The Sweet Healer

Different

3rd Person’s POV

As Jin opened the doors to the garden, a wonderful sight greeted her. The garden looked like it was that of a painting. A white gazebo with a blue roof stood surrounded by dozens of flora and overlooked a large pond.

 

There were cherry trees, large thorn-less honeylocust towering over the hedge and a lot more trees that Jin could not identify. And since its spring time, the flowers were blooming beautifully in the chilly weather.

 

As Jin wandered down a small path through the breath-taking garden, dragging her big feathered wings behind her, she stopped in front of a rose bush that was covered with pale pink roses. She had noticed a small un-bloomed rose growing slightly lower than the others. Crouching down, Jin gently the rose before she cupped her hands over it.

 

And once again unknown to Jin, a man was watching her from his tree.

 

Jin’s POV

Cupping the rose with my hands, I concentrated on it trying to make it bloom. I had discovered that I had to ability to help plants a few days ago, while I was out picking some herbs. I had practiced with it a few times but nothing happened.

 

After some time, a soft golden glow emitted from my palms, and I felt the rose opening its petals. Releasing my hands from the rose, I noticed that it was now fully bloomed, like the others on the bush.

 

There you go little rose I thought to myself, satisfied. I got up from my crouched position, and felt something brush against my cheek. And as I lifted my gaze from the roses, I realised what they were. Butterflies!

 

Butterflies were fluttering around the flowers, and one had flown too close to me. Eric had once told me that my ability had something to do with animals, so to test his theory out, I held a finger gently towards a blue-winged butterfly nearby.

 

The butterfly landed on my finger and more of them came towards me. Continuing down the path, I played with the butterflies. “So… This is your power?”

 

Startled by the voice, I jumped. The sudden movement had scared away the butterflies, but one still lingered around. Slowly, I turned around to face the person who had asked me that question.

 

My brown orbs connected with another pair of warm brown ones. The man standing in front of me had jet black hair and a slender yet toned body. I realised that he was the one of the men who was sitting beside Chen. And though he looked like he was day-dreaming, he looked directly at me, his dimple showed as he smiled. I didn’t know how to react so I just simply nodded.

 

“My name is Yi Xing, but you can call me Lay.” His voice was gentle and soothing, “N-nice to meet you. M-my name is J-Jin.” He was about to say something when his eyes landed on my bandaged ankle.

 

“You’re injured…” His words trailed off. He then suddenly wrapped his arms around my waist and carried me to the gazebo. Stunned by his actions, I could only lay in his arms as he walked.

 

He sat me down on the handrail and proceeded to examine my bandaged ankle. His gaze was gentle as he unwrap the bandage around my ankle. His eyes widen as he saw the ugly bruise that had formed on my skin.

 

 As he pressed his fingers gently on my ankle, I winced as the swollen area was still tender to touch. I was about to ask him what he was doing when his hands emitted a soft white glow.

 

I watched in amazement as the bruise on my ankle gradually faded away along with the pain. As soon as Lay released his grip on my ankle, I rolled my ankle in different directions to see whether it still hurts.

 

Realising that my ankle was fine, I jumped down from the handrail. “Yi Xing-ssi, thank you for healing me.” I said gratefully as I hugged him.

 

“I-It’s nothing. Oh! You can drop the honorifics. You can call me Lay ge if you want, Yi Xing is much too difficult to pronounce.” “Ge? What does it mean?” His eyes turned into crescents as he chuckled, his dimple showing once again. “’ge’ or ‘ge ge’ means ‘oppa’ in Chinese”

 

My mouth formed an ‘O’ shape as Lay explained. “So… Lay ge? Is that right?” He nodded and was about to say something when I heard a faint echo in my mind.

 

Help

 

“L-Lay ge… did you hear that?” I asked as I looked around the garden. The said man only shook his head worriedly at me as he stopped talking.

 

Help me

 

Something was hurt and is asking me for help. I could feel its distress as I turned towards the rose bush that I was at earlier. I had a feeling that I would need Lay’s help so I tugged on his hand, and asked him to follow me.

 

The rose bush was rustling as something struggled to get out of it. A pained yowl sounded from the bush as the rustling got more violent. I looked up at Lay, only to see him crouch down in front of the rose bush. He was about to push the roses aside with his hands when I stopped him.

 

“I’ll do it.” Placing my hands above the rose bush, I concentrated on the bush and willed it to part itself. A gap slowly formed as my hands glowed, revealing a troubled black cat in the middle of the bush. Lay quickly picked the poor animal up and got it out of the thorny bush.

 

The cat was fully healed and purring in Lay’s arms just as I close back the rose bush. The cat’s coal black fur shone healthily under the orange hue of the setting sun, its eyes glowed amber as looked at me.

 

“Lay hyung! It’s time for lunch!” a voice suddenly called out. “Hyung? Where are you?” Lay gently passed the cat to me before guiding me towards the voice. “Lay- Who are you?”