The Cold But Warm Eyes

Different

3rd Person’s POV

The leader held onto the girl’s hair, not noticing that the temperature around the area had suddenly changed. The rain had gradually turned into snow, and fog started rolling in. The leader let go of the girl’s hair as he saw a movement on the opposite side of the clearing. The girl slumped onto the ground as she shivered from the temperature.

 

As the sound of footsteps got closer, frost started to crawl across the snow covered ground. The girl could only vaguely identify the mysterious figure as a man with brown hair before the drugs in her system took effect.

 

The mysterious male had heard the chase while he was out doing his duties in the forest, and had witnessed a distressed female being taunted by a man. He had decided to help the girl out when he saw the man grabbing onto her hair.

 

The brunette had frozen the whole clearing as he slowly advanced towards the group. He then silently stood in front of the unconscious female as he glared at the men.

 

The leader stared at the mysterious male bewildered as his mind finally registered that the man glaring at him was one of the successor of North. His men had retreated back into the forest, as soon as they realised who they were up against.

 

The leader, however, was not going to retreat despite knowing that the successor was much more powerful than him. The girl was worth a lot of money and he’s not letting her slip through his fingers.

 

A plan started to form in the leader’s head as his fingers inched towards the gun he had in his holster. He had planned to shoot the successor with his sleep dart, hoping to give him enough time to grab the unconscious girl and make a run for it.

 

But just as his fingers grazed the metal gun, he quickly pulled his hand away from it. The gun was frozen and it felt like it was biting his skin.

 

The successor’s face hardened as his eyes started to glow pale blue. The leader felt a shock run down his spin as his internal temperature dropped, his limbs had started to turn blue from frostbite before he collapsed from the cold.

 

After making sure that the leader was out cold, the successor let the temperature return back to normal. He scooped the unconscious girl into his arms as the snow covered ground started to melt. He swept his eyes over the girl for injuries and noticed that she had a few scratches on her face and arms. Her lips had turned blue from the cold temperature, and she was shivering in her sleep.

 

Despite looking like she had just went through hell, the girl’s face looked peaceful and innocent as she slept. The successor felt his heart ache as he stared at the girl. Clearing his head, he started to make his way back home as the girl laid securely in his embrace.

 

************

Jin’s POV

I was enveloped in a cloud of warmth. The effect of the sleep dart was fading as I felt myself regaining consciousness. I blinked my eyes a few times to find myself lying in a cosy bed, in a beautiful white bedroom.

 

With much effort, I pushed myself into a sitting position as my sore muscles protested. It has been a years since I saw a proper bedroom. Back when I was living with Eric, we only slept on the moss covered ground of the caves. He said that caves were the safest hideout as they could be easily camouflaged. I was starting to think about the memories I had with Eric when the bedroom door clicked open.

 

A brown haired male walked in with a tray of food in his hands. I searched through my memories, and it seems that he was the one who saved me. He seemed to be deep in thought as he gently place the tray on the table positioned near the window.

 

He stood by the table as he looked out the window. His face was hard as he furrowed his eyebrows. I watched the beautiful male quietly as the he stood in the sunlight.

 

My eyes never once left the man’s face as I shifted my body slightly on the bed, trying to make my wings more comfortable.

 

Creakkkkk

 

The man snapped out from his train of thought and looked in the direction of the sound. Just as he made eye contact with me, his eyes widen as he realised that I was awake. He quickly ran out of the room as I called out to him “W-wait!”

 

I only got a glimpse of his face before he left, but I can say for certain that he’s very handsome. His short hair made him look manly in contrast to his baby face, and his sculpted muscles could be seen through his clothes.

 

Even though his eyes looked cold and emotionless at first, I saw hidden warmth behind them.