Chapter 5

I'll Protect You

They can’t hide the fact that having each other’s presence makes their hearts beat fast. They usually smile at each other when they meet their eyes which cause the others cheer them on more. 

Chanyeol waited for Mr. Kim the next morning very early which caused Mr. Kim to be surprised. “Why are you here so early?”

“Uhh.. I have a favor to ask you.”

-

Everyone was on their places and Baekhyun was surprised to find Kyungsoo at the counter with Luhan.

“Uhm. Why are you there?” Baekhyun asked. “Don’t ask me. Ask your boyfriend.” Kyungsoo is normally not approachable specially with his eyes. “Huh?” he ignored him and went upstairs. Kai scolded Kyungsoo for being so unapproachable.

It turns out, Chanyeol switched places with Kyungsoo and he became one of the waiters. He just made a move. Whenever Kai or Sehun have orders to bring upstairs, he would quickly run and snatched it from them just so he could get a peek from Baekhyun who was working upstairs. Baekhyun would sometimes catch him looking then Chanyeol would hurriedly ran downstairs which sometimes caused him to almost fall. Baekhyun finds it cute.

Like they normally do now, they would walk together, enjoying the cold breeze on the way home.

“I have something to ask.”

“What is it?” Chanyeol avoided eye contact.

“Why did you switch places with Kyungsoo?”

“Uhh.. just..” Chanyeol sighed. “Can I be completely honest with you?” Baekhyun nodded.

“I just wanna take a peek. Of you, I mean. I really like you and I just don’t know how you feel about me. I don’t know when it started but I just---“ He was cut off again but not a kiss on the cheek, it was now on the lips.

His heart beats so fast. He feels like he wants to fly. He can’t describe what he feels right now.

“I like you, too.” Baekhyun smiled and went inside. Chanyeol still haven’t sunk everything in. He was so surprised about everything. He wants to shout but he can’t.

The next morning, he feels very happy. He doesn’t know how to make a move when it comes to Baekhyun. He wanted to ask if he wants to date him, and be officially his. But he doesn’t know how.

He went off to work and saw Baekhyun, just in time walking out of the house. He panicked and put the hood of his jacket on and quickly walked. “YA! Is that how you should act after you confess to someone who likes you back?” Baekhyun teased.

Chanyeol turned around and bravely asked, “Do you want to date me?”

Baekhyun was speechless. He stared at Chanyeol for seconds “I-I mean, it’s alright if you don’t. Bye.” He blushed and shyly turned around. He was about to make his walking pace faster when Baekhyun surprised him with a “Yes.” He turned to Baekhyun who was two feet away from him. Baekhyun walked to him and hook his arm to Chanyeol’s. “Let’s walk together, boyfriend.”

They smiled at each other. Chanyeol can’t believe that the person he likes is with him and now, they’re in a relationship. They walked to the store in the same position and everyone gets it.

“Looks like someone’s official.” Kai said. “A late birthday present?” Sehun added. “Yes..” Baekhyun said while pointing to Kai, “And yes.” And Sehun. “Let’s get to work!” Luhan said.

Every now and then, Chanyeol would leave a small note in the counter writing corny messages like, “HAPPINESS is what I feel when I’m with you.” Or “COMPLETE is what I feel when you are with me.” He finds it corny but he likes it that way.

They would find time to spend together. Do stuffs together like what a normal couple would do, buy couple shirts or shoes. They enjoy each other’s presence. Just the mere fact that they’re together is pure happiness for them.

“I really want to meet your parents.” Chanyeol said. Baekhyun would sometimes walk faster, or excuse himself to the restroom, but he bravely answered this time. “My mom… she left us and dad, he died.”

Chanyeol felt guilty asking these things ton Baekhyun. He was curious but he wished to just shut himself up instead of asking it. “I’m sorry I asked.”

“No, it’s fine. Atleast you know.” He smiled. “What about you?”

Chanyeol thought he should say his case too. “My parents died in a car accident.”

“Silly! You don’t have to pretend.” Baekhyun said. “No, seriously.” Chanyeol said with a smile.

“I-I thought you were pretending or…. Ugh. What was I thinking. I’m sorry. “ Baekhyun lowered his head. Chanyeol raised his face and planted a kiss on his lips. “You’re the only one I have now.” He smiled and hugged Baekhyun. “I love you.”

Baekhyun smiled and hugged him tighter. “I love you, too.”