Secret Library

Different

Jin’s POV

I quickly finished my lunch before excusing myself from the table. I want to visit the library that Minseok had shown me just now, so that I can find out more about my powers. I gave Minseok a small smile before leaving the dining hall. The library is located on the second floor, at the end of a hallway. I had already started climbing up the grand staircase when a voice called out to me. “Hey Melon!” Kai-ssi?

 

The brown haired male jogged up to me as he smiled. “Where are you headed to?” I had forgotten which hallway the library was located at so I decided to ask him. “Um… I was headed to the library…But I forgot where it is… Can you help me?”

 

Kai chuckled and said “No problem.” His sculpted arms wrapped around my waist as he pulled me closer to his body. My face heated up when I noticed that our faces were inches apart. I had just opened my mouth to ask him what he was doing when the world twisted and reappeared.

 

Black puffs of smoke clouded my vision as I felt my feet on solid ground again. I started coughing uncontrollably as I accidently inhaled some of the black smoke “Kai-ssi? W-what happened?” I asked as soon as I stopped coughing “I just teleported the both of us to the library.” He said as he chuckled. I looked up at him, and noticed that his arms were still wrapped around my waist.

 

I felt my cheeks heat up again and tried to get out of his embrace. “H-hey, what are you doing?”  As I freed myself from his arms, I felt my legs give out below me and my head started to spin. I tumbled to the ground and tried to regain my senses.

 

“Hey! Are you okay?” Kai asked as he helped me up. “I-I’m fine…” My head was spinning and I felt nauseous. He didn’t seem convinced as he supported my weight. He led me to a chair and made me rest.

 

After a few moment of Kai rubbing small circles on my back, I felt a little bit better. “I-I think I’m fine now. Thank you Kai-ssi.” I said as I got up from the chair. I stumbled towards some shelves and felt Kai beside me again, his warm hands held onto my shoulders supporting me.

 

“What kind of books are you looking for?” Kai asked as helped me to the shelves. “I want to learn more about my powers.” Kai suddenly stopped. I looked up at him, puzzled.

 

“The books here won’t tell you anything useful.” My heart sank. “But there might be something in the secret library.” Secret library? “Huh?” Kai glanced down at me and smirked. “Come on. Let’s go!” “W-what? W-wait!”

 

Kai scooped me into his arms and ran up the spiral staircase. “You can’t take me there! I-It’s secret!” I exclaimed as I covered my eyes. “It’s okay, only the successors can enter the library.” “B-but still, it is called a ‘secret’ library for a reason.”

 

I felt Kai gradually slow down and stop. I kept my hands on my eyes as Kai gently put me back on the ground. “You can open your eyes now.” “B-but-” My hands were peeled off by another pair, revealing a set of large wooden doors.

 

The doors had six different symbols on each side. Kai proceeded to stand in front of the right side, where a strange triangle symbol was located. He started petting down his pockets, trying to find something.

 

“Aha! Found it!” The excited male exclaimed as he pulled out a black metal stick from his back pocket. He then pressed the stick to the centre of the triangle symbol, making it glow silver. The wooden doors groaned as they slowly opened, the musty scent of books filled my nose.

 

Oh my! The secret library was lined with shelves and shelves of books, some of them were leather bound, and some had hardcovers. “Tahdah! So, what do you think?” my jaws hung open as I looked around the place.

 

Warm hands pushed my jaws close, a deep voice chuckled “You’ll catch flies if you don’t close your mouth.” My face blushed as Kai leaned closer to my face. “S-so can you tell me where the b-books are?”

 

Kai’s POV

I watched as Jin’s face flush red, her eyes started darting around the place not wanting to make eye contact with me. “S-so can you tell me where the b-books are?” So cute. The way she stutter is so adorable.

 

“Of course, wait here.” And with that I disappeared into another cloud of black smoke. The book that Jin wanted was located at the highest shelf at the end of the secret library. Now to get that bloody book down.

 

I focused on my hands that were cupped together, trying to form a portal spear. I couldn’t reach the book from my position on the ground without a ladder, so a portal is my only choice. Wisps of my signature black smoke formed in my hands as I concentrated on shaping it into a small spear.

 

Hope this works. I thought as I broke the black spear I had in my hands into two, throwing one upwards and one forward. A portal opened in front of me, showing me the book that I needed.

 

Yes! It worked! I quickly grabbed the book before the portals disappeared with a snap sound. After months of training, I finally knew how to control new abilities.

 

Jin’s POV

I quickly looked away from the fairy-tale book that I was staring at when I heard a snapping sound. Moments later, Kai came back with a large leather bound book in his hands. “I got it!” He beamed happily as he handed me the heavy book. Kai-ssi looks better when he smiles.

 

“Thank you, Kai-ssi.” He frowned. Why did he frown? Did I upset him?

 

“You can drop the honorifics. ‘Kai-ssi’ makes me sound like some kind of grandpa.” I pouted as one of his large hands ruffled my hair. “Call me oppa, Jongin oppa.” Jongin? When did he change his name?

 

“B-but I thought Kai was your name?” I tilted my head, not understanding why he was called ‘Jongin’ and ‘Kai’. “Kai is my successor name, Jongin is my birth name. Only close friends of mine call me Jongin.”

 

I grew flustered as he looked down at me. “B-but we just met! We’re practically strangers!” I could feel his eyes bore into my skull as I looked down at the ground. A finger slowly tilted my face upwards, making me look into Kai’s intense eyes.

 

A smirk tugged on his lip as he I stared at him, my cheeks slowly heating up. “You get to call me Jongin because you’re cute.” Cute?!?!? I-I’m not cute! Eric always called me ugly.

 

I could only blush as I stood frozen to the ground. Kai was about to say something when a high-pitched voice called from the other side of the wooden doors.

 

“Kai oppa! Where are you?! I saw you come in here with a girl!” the said male groaned. The female did not sound happy as she continued screaming. “Erm… Jongin o-oppa?” Kai perked up when he heard his name being called. “Yes babe?” “That lady sounds angry. Maybe you should go see her.” I suggested as I walked towards the door.

 

“No! Don’t open it!” I stopped, my hands inches away from the smooth wooden surface of the door. I was pulled away from the door and place into a chair as Kai paced back and forth. “We have to stay here until she leaves.” “But why?” I asked, the leather bound book still held tightly in my arms.

 

“She’s my ex-girlfriend” “Your ex-girlfriend? What’s that?” Kai huffed as he sat down in the chair on the other side of the table. “Let’s just say that we had a bad fight, and she’s still angry me.” My mouth formed an ‘O’ finally getting it.

 

Kai chuckled as he lay on his arms “It’s okay, don’t worry your pretty little head about it. Oppa will talk to her later.” “Okay.” Kai smiled, his eyes crinkling into small crescents. “You can read here if you want. We might have to stay here for a while.” I nodded excitedly as the male rested on his arms, slowly being lulled to sleep.

 

3rd Person’s POV

A female with wild bleach blonde hair stomped around the library, looking for her missing boyfriend. That bastard better not be cheating on me. The angered female had seen her boyfriend with a winged female, and overheard that they were headed to the library. One thing lead to the other as the blonde haired female barged into the library.

 

“Krystal.” She spun around, not expecting her name to be called. There, leaning against one of the tall oak bookshelf was another successor. “Luhan.”

 

The male pushed himself off the side of the bookshelf, and place himself in front of the lean female. “What do you want?” she asked as she crossed her arms, not trusting the telepath. “I have a proposition.” Krystal raised an eyebrow, interested at where the conversation was going.

 

“Oh? And what is it about?” The male started into her eyes with his unusually cold ones. And with an emotionless tone, he said “I want to get rid of the girl.” Interesting. “What girl?”

 

Luhan’s eyes narrowed “You know who I’m talking about. So are you in or not?” Krystal contemplated the proposition, not really understanding why he wanted the girl gone.

 

Well, at least I get to have Kai oppa to myself. A smirk grew on the female’s face as she made her decision. “I’m in.”