I Can Hear the Bells - Sunggyu/Woohyun

Vignettes

Prompt: “Shh! Listen! That’s the sound of me falling in love with you.”

 

I had a different idea for this prompt when I started writing this, so I don't think the end result really fits with it. Even though it took me a bit longer than I thought it would I'm still pretty happy with this (despite the sudden ending). Plus, after the last chapter in An End Has a Start, I figured I should write a little happy (or at least not angsty) woogyu. I should re-read this, but I'm too lazy. So, yeah, enjoy~

 

 

 

 

Woohyun stirs at the brush of fingers against his forehead. He furrows his eyebrows slightly, but doesn't open his eyes. His awareness comes back in pieces as he first realizes the fingers belong to Sunggyu and then he remembers where they are. He'd invited Sunggyu over to his dorm room so he could study in relative peace. ("It's not a date," the older man had insisted despite the fact that Woohyun hadn't even used the word date.) While Sunggyu had sat at the desk, books and notes and his laptop covering the surface, Woohyun had stretched out on his bed to (surreptitiously observe Sunggyu) read the book he should've finished a week ago for his British Literature class. Somewhere along the way he dozed off. And now he's not entirely sure he's not still dreaming.

Sunggyu's hand disappears for a moment, probably waiting to see if Woohyun will wake up. It returns when he deems it safe to touch the other again. He brushes at Woohyun's bangs and pushes the hair off his forehead.

Woohyun has to will himself not to make any sudden movements or sigh at the touch. The action is so much more tender and affectionate than he's used to when it comes to Sunggyu. It's not like they're dating or anything like that—contrary to Sungyeol's nosy opinion and Woohyun's desperate wishing.

"The color's actually not that bad," Sunggyu says softly to Woohyun. He runs his hand across the top of Woohyun's head, the motion as gentle as his voice. "It's kind of cute on you."

Woohyun's heart speeds up at the sweetness lacing the other man's words. He knows Sunggyu's referring to his hair. He'd dyed it blond after losing a stupid bet with Sungyeol and Sunggyu hadn't been too thrilled with Woohyun's new look to say the least. But to hear that Sunggyu doesn't really hate it—that he thinks it's cute—makes Woohyun wonder if he'd even disliked it to begin with. In any case, Sunggyu's hand is still gently his head so Woohyun doesn't plan on arguing.

There's a moment of silence that makes Woohyun itch with curiosity. He can feel Sunggyu's eyes on him, but he has no idea what the expression on his face might be. He's fully committed to feigning sleep (and he wants to hear what else Sunggyu only seems to have the courage to say while he thinks Woohyun's unconscious). Sunggyu's quiet laugh catches him by surprise.

"Wow, how creepy is this?"

Woohyun's curiosity gets the better of him. "Not that much, actually," he says as he opens his eyes. The first thing he sees is Sunggyu's shocked expression. His eyes are the widest Woohyun's ever seen them (although that's not saying much), his hand frozen on Woohyun's head.

"H-how long have you been up?" Sunggyu tries to stay calm, but it's obvious he's panicking. He pulls his hand away from the other man and straightens in the desk chair he'd pulled up next to the bed.

"Long enough to hear you say my hair is cute," Woohyun replies teasingly. He grins at the way Sunggyu instantly flushes and looks away. After embarrassing himself so many times around Sunggyu, it feels nice to be on the other side. To have the other man flustered by something Woohyun said. "Who knew you had such a sweet side." Woohyun definitely didn't, but now that he does know it makes him fall for the other man even more.

Clearing his throat, Sunggyu twists a bit in his seat. "That’s usually reserved for a special few," he admits, rubbing the back of his neck.

Woohyun sits up and moves to the edge of the bed. He pulls Sunggyu closer when he tries to roll the chair away. "I’m special to you?" It's not like Sunggyu has completely dismissed the idea of the two of them dating. More like he’s chosen not to take Woohyun seriously; like he thinks Woohyun’s hinting that they could have a deeper relationship is his idea of a joke. Woohyun would have given up by now if he couldn’t tell that Sunggyu felt the same way. He’s not as forthcoming about it, but Woohyun knows it’s there.

"It would seem that way."

"How special?" He wants to hear Sunggyu say the words out loud, that he likes Woohyun too. He hates to admit it, but he needs the reassurance. It still feels like a one-sided crush despite whatever’s happened in the past five minutes.

Sunggyu doesn’t say anything, only blushing harder; which Woohyun takes as a good sign. He opens his mouth like he’s about to speak, but changes his mind, biting on his lip instead. After a moment’s hesitation he leans in towards Woohyun. Their lips touch before the younger man realizes what’s happening. And then Sunggyu is kissing him. And then… And then Woohyun stops thinking and goes on autopilot. He kisses Sunggyu back with an eagerness he should probably be embarrassed by, wrapping his arms around the other’s neck and nearly pulling him out of the chair. He’s smiling when he pulls back to look at Sunggyu. "That special, huh," he asks.