Chapter 9

I'll Protect You

For the first time, Chanyeol’s car wasn’t there. Baekhyun almost tripped from another jar of notes. He didn’t report to work today, and just what Mr. Kim texted, even Chanyeol.

“Will you still love me in the next world?”

“Can you still forgive a killer?”

“If I paid my sins, can we go back to the way we used to be?”

Some notes were with blood. Chanyeol wrote it overnight, he thought.

“I was the stupidest guy ever living.”

“I’m a monster.”

“I’d rather get killed by you than to kill myself because it’s selfish of me to do so.”

“Will you still love a toasted man if I ever get electrocuted?”

“Will you still love a head after it was chopped of his body?”

He found some of it disgusting, but it was Chanyeol. He could feel Chanyeol’s heart in it. He didn’t decide yet. He can’t. And maybe, he won’t.

For the first time in the past 3 months he was there, it was the first time he watched TV. He accidentally stopped it in a news channel when he grabbed a bottle of water. The news has Chanyeol in it. He contacted the police and he was about to put himself in. His uncle escaped the prison. And the police were on the lookout to put Chanyeol in jail.

“No.. no Chanyeol!” he hurriedly packed his things and went to the city.

-

Right before Chanyeol could drive to the Police Station, 2 black vans bumped into his car. They took him in and kidnapped him. When he opened his eyes, he was in a bed. It wasn’t in his room. It’s in an old warehouse. He walked and found another room with light.

He saw Baekhyun… tied up.

“Baekhyun!” before he could go near him, some guys stopped him.

“If it isn’t my traitor niece!” his uncle entered the room and punched Chanyeol. Baekhyun shrieked beneath the cloth covered in his mouth.

“FOR A MONTH, CHANYEOL! FOR A MONTH, I SUFFERED! THAT FILTY JAIL.” He yelled. He went near Baekhyun, “And you.. you should’ve just shut up! You’re too young to die!”

He then grabbed a gun, “But it was you’re choice. No, no. It was your father’s choice! It’s all about trust! I trusted him!” he turned to Chanyeol, “And I trusted YOU!” he points the gun to Chanyeol.

Baekhyun screamed. The guards took off the cloth as instructed by Mr. Park.

“Please don’t kill Chanyeol alone. Kill me too!” Baekhyun pleaded.

“““I would get stabbed or get shot with you. I will never leave you.” He smiled sweetly”””

It was exactly how Baekhyun said before. He will never leave Chanyeol or let Chanyeol die. Mr. Park’s laughed surrounded the room. “How sweet, I’m gonna puke.”

“Don’t hurt Baekhyun. DON’T.” Chanyeol got beaten by his uncle. Luckily, Baekhyun has his small back-up phone. He speed dialed the police, next was Mr. Zhang Yixing’s. Luckily, they were aware of Mr. Park’s strength and Mr. Zhang planned the small back-up phone. The police tracked the number and went on their way.

“You left me for months. For who? This guy? You pity him for killing his father? You’re WEAK!”

“I-I dont pity him. I-I love… h-him.” Chanyeol tried his best to say it despite the pain.  “And I p-purposely left..y-you. M-monster.” He got kicked again, and at the same time, Baekhyun begged them to stop.

“It’s your turn.” He points the gun at Baekhyun. “We are suffering because of your father and yet, we’ll suffer again because of you? You both deserve to die in the same way.”

“DON’T! PLEASE DON’T” he begged. Before he could shoot him, Chanyeol managed to kick his uncle which cause him to fall and drop the gun. The guys were about to grab him but Mr. Park signaled that he can do it.

He kicked Chanyeol again. “Stand up! Fight! You’re weak, just like you’re father!”

Chanyeol got angry and managed to stand up. He was punching but he can’t do it any longer. The pain has taken over him. He collapsed on the ground.