Shopping Trip and a Snake?

Different

3rd Person’s POV

“Since the party is happening on the day after tomorrow, why don’t we go shopping?” Kai asked as he stopped glaring at Jimin. “Shopping?” Jin tilted her head. “Yeah! Just the two of us.” “Ok-” “NO!” Jin jumped back, shocked by the sudden loud noise. Oh boy, let the arguing begin.

 

“If I go with her, we can finish shopping earlier!” Sehun snorted as he crossed his arms. “Yeah right. You might take advantage of her for all we know.” Chen-Chen even threw in his two-cents. “That’s right! Unless…” Kai raised his eyebrows at Chen’s hesitation. “Unless what?” “Unless you want Lay hyung to punish you again.”

 

Colour drained from Kai’s beautiful face as he remembered Lay’s sinister smile. Who knew Lay could be this scarring to poor Jonginnie. “Okay! Fine. You guys can come.” Jin’s eyes lit up when she heard that Sehun and Chen would be going with her. “Are we going to town again?” Chen ruffled her hair and smiled at Kai. “Yep. We’re going to go buy you some more clothes.”

 

“Huh? But I thought we buy alcohol and magazines when we go shopping.” Cue silence. “Erm… Angel?” “Yes?” Kai grabbed both of Jin’s shoulders and looked into her eyes seriously. Poor Jin, who’s still not used to skinship, became a strawberry as she looked into Kai’s smothering orbs.

 

“Did this… Eric do anything to you?” “D-do anything t-t-to me? L-like what?” Kai shook his head. “Anything.” “Erm… He asked m-me to cook, c-clean, wash t-the laundry, buy h-his al-alcohol and his magazines.” Kai leaned closer to Jin’s face. “That’s all?” “Y-yes! Oh! I have to clean his- his weapons too.” The men all had one thought running through their head after listening to Jin.

 

This Eric is a slave-driver.

 

“Good. It seems like this Eric, didn’t do anything inappropriate to you.” Sehun, who had been silent for a while, suddenly asked a question. “What kind of magazines does this Eric guy want?” Jin thought for a moment before answering Sehun’s question. “He always told me to get the ones with pretty ladies on it. I think it’s called… Play… Play-something. I forgot. It’s always on the furthest shelf.”

 

That’s right. Ladies and gentlemen, Eric told Jin to buy magazines for him.

 

Kai released his hold on Jin with a blank face. “H-Have you read the magazine before?” “Hmm? Eric doesn’t let me read them. He said that if he ever catches me with one, he would throw me down a cliff.” A huge wave of relief washed over the men present.

 

“But oppa?” Jin had a confused expression on her face. “Yes, Angel?” “Don’t you have lessons today? And the dancing thingy.” Kai looked over to Sehun, before turning back to Jin. “Sehun and I don’t have shifts on Thursdays. Oh! The dancing can wait.” It was at that moment that the guys finally understood the definition of KAWAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII. The men were bombarded by Jin’s adorableness. Her tail would be wagging if she was a dog.  “Can I come tomorrow?” Sehun shrugged. Kai just flashed Jin his lopsided grin. “Sure, why not? But we still have to ask Umin hyung first.”

 

“Yay!” Jimin, who had been sitting silently by Jin, finally asked a question.

 

Is school really that fun?

 

Jin picked Jimin up and rubbed his head. “School is okay. The people there keep staring at me though… But they’re funny! They keep giving me pretty stuff.” SeKaiChen sweat-dropped.

 

I see… Did they give you that ring?

 

“Ring? You mean this?” Jin pulled a silver chain out from under her clothes. An intricate rose ring hung from the chain. Since the guys were distracted by business (and coughJincough) just now, they only noticed the chain now.

 

“Youngmin-ssi and Kwangmin-ssi gave it to me. The chain was from a man called… Jeonghan… I think. He has long purple hair. It’s really pretty.” SeKai rolled their eyes at the mention of their student’s names. Chen… Well, he just stood there. Jimin excused himself when his ears picked up a strange sound in the hallway.

 

“That stupid cat is finally gone.” Kai mumbled under his breath. When Jin turned to look at him, he gave her an innocent smile. “Come on, guys. Let’s go shopping!” And with that, they took Sehun’s car for a ride. Jin had only seen cars before, but riding them? Oh man. She’s in for a horrifying experience.

 

*****

 

“Urgh…” Three scared less passengers came out from Sehun’s silver car as soon as the car came to a stop. “I almost had a heart-attack!” Sehun got out from the driver’s side and looked at his brothers with a disapproving look. “Please. If you think my driving is that of a mad-man, Kris hyung is even worse.” The guys nodded simultaneously at the mention of their flying brother. Poor Galaxy hyung, getting bullied by your dongsaengs.

 

The four of them shuffled into the air-conditioned mall. Jin was staring at everything as they walked. As they approached the dreaded store, the guys had an awkward air around them. Jin looked back at them, questioning why they are just standing there. With their good looks and charm, the four of them caught the attention of a sales-person in the store. One girl with three guys? Who wouldn’t notice that? “Hello there~ How may I help you?”

 

Heads turned at the unfamiliar voice. When Jin’s eyes met the figure of the sales-person, she blushed. “I erm… I-I don’t know…” The sales-person gave Jin a once-over and nodded her head. “It’s okay, I’m going to help you pick something out!”

 

The lady grabbed Jin’s arm and started dragging her deeper into the store. “Huh? W-wait! O-oppa?” The pink eyed sales-person just kept dragging Jin until they reached a wall with a ton of bras.

 

“So~ What type of lingerie do you like to wear?” The pink eyed sales-person asked Jin excitedly. Not understanding her question, Jin replied shyly. “I… I don’t understand… The oppas…” Lightbulb moment!

 

“I see. Stay here, young one! I’ll go get the guys for you.” And off went the pink eyed beauty. Jin listened and stayed. However, since it’s a slow day, the staff had little things to do in the gigantic store. So when they saw Jin standing there like a cute kitty, they started to swarm her. “Oh my! What beautiful skin you have!” “Wow! You’re so tiny, just like a cute bunny!” “Are you single?” Yes, my friends. Jin attract females too. What can I say? She’s attractive.

 

They were starting to get too touchy-touchy, when a pink eyed demon appeared out of thin air. "Ahem.” “Boss!” “We will get back to work right away!” “Bye cutie!” And the small crowd immediately dispersed. The pink eyed demon immediately switched back into an angel and smiled at Jin. “I’ve persuaded your male companions to come in.” More like forced them. 

 

“Okay~ Now let’s pick up from where we left off.” The pink eyed beauty said as she pulled Jin closer to her. “O-okay, Miss!” “Oh my! You’re so polite. Just call me Valentina~” The lady, called Valentina, went ahead and measured Jin’s bust size. She nodded her head, as if confirming something. “So, what kind of bras do you like?”

 

Jin just looked at her with wide eyes. “Huh? Type?” Jin look back at SeKaiChen. “Oppa, which one do I choose?” The men started sweating. “Huh? I-I-I think y-you should pick whatever you want to wear.” “Y-yeah.”

 

Valentina went through a whole shelf of bras before picking out one of each design. She went on and on about how each bra work, and what kind of outfit works with it. Jin got one of each in beige. The enthusiastic Valentina then waved over one of her female worker. “Sam~ Help the darling here get some underwear. I’ll get these to the counter.”

 

After sorting out the underwear situation, Sam and Jin met up with Valentina and the boys at the counter. “That will be two hundred dollars after the special cutie discount~” Jin started counting mentally. “W-wait! That’s too expensive! I-I can’t afford them.” Behind her back, Sehun and Kai simultaneously elbowed Chen. “We’ll take them.”

 

Chen pulled a gold card out from his pocket and swiped it. “But oppa, it’s too expensive!” He shot SeKai a look and ruffled Jin’s hair. “It’s fine.” “I will have to pay you back…” Chen raised an eyebrow. “Oh no, no, no. It’s really okay.” Even after reassuring Jin that it wasn’t a big deal, she still felt bad making Chen pay for her.

 

Walking out of the store with three big, white shopping bags, Sehun spotted somebody from across the mall. He quietly nudged Kai and pointed it out with a slight tilt of his head. You know that thing you do with your head when you spot a hot guy beside you? And you are trying to tell your friend to look, but at the same time you can’t make it too obvious? Yeah. That head thing.

 

“Eh… Angel? The three of us are going to go get some stuff. Do you mind if we leave for a bit?” Jin gave him a nod and reached for the bags in their hands. Kai quickly pulled his bag away from Jin. “Woah. Woah. We can’t let you carry these. Didn’t you say you wanted to explore the area?” Cue head tilt. “I did?” “Yeah. You can’t explore with your hands full, can you?” She shook her head.

 

“That’s right! So here’s one hundred dollars, use it to buy something that you like.” Kai pulled a crumpled bill out from his jean pocket and handed it to Jin. Chen glanced at his phone, taking note of the time. “Jin-ah, meet us at the fountain at centre at around… 5-ish.” Jin nodded obediently and grasped the hundred dollar bill tightly in her hands. “Okay! See you later Angel~”

 

Now I know what you guys are wondering. Why would SeKaiChen leave Jin by herself? Well, it’s because the security in this mall is the best. Additionally, they are under Luhan’s command. That’s why SeKaiChen was able to leave Jin by herself. The lonely petite figure of Jin slowly made her way through the relatively quiet mall.

 

While wondering about on the first floor, Jin noticed a small fancy store in a secluded corner of the mall. “Hmm?” In the display window, Jin spotted a ring. It’s thick, silver band with a hallow rectangle frame. A rectangular onyx stone is set in the frame. On top of the onyx stone lies a silver head of a wolf. On the sides of the ring, there are also three more wolf designs in the shield shaped crevasses - two overlapping ones on the left and one on the right.

 

Jin hesitantly opened the shop’s door and entered. The face of an old man greeted her from behind the counter. “Welcome. How may I help you?” Jin rubbed her arms before pointing over to the display window. “I was wondering… How much is t-the ring? The silver one with wolves on it.” The old man seemed to know exactly which one that Jin was referring to, as he got it out from the display.

 

“It’s a hundred for this piece.” Jin took the ring out of the box and started examining it. “I-I’ll get it.” The man looked at Jin and smiled. “A present for your boyfriend, I presume?” heat rushed to Jin’s face as she shook her head frantically. “N-no! You got it wrong. It’s a thank you gift.” The old man chuckled. “You remind me of my daughter. She gets embarrassed easily, just like you.”

 

Jin placed the crumpled hundred dollar bill on the counter as the old man cleaned the ring. “We provide name engraving here. Do you want any names?” Jin thought for a moment. “I don’t think I can afford it.” An unfamiliar voice replied. “It’s free of charge, since you already bought the ring.” The curtain to the back room opened, revealing an old woman holding a silver tray filled with tea and snacks.

 

“Really?” The old man gave Jin a nod and pulled out a notepad from behind the counter. “Here. Write down the name, that way I won’t get it wrong.” Luckly, Jin had seen Minseok’s name on one of the portraits in the mansion while she was exploring. 

 

Kim Minseok

 

“Okay. This will take about twenty minutes. Honey?” The old man called. “I’ll take care of the lass. Now shoo.” The old man disappeared behind the curtains, with the ring and notepad in hand. The old woman then sat down with Jin on the armchairs by a shelf of old books. “Tea?” Jin politely took the cup that was offered to her with both hands. “Thank you.”

 

“The young man who’s getting that gift must be important to you, right?” Jin became a strawberry as she sipped on her tea. “Y-yeah. He saved me multiple times, so I wanted to give him something as a thank you gift.” The old woman hummed. “He sounds like a fine lad.” “He is. Even though he looks cold on the outside, he is actually very nice.” Her strawberry face had receded and left only two rosy cheeks. “That’s why when I saw that ring, I immediately thought of him. He reminded me of a wolf. He’s the strong, silent protector.”

 

Grrrrrr

 

The old woman giggled at the sound, her eyes lighting up in amusement. “Have some cookies. I made them this morning.” Jin mumbled a quick thanks as she reached for a chocolate chip cookie. As she filled her stomach, they talked about many things, from plants to food. They even exchanged recipes.

 

“Oh my! It seems like you are quite popular.” Jin looked at the old woman confused. “Popular?” The old woman nodded her head. “That’s right. The male students in the class you told me about, certainly seemed interested.” The old woman had realised how oblivious Jin is after a few topics. She mentally laughed. No wonder these ‘oppas’ of hers are so protective.

 

“Lass? The ring is ready.” The old man said as he placed the ring on a cloth. When Jin looked at the inside of the band, she saw “Kim Minseok” engraved neatly in cursive. “Wah~ Thank you! It looks so pretty.” The old man gave Jin a good natured laugh as he brushed down his clothes. “Glad to hear you like it.” He then packed it in the box and put it into a small bag.

 

“There you go. Have a nice day, lass!” “Thank you!” The old couple watched Jin leave with a warm smile. “I hope the lass ends up with the young lad that she was talking about. They sound like they would make a great couple.”

 

*****

 

Happy little Jin wandered around the mall for a few minutes before she realised that she had gotten lost. Blame the person who designed the mall for making it so long and complicated. So Jin tried retracing her steps, hoping to find the fountain. “Ompf!”

 

And of course Jin bumped into another person, again. “Ow…” “Oh god! Miss, are you alright?” Two different pair of hands helped her up. Oh oh oh! Who could they be? “Hey? Aren’t you that girl that the trainers brought over two days ago?” Ohhhhhhhhh~ They’re from the academy!

 

Jin tilted her head as she looked at the five faces in front of her. Purple hair. “Oh! Jeonghan-ssi!” Golden light seemed to be shinning down on the said man as he smiled brightly at Jin. “You remembered my name!” Jealous glares were shot at the cheery Jeonghan. “Hey! What about me?” “Get out of her face, you !” Jeonghan’s mood got even better when he saw his gift around Jin’s neck.

 

Jin quickly broke up the impending WWIII when she asked if they knew where the fountain was. The guys immediately stopped their arguing and happily led her in the right direction. The men kept Jin entertained as they chatted the entire way.

 

“Will you be coming to school tomorrow?” Woozi asked. Jin place a hand under her chin. “I think so. Jongin oppa says that we have to ask Minseok oppa first though.” The guys cheered mentally at the thought of seeing Jin in school tomorrow. “You can hang out with us for lunch if you want.” Bold move DK. Bold move. “Okay~”

 

“We’ll see you tomorrow!” “Remember to meet us during lunch!” Jin giggled as she waved goodbye at the five goofy men. “Bye bye~” With her newly found friends gone, Jin had nothing to do. Bored out of her mind, she started dipping her fingers into the fountain water.

 

“Angel~ We’re back~” Jin perked up when she heard Kai’s voice. “Woah… Oppa, you bought so much stuff.” SeKaiChen approached Jin with even more bags than when they had before. Sehun even had a few colourful boxes in his arms. “They are for you.”

 

Jin’s jaws dropped as she counted the bags. Twelve bags, and a few boxes. “Oppa.” Tears started welling up in Jin’s eyes. “W-wait! Why are you crying? Hyung, do something!” Chen juggled the bags to one hand to make one of his hands free. With that free hand, Chen wrapped an arm around Jin to comfort her.

 

“Come on. Don’t cry anymore, you’ll ruin your face.” The crying female sniffled. “You’re s-so nice to me. W-Why?” SeKaiChen’s expression softened. “We’re nice to you, because we care.” More sobbing.

 

“T-thank you… For caring.” Kai gave Jin a playful wink. “No problem! Now turn that frown upside down~ Show us your smile, okay?” Wiping away her tears, Jin gave SeKaiChen a sweet smile. “Are we going back now?” “Yep! Let’s get back before Kyungsoo hyung kills us.”

 

And our four main characters ride off into the sunset in Sehun’s silver car.

 

 

Jin walks out of the bathroom with water dripping from her long hair. Since it is currently night time, Jin is dressed in her nightgown. The neckline of the gown reached just below the collarbones, while the hem stopped in the middle of the thigh. The thin straps connected with the gown just below the back of the arm. This resulted in a low back where the extra loose fabric collected at the waist area. All in all, Jin looks like one of those lingerie models.

 

I’m back~

 

“Jiminnie! You’re back! Where did you go? Are you hungry? I can go get some food if you want.” Jin said, concerned about her feline companion. Jimin hopped onto the bed and curled into a ball.

 

I went for a walk in the garden. I ate before coming, so don’t worry. Oh! When I was in the garden, it looked like they repaired everything. Even the scorch marks are gone!

 

“Really? Wow! The oppas are really talented!” Jin walked over to her bed and plopped down beside Jimin. While she was making herself comfortable in bed, Jin heard a soft hissing sound. “Jiminnie. Did you hear-”

 

What is it?

 

“I-I think t-there’s something crawling u-u-up my l-leg!” Jimin got up from his comfortable position and dove under the covers.

 

Ouch!

 

“Jimin?” Jin poked her head under the covers as the said cat hissed at the mysterious thing. Brown clashed with a pair of grey orbs.

 

Hey~

 

Coiled around Jin’s lower leg was a silver snake with gunmetal grey eyes. “H-Hello. Are you l-lost?”

 

Lost? I don’t think so.

 

“A-are you one of the oppas’ pets?” Jin asked as she held her hand out to the snake. The snake happily slithered onto the out-stretched arm.

 

Nope.

 

“Huh?” The snake wasn’t lost, and isn’t a pet. What kind of situation is this?!

 

I’m your snake.

 

“Huh!?” Jin looked from Jimin to the snake. “I-I think you got the wrong person… I don’t have a pet snake.”

 

You do now.

 

“I can’t just take you in… What about your owner?” The silver snake slithered up to Jin shoulder and made himself comfortable there.

 

I don’t have one. But I wouldn’t mind if it’s you.

 

Missy, don’t take that snake in. He bit me, and could attack you next!

 

Jin pulled Jimin onto her lap. “But he’s homeless. What if a bird saw him and decides to eat him? I can’t leave him to fend for himself.” Jimin mentally cursed. Damn that stupid snake.

 

So I take it that you’re willing to keep me?

 

“Yeah.” Pfft please. Mister Snake, you forced Jin to take you in. And she’s too nice to leave a ‘defenceless’ snake by himself. Jimin rolled his eyes. Stupid snake, stealing Jin’s attention away from him. After planning out the death of the snake, Jimin snuggled up next to Jin’s waist.

 

Missy. I think you should sleep soon. Didn’t you say that you have school tomorrow?

 

“Oh! I forgot! I’m going to bed now. Goodnight, Jiminnie. Goodnight, Snake-ssi.”

 

Goodnight, missy.

 

Goodnight~ And my name is not ‘Snake-ssi’, it’s Taehyung

 


Hey~ I finally updated ^^" (Please don't hate me T^T)

The previous chapters have been edited for grammar errors... so yeah. 

Next update would probably be on the Lay's birthday... I'm not sure yet. But I'll see what i can do. 

~Cushppy