New Friend and New Feelings

Different

Jin’s POV

After the man left, I got down from the warm fluffy bed. I stretched my sore muscles, I noticed that I was dressed in a white cotton nightgown that reached my mid-thighs. It’s a little short, but it is better than wearing wet clothes.

 

My wounds were cleaned and bandaged, and my ankle didn’t felt as bad as it was before. The nightgown also had a low back which allowed my wings to rest comfortably on my back.

 

The warm orange rays of the rising sun spilled into the room, making the white furniture in the room glow faintly. Settling down in one of the small armchairs located near the table, I stared at the food in the tray. After some internal debate, I decided to eat the expensive looking food.

 

***********

After the satisfying meal, I decided to explore the place and look for the brown haired man. I opened the bedroom door, and stepped out into the quiet hallway. There were many doors and being the curious person I am, I silently hobbled to the first door I saw on my right. The door was painted a beautiful indigo colour that gradually fades to purple.

 

Just as I was about to turn the knob, the door was pulled open from the other side. Startled, I found myself being pulled forward. Just as I was about to hit the ground, I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist. I heard someone let out a sigh of relieve as my brain finally registered that somebody had caught me.

 

I held onto the person’s arm and straightened myself. Curious, I looked up, only to find myself staring at a man with high cheekbones and a pair of twinkling brown eyes.

 

 

???’s POV

I opened the bedroom door to leave for breakfast when I saw a girl dressed in white being dragged into my room. Not wanting that her to fall, I reflexively wrapped my arms around her waist, preventing her from hitting the ground.

 

I let out a sigh of relieve as she grabbed onto my arm, and steadied herself. I worriedly looked at her and realised that she was the girl that Minseok hyung brought home two days ago.

 

The girl had long brown hair that cascade down her back, the white nightgown she had on reached her mid-thighs and showed off her milky legs. She was short and only reached up to my chin.

 

I was about to ask her if she was alright when I noticed a something on her back. Taking a closer look at it, I realised that it was a pair of white feathered wings. The golden rays of the morning sun shone down on her, making her look like a glowing angel.

 

 

Jin’s POV

“Are you alright?” the man asked as he looked at me, his eyes widening when he spotted my wings. I felt heat rising to my cheeks when I noticed that I was still holding his arm. I quickly released it and nodded. “My name is Jongdae, but you can call me Chen.” The man said as he chuckled, his lips curling up at the tip making him look like a cat.

 

“J-Jongdae? Chen?” I asked as I tilted my head to one side, an action I always did when I was curious. “N-nice to meet you Jongdae-ssi, my name is J-Jin.” I said as I bowed.

 

Eric always told me to bow when I introduce myself. He said it was a form of respect. “Oh no, you don’t need to be so formal. You can call me oppa.” Jongdae said as he led me out of his bedroom.

 

He was checking if my wounds had opened when he noticed that I was barefooted “You don’t have any shoes. Wait here. I’ll go get a pair for you. Minseok hyung will be angry if you hurt yourself.” He said as he ran back to his room, returning with a pair of slippers in his hands seconds later. “Here, these are mine but you can wear them first.”

 

Once I was wearing the slippers, Chen gently held onto my arm and began to lead me somewhere. “Where- where are we going?” “We’re going to the dining hall. You probably want to meet the man who saved you right?” he said as he looked back at me, his eyes turning into crescents as he smiled.

 

Chen supported me as I limped down the long hallway and down a grand looking flight of stairs. We got to know each other more as his naturally bright personality made me feel comfortable around him. We conversed the whole way until we reached a pair of large wooden doors.

 

“And this is the dining hall! Minseok hyung and the others are inside, come on.” He said as he placed his hand on the door. Nervous about meeting new people, I reached out and held on to the hem of his white shirt.

 

Feeling a tug on his shirt, Chen turn around to see me holding onto his shirt tightly. “Don’t worry, Minseok hyung and the others will like you.” He ruffled my hair, smiling at me encouragingly. He then gently untangled my fingers from his shirt and let me hold on to his hand instead. The moment he pushed the doors open, my grip on his hand got tighter. He then walked into the dining hall excitedly with me sticking to his side.

 

The dining hall had a long wooden table placed in the middle of the room. It was filled with food and there were twelve chairs around the large table. All the chairs were filled, except for the chair in-between a black haired man and a brown haired man. Some of the men were chatting with one another, while some silently ate their food. “Minseok hyung!” Jongdae exclaimed as he approached the table, attracting the attention of the eleven men. “Minseok hyung, I’ve brought your guest.” I felt Chen pulled me from his side and into the centre of attention.

 

The brown haired man, who was said to be the ‘Minseok hyung’ that Chen mentioned, got up from his seat at the side of the table. I was uncomfortable with the amount of attention on me, so I quickly hid behind Chen again.

 

“Jongdae-ah, thank you. I’ll take care of her now, you can go eat your breakfast.” Giving me a playful wink, Chen let go of my hands and joined the other men at the table for breakfast.

 

Minseok silently advanced towards me, as I stood in my position nervously. His cold dark eyes seemed to melt into a warmer brown as his face softens. Once he was within an arm length from me, he held his arm out for me. I happily accepted it and led me out the dining hall.

 

We were walking down another quite hallway when I decided to break the silence. “Thank you… For saving me that night.” I said as I looked down at the floor. “It’s nothing, really. Come, let me give you a tour of the mansion.” Minseok said as he led me down the hallway.

 

We spent the rest of the morning exploring the huge mansion. Minseok would tell me where we were and I would try to remember where each room was located.

 

“And this is the garden. The twelve of us rarely come here due to our work, but this is Yi Xing’s favourite place.” Minseok explained as we came to a set of glass doors. Remembering how Eric would force me to kiss him whenever he does something for me, I decided that I would give Minseok a kiss too, since he saved me from those men.

 

I quickly leaned towards his face and pecked his cheek. His eyes widened as he looked at me, shocked. Flustered, I opened the doors which led to the garden and quickly limped away. Oh god! That was embarrassing!

 

3rd Person’s POV

Minseok watched as Jin fled to the garden. His gaze turned softer as his hand touched his cheek. He felt his heart ache again as it pounded faster against his chest.