Sugar Kisses - Sunggyu/Sungyeol

Vignettes

I've been having a hard time writing lately. I'm trying to finish the next chapter for Seasons Change, but my brain's fighting me on it. So instead I tried writing something different and shorter. This gyuyeol is pretty much connected to the last two gyuyeol stories I posted. They're still on the couch, so I guess that's gonna be a thing. I started writing this from a prompt, but it wasn't working. And then I thought of something I heard an actor say in an interview and that kinda became my inspiration.

 

 

 

Sunggyu's shoes greet Sungyeol when he steps into his apartment. At this point he's not even surprised. They've been dating for over a year, although they've known each other for almost ten. With the amount of time they spend together it's already like they're living together. "I'm starting to wonder why you even have your own place when you're always here," Sungyeol says as he kicks off his own shoes. He finds Sunggyu exactly where he expects him: sprawled on the couch like his money paid for it. He has one leg hooked over the back of the couch and the other bent at the knee, his phone held up over his face. It's hard to tell how long he's been in that position. "Maybe you should just move in and we'll both be saving money."

Sunggyu gives a slight smile in response to the suggestion, only looking over at Sungyeol briefly. The reaction is more subdued than Sungyeol was hoping for. For the last couple of months, Sunggyu's been the one dropping hints about them taking that next step. Sungyeol had caught on quickly, but he wanted to be completely sure before giving an answer.

"What, no snarky comment," he quips as he walks closer to the couch. He leans down to give Sunggyu a lingering kiss, smiling into it when he feels fingers grip his chin to hold him in place. He pulls away slowly. In Sunggyu's eyes he can see the reaction he wanted. He doesn't need to hear the words.

Pointing to his throat, Sunggyu makes an x with his hands. That's when Sungyeol remembers the other has a performance the next night. He'll be singing and talking for practically two hours straight; he tries to preserve his voice as best as he can beforehand.

Sungyeol stretches himself out on the couch next to Sunggyu, pushing him further into the cushions. He props his head up with one hand and lets the other settle on the waistband of Sunggyu's sweatpants. "That's too bad." He sighs like it's really that disappointing, though his hand also inches to push up the hem of his boyfriend's shirt.

Sunggyu stops him short with a quick slap to his hand. He maintains a stern look despite the pout Sungyeol gives him.

"I just wanted to tell you about my day," the younger man argues, playing innocent. He rests his hand back on Sunggyu's waist, but higher up to show he won't try anything. "I can't believe you'd think I'd use you for my own personal gain." The quiet scoff and raised eyebrow from Sunggyu clearly says that's exactly what he'd thought and they both know that it's true. Sungyeol clears his throat dramatically before continuing. "Well, anyway, I wasn't raised by wolves—or, you know, whatever the ual equivalent of wolves is. I know tomorrow's important, so you can relax. But I will tell you about my day. And from the beginning, too. So first I woke up—" He's cut off by Sunggyu's lips on his own. He kisses back immediately, easily moving on top of the other.

"Ten minutes," Sunggyu whispers when Sungyeol pulls away to start taking off his shirt.

"Thirty," Sungyeol bargains. "You don't even have to do anything."

"Just shut up."