Chapter 3

I'll Protect You

They finished cleaning around 8:15pm since there’s nothing much to clean. They closed the shop together and went home together.

“It was very nice working with everyone.” Baekhyun said smiling. “I was very nervous but everyone was so warm and welcoming. It’s a lot different from the city I used to live in.”

“Yeah. Even if they’re a jerk sometimes, I still prefer working with them rather than anyone in the city.” Chanyeol agreed.

“Did something happen to you when you were in the city?” Baekhyun asked. Chanyeol was surprised and stared at him. “Oh. Was it something too personal? I’m sorry.”

“N-no. It’s alright. How about you?”

“Uhh… hey! We’re already home. Good Night! Sleep tight! See you tomorrow, friend.” He smiled again with his attractive eyesmile. Chanyeol couldn’t help but to smile back and waved Good Night.

The next morning, Chanyeol woke up and went outside to jog. He noticed someone walking outside from the front house. He stared at him. Baekhyun noticed him and waved cheerfully. He jogged to Chanyeol.

“Hey, wanna jog together?” he smiled.

“Sure.” Chanyeol grinned and they started jogging.

He was refusing to ask about Baekhyun’s reason on why he moved but he thought again, it might offend him.

They did a lot of crazy stuff like ringing the bell of their neighbor’s doorbell, knocking the doors, taking pictures with dogs. They felt as if they were kids and enjoyed each other’s presence.

They stopped by a convenience store and Chanyeol bought them carbonated drinks. “I had a lot of fun hanging out with you. You’re as crazy as me.” Baekhyun said laughing.

“Yeah, I thought you don’t like these kinds of stuff but I’m happy you do.” He smiled.

“Now I want to know the others more.” Baekhyun said. “Oh, they’re exactly the same with us so I think we’ll get along well.” Chanyeol assured him.

“Speaking of them--- oh sh-“ Chanyeol couldn’t finish his words. “It’s 8:10!” he screamed. They hurriedly ran to their houses and took a fast bath and they both ran to the store which was luckily 10 minutes away from their house.

“I’m sorry we’re late.” They both said in synch and looked at each other.

“Looks like someone stayed out.” Sehun teased and laughed with Kai.

“No we didn’t!” Chanyeol shouted. “You don’t have to be defensive, dude.” Kai said with a wink.

“It’s a good thing Mr. Kim didn’t go to the store this morning or else you guys are dead meat.” Luhan assured them while he and Kyungsoo helped Baekhyun to clean himself up from his sweat. Chanyeol and Baekhyun smiled at each other before they separate since Baekhyun’s located at the 2nd floor.

Baekhyun and Luhan was in charge of tonight’s closing. The rest went home.

“You know, you’re a fun person.” Luhan said smiling.

“Thank you, and I think you are too.” Baekhyun eyesmiled.

“I think we should hangout more often. Oh, do you like baking? Cause I really love baking.”

“Yeah, actually I do. Most of the times I baked for my dad.” He smiled and got a little teary eyed.

“W-what’s wrong?” Luhan panicked and approached him “Nothing.” Baekhyun smiled. “He’s just… kind of resting somewhere far from us.”

“Oh. Honey, I think you should bake more. I bet your dad will like it more if you will.” Luhan patted him.

“Thank you. You’re really kind.” He smiled. “SO! When will we bake?” he then said cheerfully and surprised Luhan.

Luhan laughed and said, “This weekend. Call?”

“Call!”

They finished cleaning and they cleaned their selves. “I’ll head out first. Bye! See you tomorrow!”  Sehun waited for Luhan and they bid Baekhyun goodbye. Baekhyun was about to go when he noticed Chanyeol wearing his jacket drinking a coffee. He stared at Chanyeol and he noticed Baekhyun.

“Oh, you’re done.” Chanyeol said.

“D-did you waited for me?” Baekhyun said stuttering. Chanyeol shyly nodded. “It’s just that, you’re new and you might get lost and it’s dangero—“ baekhyun cut his sentence when he planted a kiss on Chanyeol’s cheek.

They were both surprised. “I-I didn’t mean to. I-I was just…. T-thankful and… stuff.” He shyly said and walked hurriedly. Chanyeol was surprised and touch his cheek. He got back into his senses and rushed after baekhyun.

They both were walking awkwardly on the way home. “I-im really sorry…” baekhyun said.

“No.  It’s fine. I like it.” Chanyeol was surprised as well with what he said. They both blushed but the store being near gave them advantage.“W-we’re home. Good Night. See you tomorrow. Bye.” Chanyeol hurriedly said and ran to his house. Baekyhun smiled and went to his house.