The Only Thing That Looks Good On Me is You - Sunggyu/Woohyun

Vignettes

This is only the first woogyu story I've written for this collection, but I'll add the woogyu tag anyway. This is a continuation to the third story from this thingy, so there isn't a prompt. It also ends pretty vaguely because I plan on writing at least one more story around the two of them. I should point out that even though I'm old enough to drink I don't, so I don't really know what I'm talking about when it comes to alcohol. Just a warning. Much like that first story, Sunggyu continues to be a . Enjoy~

 

 

 

It's official: Woohyun is in love.

"Marry me," he says to Sunggyu when the other takes his place behind the bar. There's still a buzz going through the crowd about how good Sunggyu was. After their laugh-filled rendition of “Run To You” (most of the laughter had come from Sunggyu), Woohyun hadn't expected the next song Sunggyu chose to sing to be a ballad. Or for him to sing it perfectly. To say Woohyun is impressed would be an understatement.

Sunggyu laughs, probably from the awed look on Woohyun's face. He doesn't seem phased by Woohyun's spontaneous proposal, leaving Woohyun to wonder how many people have fallen for him after hearing his voice. "I told you I didn't ."

"You definitely did not ."

There's a shy smile on Sunggyu's face as he excuses himself to tend to customers at the other end of the bar. It's a stark contrast to the smirk he'd thrown at Woohyun as he came down from the stage. Woohyun's eyes stay on Sunggyu while he works. Following his hands as he pours a tall glass of beer; scanning the broad expanse of his back when he turns around; staring at the little crescents his eyes become when he smiles. He finally looks away when Sunggyu starts walking back over to him.

"I know I'm ridiculously good-looking," Sunggyu starts with a smug grin, "but do you think you could tone down the staring? I feel like I have holes in my back now."

It should be embarrassing that Sunggyu has already noticed how strong Woohyun's crush is, but Woohyun isn't really trying to be subtle. He wants Sunggyu to know. Sunggyu is too coy for his own good. Woohyun can't tell if he's just messing with him or if he really isn't interested. But he makes a vow to figure out which it is by the end of the night.

"I'd think you'd be used to that by now." Woohyun rests his forearms on the counter and leans forward. "With that ridiculously good-looking face of yours, you probably have girls lined up just to look at you."

Playing along, Sunggyu nods like Woohyun's hit the nail on the head. "It's a tough life," he sighs dramatically. He perks up suddenly and his eyes light up. "Are you leaving any time soon?" At Woohyun's confused no, Sunggyu starts gathering random (to Woohyun, at least) bottles of alcohol. "Good. I'll make you another drink, then."

Remembering the last drink Sunggyu had made for him, Woohyun is wary to blindly agree to another one. "Tell me what it's called first."

Sunggyu doesn't look up as he measures out different amounts of alcohol and juice and pours them into a cocktail shaker filled with ice, but Woohyun can hear the amusement in his voice. "You don't trust me?" He glances over at Woohyun in time to catch the dubious look that passes over Woohyun’s face. "Yeah, I guess I deserve that," he laughs. "It's called on The Beach."

"Oh, I've had that before." He’d tried the fruity cocktail once when Sungyeol ordered it for him as a joke. But the joke had been on Sungyeol because Woohyun wasn’t embarrassed by the name and he actually enjoyed the drink. With renewed excitement, Woohyun watches as Sunggyu shakes up the drink and pours it into a tall glass.

"You're more adventurous than I thought," Sunggyu comments, adding the finishing touches to the new cocktail. He fixes an orange slice to the rim and sits a maraschino cherry skewered with a toothpick on top of the ice. His fingers brush Woohyun's as he hands over the drink.

Woohyun examines the glass, admiring the rosy color of the alcohol and the fruit garnish. "I might be new to Sloe Screws, but I'm very familiar with on The Beach," he says. It's useless bragging; he's only had the drink once, but Sunggyu doesn't know that. The cocktail is sweet from the fruit juice (orange and cranberry, Woohyun notes in his head) and masks the strong kick of vodka.

"So," Sunggyu stretches out the syllable, eyeing Woohyun expectantly. "Best you ever had?" Woohyun snorts at the innuendo. Sunggyu is really turning out to be nothing like Woohyun had thought he would be. There's a suspicious quirk to Sunggyu's lips as he continues to watch Woohyun. He waits until Woohyun's brought his glass up to his mouth before he speaks again. "I should give you a Screaming next time."

As expected, Woohyun embarrasses himself again. He misses his mouth entirely and instead his next sip rolls down his chin and splashes onto his pants. Sunggyu's too busy dying of laughter, mouth wide open and eyes nowhere to be found, to notice the glare Woohyun sends him. "I change my mind," Woohyun says while wiping his chin with the back of his hand. "I don't want to marry you." He sounds like a spoiled child, but he's still too embarrassed to care about that.

Sobering up a bit, Sunggyu finally holds out a napkin for Woohyun to wipe his face with. "Aw, don't be like that." He pouts (actually pouts; Woohyun is momentarily shocked out of his anger by the sight) and leans on the counter. "But you look so cute when you're flustered."

Woohyun looks away, chugging almost half of his drink. His cheeks feel like they're on fire and he's sure his whole face must be red. His annoyance with Sunggyu has pretty much vanished. It's replaced with a hope that grows steadily the longer he feels Sunggyu's eyes on him.

"Oh, there it is." Sunggyu reaches out to pinch one of Woohyun's cheeks. "You should see how cute you look," he coos, tightening his hold on Woohyun’s skin. Woohyun bats his hand away to resume glaring at him. "What," Sunggyu challenges, "You don't think you're cute?"

"I think you're cute."

Sunggyu's smile falters for a second. "Yeah. I've noticed."

"And?"

"And?" Sunggyu's eyebrows knit together in confusion.

"I think you're cute. You think I'm cute. We should do something about that."

"Like what?"

He's obviously playing dumb, but Woohyun fills him in anyway. "Go out on a date."

The smile returns to Sunggyu's face in the form of a playful grin. "I told you I'm not that cheap."