everyone up when they’re tired. Offering them help when there’s no more customer in the 2nd floor.

Everyone liked him even on his first day. Although every now and then, Kyungsoo gets jealous and hit Kai because he’s flirting Baekhyun.

“Okay! End of the day!” Sehun screamed and raised his arms as if he’s stretching and put it on Luhan’s shoulder. ”Where should we go?” he said and winked at Luhan. He blushed and hurriedly went to the bathroom.

“Ya! Looked at this apple first. Why is the color the same with your cheeks? YA!” Sehun said smiling while following Luhan to the bathroom.

“I wanna be like that too.” Kai said with aegyo but Kyungsoo just stared at him in almost glare.

Kai insisted with his aegyo and finally Kyungsoo lost and smiled. “Assa! You two, close the shop!” Kai said with a wink and left the shop with Kyungsoo.

“Aisshh. YA! Is that how you’ll treat the new employee?! YA!” Chanyeol screamed but they ignored him. Sehun and Luhan went out with their things, “Kai’s right. You should close the shop. Okay? Oh and Baekhyun, becareful of Chanyeol. He might be like an angel but we’ll never know.” Then he laughed.

“I’m not like you! Ya! Oh Sehun get back here! Uggh.” Chanyeol screamed.

“Enjoy!” Sehun teased while waving.”

Chanyeol shyly turned around to face Baekhyun who was also shocked. “I’m sorry about those guys. They’re –“

“It’s alright. That’s how couples treat single people. Haha!” Baekhyun joked.

“Let’s clean up first and go home.” Baekhyun said cheerfully with his attractive eyesmile.