Letting go

What Am I Supposed To Do When You're Gone?

- Ken´s piont of view –


It had already been 11 days.
Everything started to seem darker and darker for Ravi.
Hyuk and Hongbin even came by a few hours after Ken woke up on the first day.
They brought clothes for both Ravi and Ken.
The dorm was not burned in any kind of way, but there were some smoke damages, so the company called some people to fix it.
The rest of the members who was not hospitalized had to live with friends or family the first few days.
“Hyung, did the doctor say anything to you?” Hyuk gave by every day to check up on them.
“Hyuk-ah.. Nothing has changed, the only one that can make Wonshik wake up are himself.
“Aren’t you going to go home soon hyung?” Hyuk placed his hand on Ken’s shoulder.
“I’m not leaving until Wonshik is OK again” He turned to Hyuk and gave him a weak smile.
“Everything is going to be okay hyung” Hongbin was standing a few meters away look down on Ravi.
“Of course it will” Ken smiled to the both of them and patted Hyuk on the back.
“Go on now guys. I will stay here, nothing for you to worry about. Just tell Hakyeon hyung to stop crying and come visit us soon.”
“Sure will do hyung” Hyuk and Hongbin waved their goodbyes and left.
Ken grabbed a towel and started to wipe away the sweat on Ravi’s face.
“Wonshik-ah, you need to wake up soon. I miss you so much.” He kept on wiping away the sweat until he was sure there was nothing on his face.
Ken grabbed another towel and stood up.
“Wonshik-ah, I’m going to take a shower, okay? I’ll be back in a few minutes, so don’t go anywhere in the meantime” Ken smiled, turned around and headed towards the bathroom.
Undressed and standing under the hot water, Ken realized that he was crying.
The tears disappeared down the drain with the water from the shower.
Just like that, he thought that his love for Ravi should disappear as well.
“Jaehwan-ah, get your head straight! You can never have Wonshik, you are not meant to be! Don’t you get that? He doesn’t love you like you love him! Stop thinking that he will ever love you back.” And just like that he emptied his mind and heart.
This was the beginning of letting Ravi go.

“Mr. Jaehwan. You need to wake up.” A female voice was ringing through his ears.
He slowly opened his eyes and saw a woman standing over him.
“Mr. Jaehwan. I need you to move over to the couch or somewhere else. I have to check the patient.” The nurse was holding her hand out to show Ken which way he could move to get out of the way.
“Of course, I’m so sorry” Ken got up when he realized that he has been sitting by Ravi’s bed when he fell asleep, which made him fall asleep on the edge of the bed.
“It’s okay” The nurse smiled at him and started to exterminate Ravi.
“Have you seen any signs from him?” the nurse turned to him.
“No. Nothing. Not even a moving finger” he looked at the floor, finding himself being sad again.
“You’re a good friend that stays here every day to look over him.” The nurse packed up her stuff and walked out of the room.
Left alone, Ken found himself yet again crying.
“Am I really a good friend Wonshik-ah? Am I? Then why do I love you?” His hand automatically hit the table with all his might.

The dark slowly entered the hospital room, like it was a long lost friend.
“Wonshik-ah. Look how pretty the night sky is. Maybe I should enjoy it for a moment?” He got up, walked over the window, opened it and sat on the windowsill.
“Can you feel the chilly, cold wind Wonshik-ah? I sure can” Ken stretched his hand out the window and felt the wind playing with his fingers.
He sat like that for a couple of minutes, but suddenly realized that he was shivering.
“Maybe I should get down now? It’s pretty cold out here” he jumped down, closed the window and walked over to Ravi again.
“It’s cold, isn’t it?” He placed his cold hand on Ravi’s cheek.
He kept on warming his hand on Ravi’s hot face for a few seconds, before he sat down on a chair next to the bed.
“Wonshik-ah, are you still sleeping?” Ken looked at Ravi, as if he was expecting an answer.
“You need to get up, you know.. So that I can get over you. I need to get over you. I decided last night that I’m letting you go. You’re happy, aren’t you?” he let out a small laugh.
“I have loved you for some time now and I understand that you won’t love me back, so I will let you go, but I need you to wake up first. I don’t regret anything. Caring for you, helping you and saving you from dying. I regret nothing!” He smiled at himself and grabbed Ravi’s hand.
“So get up, would you? I need to let go” He stopped talking as he felt something squeezing his hand.
“Don’t let me go Jaehwan-ah..”

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, you have been waiting for a long time, right?
I'm sorry... I hope you enjoyed this chapter ^^ remember to subscribe, vote and comment ~