Naughty Girls Need Love Too - Sungyeol/Woohyun

Vignettes

Prompt: "who's a good kitty?" "please refrain from petting me."

 

Happy Halloween! I still have a few hours left in the day, so this is technically not late. I didn't think I would be able to finish this in time, but after reading the last Halloween-themed story I wrote (like, two years ago) I felt like I could. Because I like to be vague in my writing, I should mention here that Sungyeol and Woohyun aren't officially together; it's kind of a friends-with-benefits kind of thing. I'm hoping to expand on it at a later time (i.e, after I've updated at least one of my other chaptered fics). Also, why are endings so hard?

 

 

 

Myungsoo is standing outside the club when Sungyeol finally reaches it. He has his phone to his ear, presumably talking to his girlfriend, but he cuts the call short once he spots Sungyeol. "I know great things take time," he says with a wide grin, "but it's way past fashionably late. Hoya was just about ready to leave. "Of course his so-called friends are excited for this. He really doesn't know why he hangs out with them. "The ears are great, by the way. And the whiskers are a good touch."

With a scoff, Sungyeol pushes past Myungsoo to go inside. The other catches his arm before he can get very far and Sungyeol's not even surprised to see the camera in his hand when he turns around. "Don't you have enough pictures?"

"But I don't have any of this outfit," Myungsoo counters. It almost looks like he's pouting.

Sungyeol can only sigh. There's no way he's ever going to live this down. The night air is cool on Sungyeol's fishnet-covered legs. He'd be a lot colder without the trench coat he has pulled close to his body. Unfortunately, he's not wearing much else. He unties the coat's belt and undoes the buttons slowly. All of the confidence he'd felt standing in front of his bathroom mirror is nowhere to be found. It's stupid, really, because he knows Myungsoo of all people isn't going to laugh at him. He's always supportive; especially with this kind of thing—not that Sungyeol does this very often.

Myungsoo's already poised with his camera by the time Sungyeol's slipped his coat off and draped it on his arm. Sungyeol doesn't bother posing, blindly trusting that the other will take flattering pictures. With every flash of the camera, he feels his self-esteem lifting. The black shorts and black crop-top don’t feel quite as revealing nor does the long, brown wig feel as heavy. He just feels like himself.

"Holy ."

Sungyeol and Myungsoo both turn at the new voice. Woohyun’s just stepped out of the club, his mouth agape and eyes wide. Myungsoo speaks up first. "He looks great, doesn't he?" When Woohyun doesn't respond, he laughs and wraps an arm around Sungyeol's shoulder to lead him into the warmth of the club. Woohyun follows behind them, seemingly in a daze.

Their other friends are split between two booths in a corner. Sunggyu, dressed as Winnie the Pooh for some reason, is in one with Dongwoo, Bora, Kibum, and a couple other people whose names Sungyeol still hasn't memorized. (They're probably friends with Dongwoo; he has so many.) At the other booth is Sungjong and Howon in matching zombie costumes along with Gwangsuk, Mijoo, and Soojung. Sungyeol's costume gets a loud cheer from everyone and Myungsoo quickly pulls him to sit down next to him at Sungjong's table. Woohyun ends up at the other table, but Sungyeol hardly notices between the drink that magically appears in his hand and the conversation he's pulled into by Sungjong.

He almost forgets about Woohyun for over an hour. He's lost count of his drinks—both how many and what was in them exactly—and most of the booth's occupants have fled either to the bar or the dancefloor. Myungsoo and his two left feet had chosen to sit out dancing. Instead he's back on his phone, now texting his girlfriend. Sungyeol's contemplating going to the bar for another glass of whatever the hell he just drank when he feels a hand on top of his head.

"Who's a good kitty?"

He looks up to find Woohyun standing over him. He the wig on Sungyeol’s head like he’s petting a real cat, even going so far as to scratch behind the fake ears. Sungyeol bats away Woohyun’s hand and rights the now askew accessory. He's not drunk enough for the other's teasing. "Please refrain from petting me," he says, scooting further into the booth and out of Woohyun's reach.

Woohyun takes that as an invitation to sit next to him. "Am I supposed to keep my hands to myself all night?" His body is facing Sungyeol, his hands placed innocently in his lap.

"You can do whatever you want with your hands," Sungyeol replies. He thinks he hears Myungsoo snort at that, but chooses to ignore it. "Just don't touch the hair." (He didn't spend all that time and money for Woohyun to muss it up with his rough hands.)

The smile on Woohyun's face is unabashed. No matter how many times they've done this (flirting, playing hard to get, kissing), he's always so eager, so excited. He moves closer to Sungyeol until their thighs are touching, but keeps his hands clasped together in his lap. "Have I told you how great you look," he asks. His eyes drop down to Sungyeol's costume before going back to his face.

"Not yet, but there's still time." Myungsoo outright gags at that and doesn't even pretend to still be on his phone when Sungyeol glares at him. Turning back to Woohyun, Sungyeol tries to regain his cool facade. "How about we take this conversation somewhere where our friends aren't obviously eavesdropping?" That sounds like an offer Woohyun isn't likely to pass up. He's proven right when Woohyun nods and gets up immediately. Sungyeol sticks his tongue out at Myungsoo before accepting the hand Woohyun is holding out to him. He can't say this isn't exactly how he imagined his night going. It might even be better.