Barrier

Goodbye

Chaesa POV

The song eventually ended, and when I turned around, someone was standing in the doorway. Out of instinct, I checked looked down at my clothes to make sure they were okay. *Good.* 

"Ahem..." I cleared my throat quietly. 

"Hi." He said "What song is that?"

"Uhm, it's by this band called VIXX. I believe it's called 'On and On'" 

"You're a fan?"

"Not really, I just looked them up because I have to go on a talk show with them later."

"Oh, I see."

"Hyung, where are you?! We need to go!" 

Whoever he was, he seemed to recognize the voice that called him, and he headed out of the room. 

"I'm Hakyeon, by the way." He said, popping back in. Then he left. 

*Hakyeon...* Shaking me head, I went to close the notebook, and proceeded to check the time. -7:45?! I need to be in the car by eight o' clock! As if that set off a switch in my mind, my feet quickly carried me out of the room, and into the kitchen. There, I saw 6 fully-dressed boys joking around.

"Chaesa-yah! What are you doing? You're not dressed??" Yongguk asked

Zelo who was sitting next to Jongup said "Hi, noona!" 

I turned around to get ready, and slipped on someone's napkin. Looking up, I saw the someone who I honestly couldn't deal with right now. He stared at me with cold eyes, and bent down. Thinking he was going to help me up, I held onto his shoulder, and pushed myself to a standing position. He glared.

"I just wanted my napkin back. People aren't always going to act like they're your motheryou know." 

This is just too much. The reference was too obvious, and I couldn't control my anger. All the members were staring, and I stood there shooting daggers at him with my eyes. He was still bent over, and I took the opportunity to shove him downwards. 

"Now, would a mother do that?" I asked. He stared at the floor, "I thought not." 

After that, I ran as fast as I could back to my room. *Bastard...* I thought. Looking in the mirror, it was viable that tears were forming in my eyes. But blinking them away, I checked the time again. 7:50. I got dressed in a decent amount of time, as I'd already planned out what to wear last night. Darting back into the kitchen, I saw that I was just in time. Zelo was just following Himchan out the door, and I ran up to him. 

He smiled, "Hi" 

I smiled back, and as soon as we were out, grabbed his arm, and ran to the van. Pushing past me, he took the last seat which was next to Yongguk, and the terrible thought of having to sit on someone's lap turned my face pale. 

"yah, Chaesa. There's a spot next to Daehyun-hyung in the back!" Zelo called

In the back were three seats, and Youngjae was on one side while Daehyun was in the middle. The last spot was between the window, and the jerk. I in a breath, and Yongguk tensed up, remember what happened earlier. 

"Youngjae-oppa, can I sit next to you, pleeeasssee?" I asked with my best aegyo. 

I guess it was pretty much a fail, as he ended up laughing, and Himchan seemed about ready to die due to the fact he was trying to keep a serious expression. 

"Mianhae, Chaesa. I get headaches if I'm not next to the window." I tilted my head, confused. Then he rolled down the glass, allowing fresh air to enter the vehicle.

After that, I said nothing, and sat down. I was silent most of the time, and my body was pressing as close to the window as it possibly can. Occasionally, I would sneak a glance at Daehyun beside me, and tried my best to push my old memories with him away. He was a jerk anyways. So who cares? Pff... He said I acted like his mother. Only twice has he ever admitted that to me out loud. Once being a little while before we broke it off, and the second being just this morning. My feelings for him were so mixed up, it hurt my head to think about it. Saying that I wanted to leave him never really hurt me... It's just painful to think of the moments where he wasn't a complete jerk to me...

"Lee Chaesa-noona!!!" I jumped up. "C'mon! We're here!" 

Only then had I realized that the car was parked, and I was the only one left seated. Struggling to unbuckle my seat belt, Zelo reached over, and helped me out. 

"Thanks, Zelo" I sighed 

"Chaesa-noona, can you call me Junhong?" He asked timidly 

This made me laugh, and I replied, "Sure.... Junhong" 

His smile widened, and he pushed me ahead of him, because we were falling behind the rest. 

Backstage, the stylists buzzed around us, making sure we looked good. I still wasn't used to the make-up, and ended up sneezing a few times. When we were done, we were brought to the set, and we waited for our Que.

"And now we welcome, B.A.P!" The MC announced. *Here we go.* I thought.

Multiple bright lights were shining on us, and the MC continued by making small talk with Yongguk. Not very long after, his attention shifted to me. 

"So who's this intimidating young lady?" He asked to no one in particular 

I bowed 90°, and said, "Annyeonghaseyo, Lee Chaesa imnida." 

"She's our new member!" Junhong added

"Oh, I see! B.A.P has lots of things going on don't they!" We nodded, and he chuckled "I'm exited to learn more about you." He said to me

"Kamsahamnida." I responded

The show was mostly regarding future comebacks, and any other news that the company had. Eventually, we came to the topic on the collaboration with VIXX. The collaboration was to show the public that different bands are able to get along with each other, and to make an alliance with VIXX's company. The two bands would be living with each other for a certain amount of time, and they would be making a video diary to 'make memories.'

"Why don't we start the collaboration a bit early? It is to officially starting later tonight, correct?" We nodded. "Well then why waste time? Please welcome, VIXX!"

A group of boys walked out, and I was surprised to see Hakyeon standing among them. My members greeted them, and I stood still. Awestruck about how I wasn't able to recognize Hakyeon, even with his own music video playing in front of me. Hakyeon approached me, and said,

"Have we met before?" I blushed, and he laughed. 

When everything settled down, and the two bands were lined up with the MC standing in the middle.

"Here we go," He said with a smile. "How about we warm up to each other with a little game?"

An assistant came up to him with  a tray full of small squares of paper. They groaned, and I was a bit confused as to why. 

"What's going on?" I whispered to Jongup 

"You'll see..." He said back

"First up!" the MC called "Zelo and.... Ravi!"

The members laughed, and I laughed too. Zelo's reaction was really funny. He had crouched down to his knees, and was covering his face.

"I barely know him!" Ravi protested

"Yeah! I don't think we're in that stage yet!" Junhong joked, causing more laughs 

"Sorry... I don't make the rules!" The MC replied "The fans took a poll on who should go with who!" 

Everyone's laughing was infectious, and soon enough, Junhong and Ravi managed to stand facing each other, completely serious. The MC counted off,

"Hana, dul, set!"

And the two boys began to pass the paper between each other using only their mouths.... I was both amused, and disturbed by how they managed to stay serious the whole time... In the end, they finished by passing 27 papers in about 60 seconds. We all clapped, and now, we had time for one more set to go.

"Next up! We had a request from the fans to pair up; Leader, N, and the newest member from B.A.P!" 

My eyes widened, and my jaw nearly dropped open. No,no,no. Anyone but Hakyeon... I was embarrassed enough by him....

When I stood in front of him, he smirked, and I felt someone's stare burning into my back. The Mc started the timer, and 'N' picked up a piece of paper by using suction to hold it against his mouth. He leaned in, and I scrunched up my face, not wanting to look. The paper was thin enough that I can feel the warmth of his breath through it, but thankfully, nothing more. 

I dropped off the paper in a plate that I was holding, and we continued the same action about 4 or 5 times. I was starting to get used to it, and I opened my eyes. Our pace was getting faster, and I was getting jumpy, as we were close to beating Junhong, and Ravi's time. around the 20th one, our lips were smashing into each others with the paper as a barrier, and I was starting to lose my breath. I closed my eyes for a few seconds to regain it, and I felt something touch my lips that wasn't paper.

As soon as I opened my eyes, to see Hakyeon jerk away from me, and laugh/scream.

"YAH!" I yelled, falling backwards

Everyone else was laughing, and I saw the Mc with the piece of paper that would’ve been our barrier, in his hands. The whole world froze, and I was turning extremely red. I managed to choke out a few strangled laughs, but all I saw was Hakyeon running around, and looking for something to wipe his lips on, while I was there, on the floor, and offended. *Either these boys are really immature, or Hakyeon really doesn't like me...* I don't even know why this bothers me... 

Still, with that fake smile on my face, I stand up. Hakyeon holds a gaze with me, but it doesn't last long. I look away, scolding myself for even looking at him in the first place.